Captain Munnerlyn in some hot water

The Reel Ess

Joined Feb 3, 2005
Jan 31, 2022
The secret to doing that for me was to do it quick rather then slow. Ah, the days of stencils and eraser shields and drafting dots. But that was in school. My first real job was on CAD.
My first one was too. But after two years I got downsized. I got a job at a place where some people were still drawing manually. The department manager gave me somebody else's marked up drawing for me to erase and correct. I drew the entire thing in CAD with the corrections. He never gave me a manual drawing again. I now work for a company whose main vendor gave them a drawing software to use. It's called Configura, but it's specific for their products. I still have AutoCAD, but my skills are badly eroded.

Reactions: Gamecock Jaques

Gamecock Jacque

Joined Dec 20, 2020
Jan 30, 2022
My first one was too. But after two years I got downsized. I got a job at a place where some people were still drawing manually. The department manager gave me somebody else's marked up drawing for me to erase and correct. I drew the entire thing in CAD with the corrections. He never gave me a manual drawing again. I now work for a company whose main vendor gave them a drawing software to use. It's called Configura, but it's specific for their products. I still have AutoCAD, but my skills are badly eroded.
I used to fly with AutoCAD because you could use hot keys. Plus you could just type in the commands and I had them memorized, at least the one's I used often. The first AutoCAD I used was R6 and I thought it sucked. I thought AutoCAD sucked until R10. Then we started doing 3D solid modeling which was icon based. I've used Solidworks and like it but Autodesk Inventor is my baby.

Reactions: The Reel Ess

Pluffmud Cock

Joined Feb 22, 2007 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 20, 2022
Many people who skip church don't feel a need to contribute a tithe for that week. So I'd say that's exactly right. I also get the pastor's point. If there's no action to giving, does it feel like giving? IDK. I'm on our church financial committee and we're about to go to an app that you can give electronically through.
I serve on my church finance committee also. We now ask who prefers to get weekly envelopes and no longer give them to everyone. We began accepting electronic tithes a few years ago. Those have steadily increased. It has been particularly useful since the pandemic began. Fortunately our in person attendance is slowly gaining momentum again. Not what it was prepandemic though.

Jan 18, 2022
I used to fly with AutoCAD because you could use hot keys. Plus you could just type in the commands and I had them memorized, at least the one's I used often. The first AutoCAD I used was R6 and I thought it sucked. I thought AutoCAD sucked until R10. Then we started doing 3D solid modeling which was icon based. I've used Solidworks and like it but Autodesk Inventor is my baby.
R3 here

Reactions: The Reel Ess

The Reel Ess

Joined Feb 3, 2005
Jan 31, 2022
You guys are dinosaurs. LOL. Well, we didn't know what AutoCAD was in high school drafting class(about '86-87. I floundered a few years before going back to school. R10 for DOS was my first release. I sat down at a computer for the first time on my 2nd drafting job and they had R13 for Windows. I didn't know how to open the program. Had to ask someone.

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
Interesting. Covid brought about live streaming at our church and has continued even after we opened back up. The bad news is that live attendance is down. The good news is that giving has stayed strong. I hope we'll see attendance "normalize" in the months ahead. Christian people need the interpersonal contact that church affords.

Yes! Matthew 18:20.
I would suggest that interpersonal contact is helpful regardless of one's faith community.

Sargemh

Garnet Trust Supporter
Feb 3, 2022
Everyone always tells me I write like a woman. Hopefully that’s the only thing they say I do like a woman lol!

King Ward

Jan 20, 2022
I would suggest that interpersonal contact is helpful regardless of one's faith community.
Probably so. I don't presume to speak for other than the one to which I belong. I'm a Heb. 10:25 kind of guy. not abandoning our own meeting together, as is the habit of some people, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near.

Last edited:

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
Probably so. I don't presume to speak for other than the one to which I belong. I'm a Heb. 10:25 kind of guy. not abandoning our own meeting together, as is the habit of some people, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near.
All I can tell you is that safe public worship (distancing, outdoors masking, vaccination etc.) in my community has helped me immensely during the pandemic.

Reactions: King Ward

Latest posts