Clemson sinks to new low

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
Man that is one of the dirtiest plays you’ll ever see. It’s 2 freaking points…with 3 minutes left in the first half. Anyone that could pull that crap has mental issues. Play hard, but that was wreckless and there is no place for something like this in sports. You never undercut a basketball player…much less undercut one running full speed. There was absolutely no effort to play the ball or even pretend to. He 100% was taking this dude out.

I’d be embarrassed if it was one of our players. He should absolutely be ejected and face suspension. He would in professional basketball.

Fowlmoodin99

Joined Oct 28, 1998
Jan 20, 2022
They have actually charged soccer players in Europe with assault for brutal attacks. This was a sort of brutal attack. Ugly.

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
I can see how the kid did that & don’t think we haven’t done same.
No. We haven’t done the same. We’ve had some cheap shots...BJ McKie’s elbow comes to mind. But this was very rare. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen such a blatant, dangerous, pointless undercut like this one. And for the record, everyone in the country is saying this…which says a lot since everyone hates Duke.

Not saying we haven’t had guys that could’ve ended careers too. But we’ve never had a player do this…and I can’t recall ever seeing this. And it blows my mind how you can see how he did it. You’re in the very small minority of people that can.

CockofEarle

Jan 31, 2022
No. We haven’t done the same. We’ve had some cheap shots...BJ McKie’s elbow comes to mind. But this was very rare. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen such a blatant, dangerous, pointless undercut like this one. And for the record, everyone in the country is saying this…which says a lot since everyone hates Duke.

Not saying we haven’t had guys that could’ve ended careers too. But we’ve never had a player do this…and I can’t recall ever seeing this. And it blows my mind how you can see how he did it. You’re in the very small minority of people that can.
Glad, u have a great memory……..don’t care what every knee jerk basketball newbie thinks or comments tonight.
And Im extremely glad we’ve never undercut a opposing player.

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
For the record: Clemson's previous low

funktavious

Joined Mar 20, 2002
Jan 31, 2022
I can understand the hard foul where you make sure there is no chance for the ball to get in the basket, and make him earn it at the line.
But this warrants a suspension. There is no place for this kind of play, and no suitable excuse can be accepted.
Despicable.
You have to make a play for the ball. He went in for a tackle. I know growing up in the 80s I saw the Pistons do a lot of underhanded dirty things. Up until this play I think the dirtiest I had seen might have been the Kevin McHale clothesline of Kurt Rambis but there were a ton of them by guys like Rick Mahorn, Dennis Rodman, and Bill Laimbeer.

Harvard Gamecock

Jan 20, 2022
You have to make a play for the ball. He went in for a tackle. I know growing up in the 80s I saw the Pistons do a lot of underhanded dirty things. Up until this play I think the dirtiest I had seen might have been the Kevin McHale clothesline of Kurt Rambis but there were a ton of them by guys like Rick Mahorn, Dennis Rodman, and Bill Laimbeer.
I'm aware.
The clothesline by McHale was pretty flagrant. After that foul, that pretty much stopped the fast break dunks the Lakers were feasting on.

Cockgun

Jan 21, 2022
I think Clemson fans think that players for their team, be it football or basketball, are just family like, choir boys. In reality, the whole sports program is scum and allowed to get away with things. For the record, I hate their teams and their sanctimonious fan base. There I said it, let the Clemson house thugs on this forum come after me.

Reactions: RAtheOLcoach

Crutcher

Feb 2, 2022
I can understand the hard foul where you make sure there is no chance for the ball to get in the basket, and make him earn it at the line.
But this warrants a suspension. There is no place for this kind of play, and no suitable excuse can be accepted.
Despicable.
I don't like Duke, but Clemson's Collins is a dirty player. I've seen him throw an elbow at a guys face and then put up his fists like he is the guy having to defend himself. He should be suspended, this could have caused a severe injury.

The Reel Ess

Joined Feb 3, 2005
Jan 31, 2022
I wouldn't include Rodman in that group. He played defense like no one else, so well that he caused good players to get out of their games. I would add the Round Mound of Rebound, Barkley, to that group.

The Reel Ess

Joined Feb 3, 2005
Jan 31, 2022
Last edited:

King Ward

Jan 20, 2022
But his entire career is not defined at playing bad defense as those others were. He could D up a center who had 50+ lb. advantage. Everybody else just hacked at them. His defense was like scoring points for his team because he was subtracting points form the other team.
Right. Laimbeer could do all the rough dirty work that needed to be done.

Reactions: The Reel Ess

Cocky99

Jan 27, 2022
That Clemson player almost shouldn’t be allowed to play after that. A liability.

Latest posts