Bobby Hurley

HuntinAces

Joined Sep 9, 2014
Sep 9, 2014
1,413
665
113
How'd he get the shaft from Duke?
He was stringing together some nice years at ASU, Had success at Buffalo and was truly trending in a great direction at a school that had to compete with Arizona.
Truly positioning himself as a target to take over Duke. Then Covid season happened, they had a tough year and it was after that year in June Duke appointed Scheyer head coach in waiting.
 

SC95

Joined Mar 31, 2008
Jan 31, 2022
661
1,251
93
He was stringing together some nice years at ASU, Had success at Buffalo and was truly trending in a great direction at a school that had to compete with Arizona.
Truly positioning himself as a target to take over Duke. Then Covid season happened, they had a tough year and it was after that year in June Duke appointed Scheyer head coach in waiting.
I always respected Hurley's competitiveness and grit, but I would not trade Scheyer for Hurley.
 

HuntinAces

Joined Sep 9, 2014
Sep 9, 2014
1,413
665
113
I always respected Hurley's competitiveness and grit, but I would not trade Scheyer for Hurley.
Agreed. Duke clearly made the right choice. I hate Duke with a passion. And none of this matters as we already know Paris will be back.
But as a potential candidate that could fit in to our financial situation, could’ve made sense.
 
GamecockCentral

Latest

  1. 01 TheBigSpur Carolina Gameday | Saturday morning speed read | South Carolina at 16 Florida
  2. 02 GamecockCentral Football Florida getting healthier ahead of South Carolina showdown
  3. 03 GamecockCentral Football Four officially ruled out for South Carolina vs. Florida
  4. 04 GamecockCentral Football Advanced stats of the week ahead of South Carolina-Florida: Bad pass defenses
  5. 05 GamecockCentral Football Carolina Confidential - Final thoughts on South Carolina vs. Florida