Cluck Femson Game Thread

The Reel Ess

Joined Feb 3, 2005
Jan 31, 2022
Their loudest complaint will be keeping their starting QB in the game. They wanted Klubnick before the game.
the kid who came in against Notre Dame and immediately threw an INT? LOL. Play him. DJU got scared to throw in the 2nd half.

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
Hater. No viable running back. Best receiver hurt.

Scored 31 anyway. Suck it up,, hater.
What part of " coming into the season" did you not understand? You truly are an imbecile. You have already shown you don't understand numbers on one's historical performance. I hope you are not a graduate of USC. How embarrassing that would be!!!!

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
What part of " coming into the season" did you not understand? You truly are an imbecile. You have already shown you don't understand numbers on one's historical performance. I hope you are not a graduate of USC. How embarrassing that would be!!!!

I did. TWICE.

And just stfu tater. No real Gamecock is crying about any of that **** today.

1vagamecock

Jan 19, 2022
Don't argue with him ignore him. He would rather argue then enjoy a win.

Reactions: gamecock stock

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
Don't argue with him ignore him. He would rather argue then enjoy a win.

No, these jackholes won't let people enjoy a win. Still **** talking a coach that just helped deliver 2 of the best wins in school history.

Not having it. Enough crap around our program for years to have to deal with that stupidity.

WingchunCock

Joined Dec 27, 2020
Jan 22, 2022
Not a word about Beamer either way that I've seen. A number of calls for a new OC, and lots of criticism of Dabo's loyalty to the QB, with one person referring to him as "DJ Swinney," lol.
They were self destructing on the sidelines. 🤣🤣🤣

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
After what Dabo did in pulling Kelly Bryant (that's right, isn't it?) mid-season in favor for Trevor Lawrence, the way he handled the QB position this year in the face of obvious dysfunction is one of the greatest coaching head-scratchers of all time.

Reactions: 1vagamecock

Viennacock

Jan 21, 2022
No, these jackholes won't let people enjoy a win. Still **** talking a coach that just helped deliver 2 of the best wins in school history.

Not having it. Enough crap around our program for years to have to deal with that stupidity.
Message board comments are keeping you from enjoying a win over Clemson? Every poster on this board can call me an A-hole but I will still enjoy this one. Find some joy.

BetaLiberalCock1

Oct 22, 2022
Cry in out, Dorothy.

THIS is why you give coaches a chance instead of being an emotional ***** trying to fire people as the first sign of adversity.
Listen dude, I don't know what your problem is but you clearly have some testiculage area on your chin......and it needs to stop.

At least twice today we were inside the 5 yard line (1 Rattled threw a pick) and another, I forget....)

Lloyd was playing correct?? Yes. Yes he was. It's essentially 1st and 5. *HOW HARD IS IT* to hand the ball off to Lloyd straight ahead????

How hard is that??????????? Did we ever do it? Even a single time???? > No. *BEYOND BONEHEADED* / Now just stop it.

BetaLiberalCock1

Oct 22, 2022
Man have I stepped on some toes, HARD. When one resorts to name-calling so repeatedly, it reveals their futility.
They guy is wrong. We need a new OC. 1st and 5 on the goal line ---- do we hand the ball to Lloyd even once? Nope. *THAT* would make entirely too much sense. Clemson with 1 TO left (meaning they just used their 2nd timeout) -- It's 3rd and 7 for us. Do we go for the win with a pass? Yes, of course. You play to win the game, *BUT*, during the 2nd TO, *WE HAVE TO GET IT THROUGH RATTLED HEAD* that if the pass is not there and he has to scramble to simply *TAKE A FRIGGIN KNEE* instead of throwing it away > thus forcing Clemson to use their 3rd and final timeout. Simple 4th grade coaching stuff here I'm talking about...... it's not hard. OC got to go. Bottom line. I'm thrilled we won but OC needs to take a hike.

Reactions: gamecock stock

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
They guy is wrong. We need a new OC. 1st and 5 on the goal line ---- do we hand the ball to Lloyd even once? Nope. *THAT* would make entirely too much sense. Clemson with 1 TO left (meaning they just used their 2nd timeout) -- It's 3rd and 7 for us. Do we go for the win with a pass? Yes, of course. You play to win the game, *BUT*, during the 2nd TO, *WE HAVE TO GET IT THROUGH RATTLED HEAD* that if the pass is not there and he has to scramble to simply *TAKE A FRIGGIN KNEE* instead of throwing it away > thus forcing Clemson to use their 3rd and final timeout. Simple 4th grade coaching stuff here I'm talking about...... it's not hard. OC got to go. Bottom line. I'm thrilled we won but OC needs to take a hike.

No, I'm not. Who do you think we are going to be able to get instead? LOL

If a coach got fired for every mistake a QB made, there would be no coaches. Firing Satt would make us the laughing stock of college football, especially when we realize the best we could do to replace him is some tired retread or a complete unknown.

Guy in the Back

Jan 22, 2022
I’m not sure why we don’t use a set of Lloyd, Tonka, and Bell when the opposition knows we are going to try shove it down their throat for 2-3 yards.

Reactions: WingchunCock

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
I’m not sure why we don’t use a set of Lloyd, Tonka, and Bell when the opposition knows we are going to try shove it down their throat for 2-3 yards.

Because 9 times out of 10, that D line was dominating our O line, especially when they knew what was coming.

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
Satt had his top 2 RBs out and lost our best receiver during the game.

And we still scored 31. Nothing short of phenomenal coaching.

Viennacock

Jan 21, 2022
Not sure if you noticed but Lloyd averaged 1.5 yards per carry today. Running up the middle at the 5 wasn't going to work with Lloyd. I thought Satt called a good game.

Reactions: WingchunCock

Guy in the Back

Jan 22, 2022
Because 9 times out of 10, that D line was dominating our O line, especially when they knew what was coming.
Disagree. Now that you can aid runners, I believe Tonka and Bell could push enough to move the pile forward.

I always try to be civil, but I don’t get the love affair with Satterfield. Tennessee was a good game all around for him. We then abandon what worked (quick routes and getting the ball in space) for a bit of today. Get back to that, and we take control of the game. I blame Rattler for the pick in the end zone, but it was piss poor play design. Slip a back out, put your TE over there…something so the LB has someone else to cover in his zone. We all know the OL struggles, but our play design does little to help.

Heck, even Beamer said he apologized to White for the offense not putting the game away. Before the Tn game, we were averaging less than 20 ppg in SEC play. With the Tn game it bumped up to 25 ppg. Not outstanding.

I was in the Satterfield corner last year. Not that I thought he was great, but a first year guy with QB issues, deserves a year 2. Respectfully, you and I will have to disagree about his worth.

What I will agree with you on is that this was one of the most complimentary games we have played in a while. D was solid, special teams was outstanding, and the O did enough.

Guy in the Back

Jan 22, 2022
Here is a what if….

1) If we don’t throw the pick 6 (31-23) and…
2) They don’t blow the backward pass dead which cost us 9 pts 7 on the scoop and score, 2 on the flipped field punt (38-21) and….
3) We don’t throw a pick in the end zone and assume a minimum of a field goal (41-21) and….
4) Make the pick 6 (48-21)

This game could have been even more fun!

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
Disagree. Now that you can aid runners, I believe Tonka and Bell could push enough to move the pile forward.

I always try to be civil, but I don’t get the love affair with Satterfield. Tennessee was a good game all around for him. We then abandon what worked (quick routes and getting the ball in space) for a bit of today. Get back to that, and we take control of the game. I blame Rattler for the pick in the end zone, but it was piss poor play design. Slip a back out, put your TE over there…something so the LB has someone else to cover in his zone. We all know the OL struggles, but our play design does little to help.

Heck, even Beamer said he apologized to White for the offense not putting the game away. Before the Tn game, we were averaging less than 20 ppg in SEC play. With the Tn game it bumped up to 25 ppg. Not outstanding.

I was in the Satterfield corner last year. Not that I thought he was great, but a first year guy with QB issues, deserves a year 2. Respectfully, you and I will have to disagree about his worth.

What I will agree with you on is that this was one of the most complimentary games we have played in a while. D was solid, special teams was outstanding, and the O did enough.

It's about treating someone fairly and giving a coach a fair shot. Spurrier took 5 years to get an even decent offense here. Not sure why people expected this dumpster fire to turn around faster, especially given the circumstances.

And again, who do you think we could get? I guarantee you it would be some average retread or a complete unknown. Top OCs have better options than us. We have seen that in coaching searches before. Our best bet is to develop an OC and support him, especially when we get 2 games like we just had.

Reactions: DrMickeySC

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Here is a what if….

1) If we don’t throw the pick 6 (31-23) and…
2) They don’t blow the backward pass dead which cost us 9 pts 7 on the scoop and score, 2 on the flipped field punt (38-21) and….
3) We don’t throw a pick in the end zone and assume a minimum of a field goal (41-21) and….
4) Make the pick 6 (48-21)

This game could have been even more fun!
Is #4 the would-be pick six on UPC's first possession?

Guy in the Back

Jan 22, 2022
It's about treating someone fairly and giving a coach a fair shot. Spurrier took 5 years to get an even decent offense here. Not sure why people expected this dumpster fire to turn around faster, especially given the circumstances.

And again, who do you think we could get? I guarantee you it would be some average retread or a complete unknown. Top OCs have better options than us. We have seen that in coaching searches before. Our best bet is to develop an OC and support him, especially when we get 2 games like we just had.
I get it. I do think we have better talent than what Spurrier had early on. I’m okay with developing an OC. My issue with Satt is that there are still things that we do that are poor fundamentally. Not from a player standpoint, but play design.

We all know the OL struggles, but until the last two games (and even today we did it for a bit) we run plays that take forever to develop with no check down. Rattler was struggling with his decision making (be it him or not having time), but we hadn’t been giving him quick reads so he can pretty much make the decision pre-snap. For much of the season, we ran few pass plays that had crossers in front and behind the LBs. We all knew that Brown, Bell, and Wells were great in space, but rarely got it to them. We we did, we’d run the same screen until it got jumped, but never ran anything complimentary off of it. We also never seem to put a receiver in a space left by a blitzer.

If you have been involved with football for a while, you know some of these things are fundamentals. Be it his rumored stubbornness, his scheme, his play calling, players not being in the right spot, or all of the above, these are some legitimate concerns.

Reactions: Prestonyte

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Well, we can see where this game is going. I gotta go wrap some Christmas presents.
Well, I never did get to go wrap this presents. I gave us another drive to show something and they did just enough to keep me on the hook. Really thought it looked like we would get boat raced early on.

Reactions: DrMickeySC

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
I get it. I do think we have better talent than what Spurrier had early on. I’m okay with developing an OC. My issue with Satt is that there are still things that we do that are poor fundamentally. Not from a player standpoint, but play design.

We all know the OL struggles, but until the last two games (and even today we did it for a bit) we run plays that take forever to develop with no check down. Rattler was struggling with his decision making (be it him or not having time), but we hadn’t been giving him quick reads so he can pretty much make the decision pre-snap. For much of the season, we ran few pass plays that had crossers in front and behind the LBs. We all knew that Brown, Bell, and Wells were great in space, but rarely got it to them. We we did, we’d run the same screen until it got jumped, but never ran anything complimentary off of it. We also never seem to put a receiver in a space left by a blitzer.

If you have been involved with football for a while, you know some of these things are fundamentals. Be it his rumored stubbornness, his scheme, his play calling, players not being in the right spot, or all of the above, these are some legitimate concerns.
Great analysis from a coaching perspective.
I think it would be wise to lock down Beamer and most of the staff (especially White and Lembo) with raises and extensions but not Satterfield. IF Beamer chooses to keep him, it should be a 1 yr deal (probationary period) with minimal buyout. Don't think anyone will be beating the door down to steal him away.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Great analysis from a coaching perspective.
I think it would be wise to lock down Beamer and most of the staff (especially White and Lembo) with raises and extensions but not Satterfield. IF Beamer chooses to keep him, it should be a 1 yr deal (probationary period) with minimal buyout. Don't think anyone will be beating the door down to steal him away.
He's got another man down there who can run the job. The problem could be keeping THAT man.