Cam 17en Matthews

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Let me see him at the tip of the 1-3-1 spear and then I'll comment.
Funny, when I read the OP, the first two players who came to mind were 'Animal' Frazier and Vincent. We had quite the run in the 90's and Aughts. Hope we are on the way back.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
I'd like to see the high flying Cam break away for an uncontested dunk. He's a rim rattler for sure. Probably the only player on our team that could duplicate a Michael Jordan "from the foul line slam". Man, if he could just get his outside shots falling. He struggles with his 3's and other lengthy shots, but then again, the whole team is struggling with outside shooting, except Davis. Cam starts hitting his 3's.....he becomes the most dangerous player on the team.

tcdog70

Sep 24, 2012
to me--he is Wiley Peck part 2.. Both came in raw but improved every year.. I've been watching Bulldogs for a long time.. Cam is a force.

ezsoil

May 26, 2013
Cam has made a huge jump this year...but last game the one that gave a glimpse of "what could be" is Murphy...he is an absolute freak physically and has mad skills... if he learns to play defense ..you are talking a generational talent ...after he had that Block and had a run out for a layup...that completely changed our defense ...every shooter that saw him close out ...missed their shot...

Reactions: 3407Dewey

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
to me--he is Wiley Peck part 2.. Both came in raw but improved every year.. I've been watching Bulldogs for a long time.. Cam is a force.
I used to play some one-on-one with Wiley back in the day in McCarthy Gym. Cam is much more athletic than Wiley. Cam is a slasher and handles the rock better than Wiley. I held up well vs Wiley as long as I took my game outside. He didn't want to come out from under the basket until I started hitting some long shots. Now the one thing I avoided was trying to outgun Wiley inside near the basket. That was no mas as I only went about 6'4".