Can we please

Felonious Junk

All-Conference
Oct 23, 2008
1,885
1,254
113
Be a functional fanbase and participate in the stripeout noted on our tickets this weekend instead of the dumbasss attitude of “don’t tell me what to wear!!” For some reason other school’s fan bases are willing participants in making their school look good but we actively like to undermine our own university’s efforts.
 

jethreauxdawg

Heisman
Dec 20, 2010
11,880
17,151
113
Be a functional fanbase and participate in the stripeout noted on our tickets this weekend instead of the dumbasss attitude of “don’t tell me what to wear!!” For some reason other school’s fan bases are willing participants in making their school look good but we actively like to undermine our own university’s efforts.
Don’t tell me what to do
 

kired

All-Conference
Aug 22, 2008
7,133
2,540
113
I think stripeout will suck because so many people have second hand tickets. They don't pay attention to where they are sitting until they enter the stadium. 15 years ago I had the same people around me every game, year after year. Last 7-8 years it seems half the people are different week to week.

I just want a good crowd. No reason to not have a packed house.
 

bulldognation

All-Conference
Jan 26, 2004
3,805
1,556
113
Cowbells don’t care what color you wear.

I don’t think I’ve ever heard a gameday announcer on TV come to Davis Wade and say “just look at how well coordinated they are… I bet that really intimidates their opponent”

BUT, I have heard them say “the opposition is going to have a tough time dealing with the cowbells”
 
  • Like
Reactions: Dawgzilla2

Dawgzilla2

All-Conference
Oct 9, 2022
2,714
3,077
113
I am not a fan of the forced clothing, but I'll admit that Tennessee's stripeout looked pretty good on TV. Or maybe it was supposed to be a checkerboard kind of thing. However, it did not affect my opinion of the school or its fans.

I'm gonna wear a navy blazer and tie just like we did when I was in school.**
 

Maroon Eagle

All-American
May 24, 2006
18,584
8,562
102
Fanbases are like cats.

If you want fans to do something, you keep it as simple as possible and you ask them to do something they would likely do anyway.

This might be a big ask for our fanbase.

The organizers should have gotten free t-shirts of the appropriate colors to give to the fans…

Stripes are all that matter. **
 
  • Like
Reactions: Dawgzilla2

The Peeper

Heisman
Feb 26, 2008
16,705
12,439
113
“Why is there a tree in the stands?”

Because the nuts don't fall far from the trees

shark tank drums GIF by Shark Tank, Network Ten


Go ahead, I deserve the list for that one.............
 
  • Haha
Reactions: DesotoCountyDawg

Dawgzilla2

All-Conference
Oct 9, 2022
2,714
3,077
113
Fanbases are like cats.

If you want fans to do something, you keep it as simple as possible and you ask them to do something they would likely do anyway.

This might be a big ask for our fanbase.

The organizers should have gotten free t-shirts of the appropriate colors to give to the fans…

Stripes are all that matter. **
Cheap T-shirts draped over every seat is the solution. Then nobody has to worry about it, they can just slip the shirt on over what they wanted to wear. And, if there are any empty seats, the T-shirts will still maintain the color pattern.
 

Crazy Cotton

All-Conference
Aug 26, 2012
3,953
1,774
113
I find it stupid to chase a trend that is already stale and doesn't belong to our fanbase - it feels like some generic lazy idea from our promotions crew.

Why don't we have everybody do a flashmob at halftime? Maybe have a planking competition?

We are the only fanbase in the country that has the right to bring cowbells to our stadium and clang them at the opposing team. That's our thing, we don't need to do anything else. Although a "camouflage out" would be pretty unique and would fit.
 

SoJxnVol

Junior
Nov 30, 2025
307
224
43
I’m becoming anti pre game antics. The light shows, fireworks, ******** music, the damn dj; all of it. Here’s why. The schools do all of this pregame “look at me” & guess what? The home team gets their *** beat. Just stop.
 

The Peeper

Heisman
Feb 26, 2008
16,705
12,439
113
And people wonder why there’s an overall negative view of MSU.

I'm devastated that someone I don't even know MAY have a negative view of me for not wearing the color shirt they wanted me to. And I was serious earlier, I do not buy white shirts, black shirts, or camo shirts, I own none, and not going to run out and grab one because some 2nd year marketing intern saw it Penn St do it years ago (how original of us) and thought it would look "super neat" on tv here.
 

jxndawg

Sophomore
Dec 26, 2009
276
132
43
I think the coordinated color deals are kinda silly, but I've worn maroon or white as directed by our athletic department overlords - mainly because I already have maroon and white shirts. And yes, I've even entered my section number, which reeked of effort, to find out that I'm supposed to wear maroon this weekend, which I'll do.

Now the blackout game for later in the season ... they're prob going to get the closest thing I have in my closet that fits the bill. I'm not going to drop $$ on a black &tate shirt to wear one time so I can watch it dry rot in my closet.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Unpacking Mississippi State's offensive unraveling against Alabama
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football "Learning Moments": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on rough outing for QB Kamario Taylor
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "We let ourselves down": Isaac Smith and Anthony Evans III speak on Mississippi State's defeat to Alabama
  4. 04 Maroon and White Rapid Recap: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Live Updates: Mississippi State vs. Alabama