*BENCH ROWDY*

Jeffreauxdawg

All-American
Dec 15, 2017
8,891
8,003
113
Don't get to wooly, he just went deep off a guy that will be The assistant manager supervising a grocery bagger in a few weeks.***
 

Jeffreauxdawg

All-American
Dec 15, 2017
8,891
8,003
113
Go check his SEC-only stats.

It's a joke Wagstaff. I'm a Rowdy fan.

Referencing Lou Brown from Major League II. Willie Mays Hays went deep off a guy in Spring Training and Lou commented the guy would be bagging groceries in a few weeks. I figured a pitcher from Southern would be an assistant manager at a grocery store after graduating, not actually bagging groceries.Tis a joke for us old fogies that watched baseball movies when they actually made them.
 

Seinfeld

All-American
Nov 30, 2006
11,614
7,830
113
I try not to get too much into nitpicking after a win, but for me at least, Rowdy’s never been the concern. Even during his slump, his OBP has been around .375, so he’s been finding his way on base a good bit. Plus, just watching him at the plate, you can see how badly he wanted to break out which clearly led to a lack of patience at times, but you just knew it was coming. Then when you factor in his speed and glove, it was a no brainer to keep giving him at bats.

Now Hatcher? That’s the one where I just don’t know. He had a nice pull down the right field line last night, but that brought his average up to .204, and his .273 OBP has to be near the bottom in the entire conference. I just can’t imagine someone hitting worse and an SEC coach leaving them in the lineup. I really hope the kid breaks out, but unlike Rowdy, it’s not like Hatcher’s just a little over anxious. He looks dang near lost on every at bat, and it seems like he’s constantly in an 0-2 or 1-2 hole. There’s obviously a reason Lemonis keeps giving him chances, but as of right now, I still don’t get it
 

MSUDC11

Redshirt
Aug 23, 2012
7,316
0
0
It really is amazing how Rowdey heats up right around the time we play Auburn, every dang year.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Week 5 Preview: Alabama Q&A
  2. 02 Maroon and White Mississippi State’s Isaac Smith and Fluff Bothwell “Probable” on initial SEC availability report
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Week 5 Preview: Who Controls the Skies?
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football "Complementary team football is what they're doing really well": Alabama HC Kalen DeBoer on Mississippi State matchup
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football SEC Nation returns to Starkville, beginning with Friday Finebaum show