Bourbon

TNT.sixpack

Redshirt
Nov 4, 2014
819
43
28
My son offered me Screwball peanut butter flavored bourbon a while back mixed with coke (I think). I’m not a fan of flavored bourbon - I didn’t like it. Tonight I wanted a drink. No bourbon in the house. He happened to have some screwball he brought back after duck hunting. Beggars can’t be choosers. I told him to pour it up straight. This stuff is amazing. I’m kind of embarrassed to say how much I like it. Ridiculously smooth. .... Anonymous poster
 
Last edited:

57stratdawg

Heisman
Dec 1, 2004
148,711
24,584
113
It is good in moderation. It’s rather sweet. If you’ve ever put peanuts in a coke, you can recreate that with it.

You could probably figure out some good holiday drinks with it. Maybe a spiked hot chocolate / coffee with Irish cream
 

TNT.sixpack

Redshirt
Nov 4, 2014
819
43
28
It is good in moderation. It’s rather sweet. If you’ve ever put peanuts in a coke, you can recreate that with it.

You could probably figure out some good holiday drinks with it. Maybe a spiked hot chocolate / coffee with Irish cream

Funny you say that. I tried it next in egg nog sprinkled with cinnamon . Spectacular.
 

ckDOG

All-American
Dec 11, 2007
10,421
6,815
113
Use it in an old fashioned.

My son offered me Screwball peanut butter flavored bourbon a while back mixed with coke (I think). I’m not a fan of flavored bourbon - I didn’t like it. Tonight I wanted a drink. No bourbon in the house. He happened to have some screwball he brought back after duck hunting. Beggars can’t be choosers. I told him to pour it up straight. This stuff is amazing. I’m kind of embarrassed to say how much I like it. Ridiculously smooth. .... Anonymous poster

Not familiar with Screwball, but I've had a peanut infused old fashioned before. I was skeptical, but it was pretty good. Give it a whirl.
 

hatfieldms

All-Conference
Feb 20, 2008
8,767
2,532
113
It is an awesome dessert drink. We drink it a lot around here with a chocolate liqueur, egg nog, and on the rocks
 

Bulldog Bruce

All-American
Nov 1, 2007
5,263
6,506
113
I have a Vanilla Bourbon that my wife uses for egg nog and irish coffee. I don't like either coffee or egg nog so I have not tried it.
 

cowbell88

All-Conference
Jan 11, 2009
3,369
1,098
113
Sugarland Shine Butter Pecan sipping cream is just awesome.

Had a buddy pick me up some apple pie shine when he went to Gatlinburg a few weeks ago. He also got the Butter Pecan to try. It only lasted a week or so. I could have finished it in 3 days easily enough.
 

BlueRidgeMtns

All-Conference
Nov 29, 2016
5,534
3,404
113
My dad usually keeps some Bird Dog in his collection... they have all kinds of flavors from maple to blackberry to peach. Usually, I'll go for something else, but they're pretty good when you want something sweet.
 

T-TownDawgg

All-Conference
Nov 4, 2015
4,818
4,974
113
Another vote for Sugarland Butter Pecan. Best coffee creamer ever. I even gave a jar to my boss quid pro quo. He no longer randomly sniffs my coffee cup.
 

Dawgbite

Heisman
Nov 1, 2011
9,929
11,381
113
I’m not a fan of the Screwball Peanut butter. Give me Old Smokey Salted Caramel any day. It’s like drinking Wherthers Candy.
 
Sep 21, 2017
975
760
93

T-TownDawgg

All-Conference
Nov 4, 2015
4,818
4,974
113
Oh, that stuff is amazing, just can't find it.
Anything that distillery puts out is legit. Buffalo Trace and Eagle Rare sums up about all I buy anymore.
 

o_Hot Rock

Senior
Jan 2, 2010
2,064
959
113
I don't pay much attention to what's in vogue in anymore, getting old does that to you. I like a Blue Moon once in awhile. Does one not get just as drunk on flavored alcohol?

I don't do mixed drinks often and have not tried the flavored Bourbons but if it floats your boat, then enjoy.
 

The Peeper

Heisman
Feb 26, 2008
16,737
12,501
113
Same here. I drink my coffee strong and black, sip whatever liquor I'm drinking straight or on the rocks and can't stand a strawberry, orange, grapefruit etc beer. And yep, I'm in the older crowd too
 

DawgNsuds

Senior
Jun 4, 2007
973
725
93
Was told by a liquor rep that Screwball can be enjoyed by those with a peanut allergy, that the chemist that created it took out whatever caused the allergy because their spouse was allergic to peanuts. The story goes that it is the only one that is safe for those suffering from a peanut allergy ***** Disclaimer, if you have a peanut allergy, please confirm this before indulging, this is purely 2nd hand information. Actually, I would hope anyone would confirm info they picked up on a message board.
 

FreeDawg

All-Conference
Oct 6, 2010
4,105
1,109
98
Peanut butter bourbon, ice, chambord, bitters = PB&J. I actually like to go half abs half with the pb bourbon and a regular bourbon. That pb bourbon is so damn sweet.
 

Mobile Bay

All-Conference
Jul 26, 2020
4,243
2,188
113
Oh, that stuff is amazing, just can't find it.
Anything that distillery puts out is legit. Buffalo Trace and Eagle Rare sums up about all I buy anymore.

Don't sleep on Benchmark 8.It is basically Buffalo Trace green label. Yes I know it's a lower shelf bourbon. But it has an bit of an orange flavor to it and they sell premade eggnog with that in it and that is fantastic.
 

SwampDawg

Sophomore
Feb 24, 2008
2,193
122
63
I had never heard of Screwball until I read this thread, then walked into my favorite watering hole while it was unpacking a bunch of bottles. You know what the box on top of the pile was.
 

Col. Forbin

Junior
Oct 2, 2012
1,371
255
63
Look for several more benchmark variations to come out soon. Methinks they are going to move it up to the Buffalo Trace price range and bump that one up to the next tier. I’ve seen the label submissions for Benchmark “top rack”, “bottled in bond”, and maybe full proof. It’s a decent deer camp bourbon as it is now.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Mississippi State Bye Week Checklist: What Needs Work?
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Bye Week Watchlist
  3. 03 Maroon and White Mississippi State Basketball tipoff times finalized
  4. 04 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Mississippi State, Maryland & UCF talking visits with 4-star forward K'Nard Callendar
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football "Fine line": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on managing health and preparation