Big10 Likely Changing Rules

Bulldog from Birth

All-Conference
Jan 23, 2007
2,556
1,164
113
Going to change the rules a week out from their conference title game to protect Ohio State. I understand Ohio State had some unfortunate luck. But this is B.S. to me to change the rules at the last minute. They’d never do this if situation was reversed with Indiana and Ohio State. Just more crafting of the rules to protect the big money programs.
 

dawgstudent

Heisman
Apr 15, 2003
40,559
22,418
113
They changed the rules 2 months ago. I don't have a problem changing the rules now.

The problem is the Big 10 waited too long to start the season.
 

Bulldog from Birth

All-Conference
Jan 23, 2007
2,556
1,164
113
It’s totally different changing rules before the season and mid-season when you know who it will benefit and who it will hurt.

But you are right. The Big10 totally botched it by starting so late.
 

missouridawg

Junior
Oct 6, 2009
9,407
309
83
They changed the rules 2 months ago. I don't have a problem changing the rules now.

The problem is the Big 10 waited too long to start the season.

The problem is that the Big 10 tried to be the wokest of all the conferences and they made just about every decision in the woke thought bubble.

I don't have a problem with them changing it either, but their first mistake was walking down the woke trail.
 

patdog

Heisman
May 28, 2007
60,595
31,865
113
Agree. Should have never implemented that rule if they were just going to change it when OSU was about to get hurt. Didn't take a genius to see 2 months ago this might happen. And you're right, no way they do this if, say Northwestern was 4-1. Big 10 is just looking more and more foolish at every turn. What a Mickey Mouse conference.
 

T-TownDawgg

All-Conference
Nov 4, 2015
4,819
4,974
113
I find it funny that the self-proclaimed intellectualy woke giants of the P5 had a plan to force everyone else to follow their chicken-**** political reaction to a public health issue, revenue be damned, and they got left behind.

Now they have to change their own rules and crawfish like bitches so their student-athlete-hired-hands can play that barbaric sport during the biggest spike in covid cases to date in order to save their proverbial bacon. GD hypocrites.
 
Last edited:
Nov 12, 2007
26,045
10,209
113
It's understandable but their holier than thou attitude in the beginning makes them now look like the hypocrites they are.

I hope they get Bama and get smashed. It would be one of the few times I would pull for Bama.
 

Bill Shankly

Redshirt
Nov 27, 2020
2,095
0
0
It's understandable but their holier than thou attitude in the beginning makes them now look like the hypocrites they are.

I hope they get Bama and get smashed. It would be one of the few times I would pull for Bama.
I don't like OSU at all but in fairness to them they wanted to play all along and voted to do so. Michigan was the ringleader in not playing.
 

DawgInThe256

All-Conference
Feb 18, 2011
1,572
1,408
83
If they were going to have such an abbreviated schedule, they should have just implemented a pool play tournament.
 

patdog

Heisman
May 28, 2007
60,595
31,865
113
OSU cancelled a game earlier this season. It's not like it's just this one game that's keeping them under the limit. I agree that it's better for the Big 10 and for college football in general if OSU is eligible for the Big 10 championship game. But they way they went about it is ********.
 

Seinfeld

All-American
Nov 30, 2006
11,652
7,914
113
That and the false(yet predictable) illusion that every other conference would simply fall in line with their decision making. From the minute that Sankey said the SEC was still moving forward with its plans, the Big 10 was toast
 

mstateglfr

All-American
Feb 24, 2008
16,908
6,749
113
They changed the rules 2 months ago. I don't have a problem changing the rules now.

The problem is the Big 10 waited too long to start the season.

There is a big difference between changing the rule before anyone plays and changing it at the end of the season specifically to benefit a single school.
The first change affected every school equally. The second change directly benefits 1 school. That is inconsistent as 17. Even OSU fans should be able to see how inconsistent that is.

It was dumb to have a minimum number of games, in hindsight. It made sense at the time though- nobody wants a team to play and win 2 games and make it into the championship when all the other teams play 7 and there is a team thats sitting at 6-1. <---hypothetical numbers.
They created a rule, they should live with it.
 
Nov 12, 2007
26,045
10,209
113
I don't like OSU at all but in fairness to them they wanted to play all along and voted to do so. Michigan was the ringleader in not playing.

Sorry I was talking about the conference and I should have said that. You're right in that OSU wanted to play along with a couple of other teams.
 

The Fatboy

Senior
Oct 18, 2005
2,782
744
83
The other conferences have changed rules, they squashed games that weren't advantageous to their playoff contenders
 

paindonthurt_

All-Conference
Jun 27, 2009
9,528
2,046
113
It was better for college football if they played earlier.

I’m not sure this is better for college football.
 

patdog

Heisman
May 28, 2007
60,595
31,865
113
Care to provide any examples of conferences that have changed the rules to do this?
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Basketball Recruiting 5-star AJ Williams details his official visits and where things stand with UNC, BYU & Arkansas as the early signing period nears
  2. 02 Maroon and White Mississippi State Bye Week Checklist: What Needs Work?
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Bye Week Watchlist
  4. 04 Maroon and White Mississippi State Basketball tipoff times finalized
  5. 05 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Mississippi State, Maryland & UCF talking visits with 4-star forward K'Nard Callendar