Boy, I sure hope we land Daniel Hill, but I hate that this it how is has to be

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
"Asked what they Gamecocks need to do to protect their lead, Hill said they shouldn’t take the air out of the ball with him. 'They just need to keep doing what they’re doing honestly. Interacting, communicating and showing me how much they want me.'” Like, if we didn't text him one day, would we fall from the top spot? I'd hate to lose him to Alabama, but I sure hope he doesn't go to UT. That would suck.

I tell you, I could not do it...just don't have the personality for it. I would not have the energy to text/call a kid multiple times a week and try to make banal chit chat...and do that for multiple recruits...all the time. Maybe I could muster the energy if I was getting paid $6 million.

Big JC

May 12, 2023
I'm with you. I can't imagine having to schmooze a bunch of prima donna high school kids all the time. I couldn't even begin to pretend I liked any of their music and their ebonics texts and twitter posts would drive me crazy.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
I'm with you. I can't imagine having to schmooze a bunch of prima donna high school kids all the time. I couldn't even begin to pretend I liked any of their music and their ebonics texts and twitter posts would drive me crazy.

haha, yeah, like I said, I guess if I was getting paid $6 million, I'd figure out how to do it, but it would be wholly disingenuous. I've never had the ability to pretend to be interested in something.

I'd feel like this guy:

Big JC

May 12, 2023
haha, yeah, like I said, I guess if I was getting paid $6 million, I'd figure out how to do it, but it would be wholly disingenuous. I've never had the ability to pretend to be interested in something.

I'd feel like this guy:

LOL; exactly

Slim Chickens Gamecock

Feb 2, 2022
Stand Hill in the center of a circle of those monster OLine guys and show him what it feels like to have protection and road graders to plow the way.

Maccmaine12

Joined Oct 19, 2020
Jan 31, 2022
This started the downfall of Spurrier.
I think the day Shane left is when our recruiting took a lot of steps back. Clemson started to kill it in the in state prospects and Spurrier JR took over as head of recruiting for us. And as soon as our recruiting was starting to be good again then Spurrier announced that he wouldn’t be coaching for long and we lost out on 10+ nfl players in one recruiting cycle.

GcockNan13

Garnet Trust Supporter
Feb 17, 2022
I mean that is a personality trait of majority of college football coaches which is why not everyone can handle it. These coaches want to go out and do everything they can to get the best players to come play for them. Kindve a moot point…from day one of a coaching interview if you said you couldn’t schmooze recruits you’d never get hired in the first place just like if you couldn’t do math you’d never be able to be a CPA.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
I think the day Shane left is when our recruiting took a lot of steps back. Clemson started to kill it in the in state prospects and Spurrier JR took over as head of recruiting for us. And as soon as our recruiting was starting to be good again then Spurrier announced that he wouldn’t be coaching for long and we lost out on 10+ nfl players in one recruiting cycle.
Steve, Jr. was an unmitigated disaster.