Football Cleveland County

ShutdownD24 2.0

All-Conference
Jun 19, 2003
613
1,247
93
Dboer has did something that I thought would be totally impossible.

He’s united all 4 fan bases in Cleveland County for a short period of time.

Maybe he’s Batman.
I missed most of the fun I see. Let me get a drink and go back through this thread today and see all the wonderful enlightenment Deboer bestowed upon us Cleveland County fire breathers from his castle in Belmont-a lot..
 

Chopper747_2.0

All-Conference
Jul 22, 2025
762
1,016
93
I vividly remember watching a clip/game on YT when SP and the Golden Kitties were playing and the whole defense of the golden kitties were lined up in a really low 3 or 4 point stance specifically to play SP. It was hilarious. Like "you're not gonna chop block us today"
 

BurnsBulldog02

All-Conference
Aug 21, 2016
1,271
2,413
97
When I coached peewee I knew there were some kids we couldn't block unless we cut them. I decided we wasn't going to blow a kids knee out cause we couldn't block them. I did teach a crab block which looked retarded but did slow them down.
You cannot use that word anymore bro. I think the new politically correct term for that is Politician.


Parks And Recreation Mic Drop GIF by PeacockTV
 

SPRedRaider

Junior
Aug 9, 2025
166
319
63
If I am not mistaken, Scott Young had West Rowan line up off the ball a little more to eliminate the use of cut blocks and force it to be a chop years ago. I think SP still won a close game but may be wrong. It definitely created more penalties early in the game but with the Red Bone it is hard to give them anything extra. I liked the creativity though.
2008. SP took the opening drive 80 yards in 3-4 plays and it looked like it was going to be a blow out. Next possession they moved the DL back 2-3 yards off the ball and SP didn't know what to do. Lost the game 35-7.
 

Chopper747_2.0

All-Conference
Jul 22, 2025
762
1,016
93
2008. SP took the opening drive 80 yards in 3-4 plays and it looked like it was going to be a blow out. Next possession they moved the DL back 2-3 yards off the ball and SP didn't know what to do. Lost the game 35-7.

pretty genius, if you have the talented defense. You just watch the play unfold and you can grab who ever has the ball. Genius gamble.
 

BIGSAUSAGES

All-Conference
Jan 12, 2023
2,011
3,998
103
SP over hyped once again
Crest dominated that game especially second half
You do not want to see Crest again in November
Here , your crap hole place anywhere.
Your lucky to get to 14
Both LOS Crest dominated
 
  • Like
Reactions: crestrulz

DeBoer31

Joined Jun 19, 2015
Jun 19, 2015
1,357
1,175
113
Gonna give Gaston Co credit. Dabeor had me convinced South Point was dominating the game. Finally had time to follow and Crest was up 17-14 and driving for the clinching score.
Are you an exaggerator or liar? 24-22 sp win isn’t one side dominating. Also I stated it could easily be crest with the 24 (which they had). I do think you all have gotten better ….definitely looked it. Stilll…..there is a big dip from previous years in talent for both sides.
Hopefully in the playoffs it won’t matter.
 

DeBoer31

Joined Jun 19, 2015
Jun 19, 2015
1,357
1,175
113
If Crest didn’t turn the ball over SP finishes with 7.

Anyone says otherwise is full of 💩
Yeah yall were pretty sloppy at times. Showed a lot of weakness for playoff teams to chew on. Sp didn’t create TOs yall just handed them over.
 

BIGSAUSAGES

All-Conference
Jan 12, 2023
2,011
3,998
103
Are you an exaggerator or liar? 24-22 sp win isn’t one side dominating. Also I stated it could easily be crest with the 24 (which they had). I do think you all have gotten better ….definitely looked it. Stilll…..there is a big dip from previous years in talent for both sides.
Hopefully in the playoffs it won’t matter.
Two teams are going the opposite direction.
Crest getting better each week
SP has went backwards , KM will curb stomp you guys on a couple of weeks
Out coached , our classed last night
 
  • Like
Reactions: BurnsBulldog02
NC Preps

Latest

  1. 01 NC Preps Top Games to Watch: Week 7
  2. 02 NC Preps G7 Football Players of the Week: Week 6
  3. 03 High School Football 2028 3-star QB Ethan Esmailian transferring to Leesville Road (N.C.)
  4. 04 NC Preps Games to Watch in Week 6
  5. 05 NC Preps G7 Football Players of the Week: Week 5