Carson Beck named Dawgs starting QB

athenscock3

Feb 7, 2022
Never doubted Beck would be the starter. The only question is will he hold onto the job for the season.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
It would be impressive if the Dawgs can hold onto Vandagriff, Stockton AND Raiola. It all hinges on whether Beck holds onto the starter job.

IF Beck doesn't get drafted next year and returns for his senior season (most likely), I don't see Vandagriff sitting a fourth year to wait for his shot.

If Vandagriff overtakes Beck for the starting job this year, does Stockton wait 2 more years for his shot unless Vandagriff blows up this year and gets drafted?

I guess the dream scenario for UGA is that Beck would start the year, Vandagriff would take over, blow up, get drafted, then Stockton is QB1 for 2024, he blows up and gets drafted and then Raiola takes QB1.

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
Saw Vandagriff projected transfer destinations as
So Cal
Michigan
ND

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
It would be impressive if the Dawgs can hold onto Vandagriff, Stockton AND Raiola. It all hinges on whether Beck holds onto the starter job.

IF Beck doesn't get drafted next year and returns for his senior season (most likely), I don't see Vandagriff sitting a fourth year to wait for his shot.

If Vandagriff overtakes Beck for the starting job this year, does Stockton wait 2 more years for his shot unless Vandagriff blows up this year and gets drafted?

I guess the dream scenario for UGA is that Beck would start the year, Vandagriff would take over, blow up, get drafted, then Stockton is QB1 for 2024, he blows up and gets drafted and then Raiola takes QB1.

I think the worst-case scenario for UGA is that Vandagriff transfers, Raiola beats out Stockton and Stockton transfers. If you can call a battle of 5* QBs a worst-case scenario.

Big JC

May 12, 2023
I think the worst-case scenario for UGA is that Vandagriff transfers, Raiola beats out Stockton and Stockton transfers. If you can call a battle of 5* QBs a worst-case scenario.
A few years ago the pundits were lamenting how Kirby couldn't manage his qb roster when Fields left. Now, he has 3 5*qbs on roster and a 4th on the way next year. No matter who stays or goes Georgia is going to be OK at qb for the foreseeable future. Say what you like about Kirby but he learns from his mistakes. He will never be in the position he was in 2020 with qbs again.

Vandagriff may leave after this season, he is a sophomore and he has to see that Stockton is a better dual threat qb and Raiola is going to push him. Stockton is only a RS freshman and he has been called a bigger Stetson Bennett. Unless Beck falls apart this season, I could see next year being Beck, Stockton and Raiola as 1-3 at qb at Georgia.