Football Cleveland County

ShutdownD24 2.0

All-Conference
Jun 19, 2003
631
1,285
93
An even mind blowing stat is all KM players and coaches while at KM have not won a ring in 101 years
That’s a banger of a stat.
Technically the 101 years is not true but it is facts that we have not won a state title in football since the state of NC started awarding UNIFIED state champions in 4 classes in 1973 I believe. NC High School sports history is colorful to say the least. Here is some history.
Kings Mountain actually has an undefeated season to its credit in 1956. The farthest that KM could advance was the Western North Carolina High School Athletic Association Championship game which it won against Lenoir High School. Kings Mountain was classified as a bi-champion with Lexington but the two schools never played.
NC High School football was very fragmented until 1972. You had a Western High Athletic Conference Athletic Association, the NCHSAC where the segregated black schools competed, and the NCHSAA. The eastern part of the state had their own regional and conference alliances and west and east rarely if at all played each other. The last of the western conference teams did not join the NCHSAA until 1977. There were no true unified state champions until many of the schools outside of the NCHSAA like Kings Mountain started merging into the NCHSAA. 1967 is also when integration BEGIN in many NC high schools and some districts in NC didn’t integrate fully until the 70’s. In my opinion I believe if you are talking true state champions where all schools had a shot then you have to begin in 1977 which is only 49 years lol
 

ShutdownD24 2.0

All-Conference
Jun 19, 2003
631
1,285
93
Something tells me the wait will come to an end sooner rather than later.
This group is definitely getting better by the week. They are talented, they work hard, they genuinely like each other, and they hold each other accountable. They are intense also and it is trickling down to the kids in the jv and middle school programs.

Win or lose the Crest middle school group got some talent and have a couple of kids that remind me of some previous Crest greats. I encourage Crest fans who have not seen them to get out and watch their future. The tall athletic skill kid that Crest Middle moves all over the field is going to be a monster at Crest in two years.
 

crestrulz

Heisman
Oct 18, 2003
33,167
10,728
101
This group is definitely getting better by the week. They are talented, they work hard, they genuinely like each other, and they hold each other accountable. They are intense also and it is trickling down to the kids in the jv and middle school programs.

Win or lose the Crest middle school group got some talent and have a couple of kids that remind me of some previous Crest greats. I encourage Crest fans who have not seen them to get out and watch their future. The tall athletic skill kid that Crest Middle moves all over the field is going to be a monster at Crest in two years.
I’ve been paying attention to KM. Love the young QB. He’s truly special. But that team looks good as a whole.

Personally speaking. Once KM finally gets the monkey off its back. That’s when I think it'll truly take off over that way. KM has everything it needs to be a powerhouse.

Gonna be some good battles the next few years my friend. Looks like Shelby’s in the toilet. But you can never really flush it.
 

ShutdownD24 2.0

All-Conference
Jun 19, 2003
631
1,285
93
I’ve been paying attention to KM. Love the young QB. He’s truly special. But that team looks good as a whole.

Personally speaking. Once KM finally gets the monkey off its back. That’s when I think it'll truly take off over that way. KM has everything it needs to be a powerhouse.

Gonna be some good battles the next few years my friend. Looks like Shelby’s in the toilet. But you can never really flush it.
I’ve been watching your front seven on defense get after it all year, I thought those guys played well against Weddington. Paxton Dobbins has been a nightmare to block for everyone and Clark and Parker are playing lights out, our qb has to look out for those two on the qb pull. Shelby is an interesting case right now. They should win it this year and possibly next year but after that who knows. I figure Wilbanks will be out after this year, he doesn’t have the energy to deal with any rebuilds lol.

I talk trash about Ashbrook as they deserve it but the Brook does have some really good young players. The Big South will have some battles the next couple of years also.
 
  • Like
Reactions: crestrulz
Oct 10, 2018
726
726
72
Technically the 101 years is not true but it is facts that we have not won a state title in football since the state of NC started awarding UNIFIED state champions in 4 classes in 1973 I believe. NC High School sports history is colorful to say the least. Here is some history.
Kings Mountain actually has an undefeated season to its credit in 1956. The farthest that KM could advance was the Western North Carolina High School Athletic Association Championship game which it won against Lenoir High School. Kings Mountain was classified as a bi-champion with Lexington but the two schools never played.
NC High School football was very fragmented until 1972. You had a Western High Athletic Conference Athletic Association, the NCHSAC where the segregated black schools competed, and the NCHSAA. The eastern part of the state had their own regional and conference alliances and west and east rarely if at all played each other. The last of the western conference teams did not join the NCHSAA until 1977. There were no true unified state champions until many of the schools outside of the NCHSAA like Kings Mountain started merging into the NCHSAA. 1967 is also when integration BEGIN in many NC high schools and some districts in NC didn’t integrate fully until the 70’s. In my opinion I believe if you are talking true state champions where all schools had a shot then you have to begin in 1977 which is only 49 years lol
The biggest difference to me is experience. A lot of KM kids came in 6 years playing experience less than our other Cleveland County school teams players. KM Elite deserves credit for being the first program to be in an open weight league. Coach Scott at KMO tried for years to get them to join the big south league for more kids could play but the change was never made. With Elite, now more, especially bigger kids, get to play starting at 5 years old, instead of their first time being on a football field at age 13 in 7th grade.
 

crestrulz

Heisman
Oct 18, 2003
33,167
10,728
101
I’ve been watching your front seven on defense get after it all year, I thought those guys played well against Weddington. Paxton Dobbins has been a nightmare to block for everyone and Clark and Parker are playing lights out, our qb has to look out for those two on the qb pull. Shelby is an interesting case right now. They should win it this year and possibly next year but after that who knows. I figure Wilbanks will be out after this year, he doesn’t have the energy to deal with any rebuilds lol.

I talk trash about Ashbrook as they deserve it but the Brook does have some really good young players. The Big South will have some battles the next couple of years also.
Paxton is a fire breathing dragon man. If KJ keeps maintaining I can see Barnes turning things up a notch. I know he’s had some issues and all of that. He wears it on his sleeve for sure.

If he can keep his head on straight he’s got a lively arm too. He makes some incredible throws sometimes. But keeping the lid screwed on straight will be the key on how far Crest goes IMO

can’t look past anyone. That’s crazy. But that last game should be a doozy.

Ashbrook. They’re definitely trying. I’ll say that.
 

ShutdownD24 2.0

All-Conference
Jun 19, 2003
631
1,285
93
Paxton is a fire breathing dragon man. If KJ keeps maintaining I can see Barnes turning things up a notch. I know he’s had some issues and all of that. He wears it on his sleeve for sure.

If he can keep his head on straight he’s got a lively arm too. He makes some incredible throws sometimes. But keeping the lid screwed on straight will be the key on how far Crest goes IMO

can’t look past anyone. That’s crazy. But that last game should be a doozy.

Ashbrook. They’re definitely trying. I’ll say that.
KJ throws a beautiful ball. The td passes to Melton against South Point was a thing of beauty. The td pass against Shelby in OT showed his competitiveness in a stressful situation. KJ has improved from the first game and your O-line has greatly improved. I see Crest and Robinson on a collision course in the western 5A finals so Crest will definitely need to open it up more for that game. I am sure Barnes is working towards that.
 

DeBoer31

Joined Jun 19, 2015
Jun 19, 2015
1,413
1,199
113
Paxton is a fire breathing dragon man. If KJ keeps maintaining I can see Barnes turning things up a notch. I know he’s had some issues and all of that. He wears it on his sleeve for sure.

If he can keep his head on straight he’s got a lively arm too. He makes some incredible throws sometimes. But keeping the lid screwed on straight will be the key on how far Crest goes IMO

can’t look past anyone. That’s crazy. But that last game should be a doozy.

Ashbrook. They’re definitely trying. I’ll say that.
He has a fantastic arm. Big time arm….
 

Shelby Lion

Heisman
Oct 3, 2002
14,485
12,593
113
No sir…you were just laying the groundwork for the ground and air work that is going to be done to Shelby this Friday by lincolnton. I think Shelby will score some….but I believe my prediction will be true:
Lincolnton 44
Shelby 21

I should put a caveat that if somehow Lincolnton gets missing through any means their best player or two and/or has 13 plus penalties my score and W/L prediction could change. It seems the last 2 years Linc. Only gets beaten when these things mentioned above happen.
Well this aged well..
 

Shelbyfan1

Junior
Jul 30, 2025
296
378
63
Y’all got anymore Lincolnton TDs to take off the board with a flag this fine Saturday? I wasn’t surprised to hear about the called back TD in first half. And what were the flag count/differential?

Yeah well if y want to use that how bout the backward pass Lincolton Qb threw and Shelby player picked up that would been a td by Shelby, refs called it grounding...or the holding all night no call....shut up and dont take things from a great played game by both...
 

Shelbyfan1

Junior
Jul 30, 2025
296
378
63

Shelby Lion

Heisman
Oct 3, 2002
14,485
12,593
113
Yeah well if y want to use that how bout the backward pass Lincolton Qb threw and Shelby player picked up that would been a td by Shelby, refs called it grounding...or the holding all night no call....shut up and dont take things from a great played game by both...
Hes just trying to make himself feel better that there aint a Gaston County team that has or can beat a DOWN *as he says* CC team
and no they arent beating KM with that atrocious pass defense.....

Just think after next week South Point will have the same record as Cherryville... how is that for SUCK
 

ShutdownD24 2.0

All-Conference
Jun 19, 2003
631
1,285
93
Jordan Jenkins stats vs Ashbrook

10-15 passing 362yds 4td passes
5 rushes 22yds and 1td

You gonna give us the run or the pass but you can’t take away both.
 

Moparforever

All-Conference
Aug 10, 2017
2,074
2,896
62
I was watching the broadcast of the KM game and the announcer made the comment about people sending in NIL money to keep Jordan at KM .. while I’m sure he was joking … hes actually not because the kid is going to have some big Charlotte schools wanting to throw a bag at him in the next few years .. whats the chances that y’all can keep him at KM ? He’s going to be a really special player not saying he’s not already
 

ShutdownD24 2.0

All-Conference
Jun 19, 2003
631
1,285
93
I was watching the broadcast of the KM game and the announcer made the comment about people sending in NIL money to keep Jordan at KM .. while I’m sure he was joking … hes actually not because the kid is going to have some big Charlotte schools wanting to throw a bag at him in the next few years .. whats the chances that y’all can keep him at KM ? He’s going to be a really special player not saying he’s not already

99.9%. This kid comes from a very solid family who see the big picture. For the record Charlotte schools been recruiting KM players at least the last three years so that’s nothing new.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Crestufff
NC Preps

Latest

  1. 01 NC Preps Solomon Award Watch
  2. 02 NC Preps Kings Mountain’s Jordan Jenkins Having Impressive Freshman Season
  3. 03 NC Preps Games to Watch: Week 8
  4. 04 NC Preps G7 Football Player of the Week: Week 7
  5. 05 NC Preps Top Games to Watch: Week 7