Bianco says he wants to come back...

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
It would be very expensive to fire and hire a coach. Baseball doesn’t make much, if any, money. The correct financial decision as an athletics department is to keep him. There’s also no guarantee a replacement would win more.

This is why State fans clamoring for Lemonis to be fired are idiots.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
It would be very expensive to fire and hire a coach. Baseball doesn’t make much, if any, money. The correct financial decision as an athletics department is to keep him. There’s also no guarantee a replacement would win more.

Except, money isn't why we kept Lemonis and every coach we've had since Polk has gotten us to the CWS. (Notes Canz but his players won it).
Bianca does have a large contract though and OM folks have blown their wad on football already.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Uh, have you been reading our boards?
Yes. It would have been stupid for us to fire Lemonis too, even though he we have had other coaches who have been nearly as good. They really haven't had anyone close to what they have now.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
all the big money boosters have their chips all in on football this year. Nothing will change for basketball and baseball in the next 2 years.

Reactions: patdog

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Auburn has entered the chat
I wish people would quit making this stupid comparison. #1, football is not baseball. #2, everybody knows the Cam/Malzahn combo is what won Auburn that title. And Malzahn was there in 2011 when Auburn first dipped, he left and they cratered, came back, and they rose up, similarly to what our baseball team is doing now. Except in our case it was the head coach staying and hiring an assistant pitching coach.

Either way, the Auburn example, if you look at it past the surface level, actually supports keeping your coach instead of firing him.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022

THIS.

You don’t fire and pay an enormous buyout for a baseball coach. That makes zero sense from a financial athletic department perspective. Football and MBB would be the only sports you make this decision. OM would be wise to keep Bianco until his buyout reduces, however long that takes. They’ll continue to recruit just fine and their program won’t completely implode if he’s there.

Reactions: pseudonym

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
fans want him gone. This is going to end bad.

And I'm here for all of it.
Bianco is a good dude. He deserves another year. He will turn them around pretty quickly considering all the young talent they have on their team. I wouldn't touch a thing. Let those kids mature.

Reactions: eckie1

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Firing what is hands down your best coach ever two years after your only National Championship would be an incredibly stupid move.
I disagree. I think the smart move for them is to fire him and make derogatory comments about him if he doesn't go quietly and be a good sport. Make it super messy so the new coach they hire knows expectations are high and he can't coast just because he is the first coach to win a national championship or generally the most successful coach they've had in a sport since integration.