Cam Scott commitment

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
4*/5* SG out of Lexington. ON3 gives us the best odds at 33%. Rivals has him 100% to Texas. I haven't followed much with his recruitment.

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
4*/5* SG out of Lexington. ON3 gives us the best odds at 33%. Rivals has him 100% to Texas. I haven't followed much with his recruitment.
He's got a strong connection to a UT coach....however, over on TOS they're saying either USC or Bama. Landing him would be HUGE for Paris.

Reactions: 18IsTheMan

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Looks like whoever is running the live stream is doing it from his apartment.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Welp, would have been a major grab for Paris.

Losing yet another local star player to an out-of-state program.

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
Welp, would have been a major grab for Paris.

Losing yet another local star player to an out-of-state program.
Oh well. He at least got GG last year, so it's a good start. Hopefully he can start getting in on this in state talent earlier now that he's into his 2nd year.

I know there was a lot of talk that he fell into GG b/c UNC didn't have a room for him. But that's technically not true. UNC would have taken him. They couldn't have offered him a scholly, but they made sure he knew his tuition, room and board were going to be covered for the year with NIL.

Roosterbell

Jul 29, 2022
In state recruiting has been brutal for us basically forever with these top rated guys. Best of luck to him other than when we play them I suppose.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Paris gonna have
Oh well. He at least got GG last year, so it's a good start. Hopefully he can start getting in on this in state talent earlier now that he's into his 2nd year.

I know there was a lot of talk that he fell into GG b/c UNC didn't have a room for him. But that's technically not true. UNC would have taken him. They couldn't have offered him a scholly, but they made sure he knew his tuition, room and board were going to be covered for the year with NIL.
i don’t think he came here to be part of a garbage team for his only year in college just bc he liked us so much. IMHO

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
FWIW, Scott said it was a game of inches between us and Texas. woohoo

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
I know Paris hasn't been around that long, but no free passes. Gotta figure out a way to keep the top in-state player home.

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
Everyone seems to be focused on one in-state recruit that won't play a minute of college ball until the 24-25 season and kind of gloss over that Paris had a sneaky, good recruiting hall for '23 especially in the Transfer Portal. Talon Cooper will get significant minutes for us. So, will Mack. Stute established himself as one of the best shooters in the SEC while at Vanderbilt. All of these guys are Grad. Transfers. So, in essence one-and-dones in reverse. However, they will really help us. Also, there is an in-state guy in Murray-Boyles that is coming back home. He went to Prep School out in Utah. However, the kid can play there have been some good reports about him in practice. Yeah, last year was a tough year. However, I kind of expected it. I felt GG was a little too young for the burden of carrying a team that didn't know each other until summer workouts last year. I am not saying we are going to be a tournament team or anything. However, I think some of you may be sleeping on what we have.

Reactions: socalcock

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
Everyone seems to be focused on one in-state recruit that won't play a minute of college ball until the 24-25 season and kind of gloss over that Paris had a sneaky, good recruiting hall for '23 especially in the Transfer Portal. Talon Cooper will get significant minutes for us. So, will Mack. Stute established himself as one of the best shooters in the SEC while at Vanderbilt. All of these guys are Grad. Transfers. So, in essence one-and-dones in reverse. However, they will really help us. Also, there is an in-state guy in Murray-Boyles that is coming back home. He went to Prep School out in Utah. However, the kid can play there have been some good reports about him in practice. Yeah, last year was a tough year. However, I kind of expected it. I felt GG was a little too young for the burden of carrying a team that didn't know each other until summer workouts last year. I am not saying we are going to be a tournament team or anything. However, I think some of you may be sleeping on what we have.
Agree 100%. Really excited about MB and Mack. As bad as last year was, there were a handful of games in the 2nd half of the year against the upper half of the league that very easily could have been wins. They played much better as the year went on, and that’s usually indicative of a good coach.