Chickens Game 2 Thread

patdog

Heisman
May 28, 2007
60,392
31,575
113
Who would've thought this guy would be one of our biggest "promoters" after TA crushed his soul in Omaha?
I really felt bad for him. It was obvious his arm was shot. O’Connor is a great coach. But he shouldn’t have had him in the game in that situation.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Msuirondawgs
Nov 12, 2007
26,003
10,155
113
It was the first time in a long time I had watched us play on TV. I didn't watch the entire game. I joined in about the fifth inning. I thought we looked pretty good as a team. Of course, this is only April; you really can't get a feel for the team until the end of May.
 
  • Like
Reactions: patdog

CochiseCowbell

Heisman
Oct 29, 2012
15,626
14,409
113
I really felt bad for him. It was obvious his arm was shot. O’Connor is a great coach. But he shouldn’t have had him in the game in that situation.

My memory has him dominating & then getting into a little trouble, with runners on, but still cruising in that inning.

I guess I need to rewatch that one.
 
  • Like
Reactions: BulldogBlitz

patdog

Heisman
May 28, 2007
60,392
31,575
113
My memory has him dominating & then getting into a little trouble, with runners on, but still cruising in that inning.

I guess I need to rewatch that one.
I may be thinking of a different UVA pitcher. My memory is pretty fuzzy too.
 

She Mate Me

Heisman
Dec 7, 2008
15,228
14,739
113
The VA starter had been cruising and when we got to him, they brought in Schoch who hadn't pitched because of arm soreness. It was obvious he didn't have it when he came in.

Yeah, that's the game where we were no hit by the VA starter (Griff something I think) into I think the 7th or 8th inning. Finally got to him and Oak went to Schoch, who was a big change of pace from the hard throwing starter. Obviously that didn't work on TA.

I too have been impressed by how magnanimous he's been towards us. Seems like a good dude. I guess he is building a career following college baseball so it wouldn't make much sense to pick fights with one of the most rabid fan bases in the game.
 

patdog

Heisman
May 28, 2007
60,392
31,575
113
Yeah, that's the game where we were no hit by the VA starter (Griff something I think) into I think the 7th or 8th inning. Finally got to him and Oak went to Schoch, who was a big change of pace from the hard throwing starter. Obviously that didn't work on TA.

I too have been impressed by how magnanimous he's been towards us. Seems like a good dude. I guess he is building a career following college baseball so it wouldn't make much sense to pick fights with one of the most rabid fan bases in the game.
I really appreciate that a lot of O’Connor’s former players at UVA support us.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Football Recruiting Wiltfong Whiparound: Mega prediction for Kentucky; Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State all made big recruiting moves in week four
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Sunday Notebook: No. 24 Mississippi State 31-24 No. 19 Mizzou
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State's defense bends without breaking again
  4. 04 Maroon and White Mississippi State PFF Grades from 31-24 win over Mizzou
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State's Week 5 date with No. 8 Alabama set for early window