I would rather be a starter on a Super Bowl team that lost than a role player on a Super Bowl team that won.
Courtesy of Dan Patrick.
Courtesy of Dan Patrick.
I can guaran-damn-tee you that I'd give a ****. And I'm sure a lot of retired players would rather have a $2M/year career with no ring than a couple of years at $280K-$360K with a ring. The ring is great, but you're not set for life with a 2-year league minimum career. You are set for life with a career that maxes out at $2M/year.bonedaddy401 said:<span class="post-title">Down the line, nobody will give a **** you made 2 mil a year</span>
I promise you that close to every retired player that doesn't have a ring wishes they had one no matter how much money they made when they were playing.
Also, I bet Kelly and Marino for that matter would not give up his career stats and starting role on numerous AFC Championship teams to be a back up on a team that won the Super Bowl.kills Jim Kelly that he doesn't have a Super Bowl ring.
Nah. Half the time he winds up pawning off the ring too.ranier wolfcastle3 said:The backup player described in the buy/sell typically ends up being some guy selling used cars. But hey, at least he has a nice ring on his finger.
Rivals Football Recruiting
How Kamario Taylor's success is helping Mississippi State recruit top quarterbacks
Maroon and White Football
Jett Jefferson's early impact elevating Mississippi State secondary
Maroon and White Football
"I gotta give it all I got": Mississippi State WR Anthony Evans III on crucial 4th quarter catch
Maroon and White Football
Points of Focus from Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby heading into Week 5
Rivals Football Recruiting
Wiltfong Whiparound: Mega prediction for Kentucky; Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State all made big recruiting moves in week four