Kings Mountains middle 32
Shelby 0
Championship next week vs a good Crest team should be a good game
Shelby 0
Championship next week vs a good Crest team should be a good game
Crest Middle gave KM Middle their closest game all year. Definitely should be another good one!Kings Mountains middle 32
Shelby 0
Championship next week vs a good Crest team should be a good game
An even mind blowing stat is all KM players and coaches while at KM have not won a ring in 101 yearsOn the RRR podcast Emery gave a stat that blew my mind. Every senior class at Shelby since 2013 has left with at least one ring. Think about that. Crazy.
Technically the 101 years is not true but it is facts that we have not won a state title in football since the state of NC started awarding UNIFIED state champions in 4 classes in 1973 I believe. NC High School sports history is colorful to say the least. Here is some history.An even mind blowing stat is all KM players and coaches while at KM have not won a ring in 101 years
That’s a banger of a stat.
This group is definitely getting better by the week. They are talented, they work hard, they genuinely like each other, and they hold each other accountable. They are intense also and it is trickling down to the kids in the jv and middle school programs.Something tells me the wait will come to an end sooner rather than later.
I’ve been paying attention to KM. Love the young QB. He’s truly special. But that team looks good as a whole.This group is definitely getting better by the week. They are talented, they work hard, they genuinely like each other, and they hold each other accountable. They are intense also and it is trickling down to the kids in the jv and middle school programs.
Win or lose the Crest middle school group got some talent and have a couple of kids that remind me of some previous Crest greats. I encourage Crest fans who have not seen them to get out and watch their future. The tall athletic skill kid that Crest Middle moves all over the field is going to be a monster at Crest in two years.
Latest news on that is the GC AD “Strongly” advised NG to finish out the year.Heard NG played their last regular season game last night. Kept it going through homecoming and shutting it down to JV the rest of the year. My info is from my wife (a NG grad) so might not be right.
I heard the same. The Big South and GC are pushing for them to complete the year.Latest news on that is the GC AD “Strongly” advised NG to finish out the year.
I’ve been watching your front seven on defense get after it all year, I thought those guys played well against Weddington. Paxton Dobbins has been a nightmare to block for everyone and Clark and Parker are playing lights out, our qb has to look out for those two on the qb pull. Shelby is an interesting case right now. They should win it this year and possibly next year but after that who knows. I figure Wilbanks will be out after this year, he doesn’t have the energy to deal with any rebuilds lol.I’ve been paying attention to KM. Love the young QB. He’s truly special. But that team looks good as a whole.
Personally speaking. Once KM finally gets the monkey off its back. That’s when I think it'll truly take off over that way. KM has everything it needs to be a powerhouse.
Gonna be some good battles the next few years my friend. Looks like Shelby’s in the toilet. But you can never really flush it.
The biggest difference to me is experience. A lot of KM kids came in 6 years playing experience less than our other Cleveland County school teams players. KM Elite deserves credit for being the first program to be in an open weight league. Coach Scott at KMO tried for years to get them to join the big south league for more kids could play but the change was never made. With Elite, now more, especially bigger kids, get to play starting at 5 years old, instead of their first time being on a football field at age 13 in 7th grade.Technically the 101 years is not true but it is facts that we have not won a state title in football since the state of NC started awarding UNIFIED state champions in 4 classes in 1973 I believe. NC High School sports history is colorful to say the least. Here is some history.
Kings Mountain actually has an undefeated season to its credit in 1956. The farthest that KM could advance was the Western North Carolina High School Athletic Association Championship game which it won against Lenoir High School. Kings Mountain was classified as a bi-champion with Lexington but the two schools never played.
NC High School football was very fragmented until 1972. You had a Western High Athletic Conference Athletic Association, the NCHSAC where the segregated black schools competed, and the NCHSAA. The eastern part of the state had their own regional and conference alliances and west and east rarely if at all played each other. The last of the western conference teams did not join the NCHSAA until 1977. There were no true unified state champions until many of the schools outside of the NCHSAA like Kings Mountain started merging into the NCHSAA. 1967 is also when integration BEGIN in many NC high schools and some districts in NC didn’t integrate fully until the 70’s. In my opinion I believe if you are talking true state champions where all schools had a shot then you have to begin in 1977 which is only 49 years lol
Its Rulz fault...you're lucky Crest is ranked lol...but yeah Happy Halloweeeenie for sure...
There’s only 1 way KM doesn’t win in the future and that’s if someone runs the talent off…Something tells me the wait will come to an end sooner rather than later.
Paxton is a fire breathing dragon man. If KJ keeps maintaining I can see Barnes turning things up a notch. I know he’s had some issues and all of that. He wears it on his sleeve for sure.I’ve been watching your front seven on defense get after it all year, I thought those guys played well against Weddington. Paxton Dobbins has been a nightmare to block for everyone and Clark and Parker are playing lights out, our qb has to look out for those two on the qb pull. Shelby is an interesting case right now. They should win it this year and possibly next year but after that who knows. I figure Wilbanks will be out after this year, he doesn’t have the energy to deal with any rebuilds lol.
I talk trash about Ashbrook as they deserve it but the Brook does have some really good young players. The Big South will have some battles the next couple of years also.
KJ throws a beautiful ball. The td passes to Melton against South Point was a thing of beauty. The td pass against Shelby in OT showed his competitiveness in a stressful situation. KJ has improved from the first game and your O-line has greatly improved. I see Crest and Robinson on a collision course in the western 5A finals so Crest will definitely need to open it up more for that game. I am sure Barnes is working towards that.Paxton is a fire breathing dragon man. If KJ keeps maintaining I can see Barnes turning things up a notch. I know he’s had some issues and all of that. He wears it on his sleeve for sure.
If he can keep his head on straight he’s got a lively arm too. He makes some incredible throws sometimes. But keeping the lid screwed on straight will be the key on how far Crest goes IMO
can’t look past anyone. That’s crazy. But that last game should be a doozy.
Ashbrook. They’re definitely trying. I’ll say that.
He has a fantastic arm. Big time arm….Paxton is a fire breathing dragon man. If KJ keeps maintaining I can see Barnes turning things up a notch. I know he’s had some issues and all of that. He wears it on his sleeve for sure.
If he can keep his head on straight he’s got a lively arm too. He makes some incredible throws sometimes. But keeping the lid screwed on straight will be the key on how far Crest goes IMO
can’t look past anyone. That’s crazy. But that last game should be a doozy.
Ashbrook. They’re definitely trying. I’ll say that.
View attachment 1475130
JV Dogs win 22-6
Instead of taking multiple bye weeks due to some in this conference not having JV teams, Devine scheduled them against Byrnes and Gaffney.
KM 35KM 35
Ashbrook 0
4:30 3rd
FinalKM 35
Ashbrook 8
5:00 4th
KM long pass and then fumbles inside 5, next play Ashbrook with a long td run
Well this aged well..No sir…you were just laying the groundwork for the ground and air work that is going to be done to Shelby this Friday by lincolnton. I think Shelby will score some….but I believe my prediction will be true:
Lincolnton 44
Shelby 21
I should put a caveat that if somehow Lincolnton gets missing through any means their best player or two and/or has 13 plus penalties my score and W/L prediction could change. It seems the last 2 years Linc. Only gets beaten when these things mentioned above happen.
Y’all got anymore Lincolnton TDs to take off the board with a flag this fine Saturday? I wasn’t surprised to hear about the called back TD in first half. And what were the flag count/differential?Well this aged well..
Good WIN for the [MORE MATURE MOUNTIES]
Final
The get our lick back tour continues. South Point on deck. Another GDTBAM.
Y’all got anymore Lincolnton TDs to take off the board with a flag this fine Saturday? I wasn’t surprised to hear about the called back TD in first half. And what were the flag count/differential?
Hes just trying to make himself feel better that there aint a Gaston County team that has or can beat a DOWN *as he says* CC teamYeah well if y want to use that how bout the backward pass Lincolton Qb threw and Shelby player picked up that would been a td by Shelby, refs called it grounding...or the holding all night no call....shut up and dont take things from a great played game by both...