Cluck Femson Game Thread

BetaLiberalCock1

Oct 22, 2022
Not sure if you noticed but Lloyd averaged 1.5 yards per carry today. Running up the middle at the 5 wasn't going to work with Lloyd. I thought Satt called a good game.
Not to argue because I'm not arguing with you because I like you but there was a few times there in the 2nd half where "Lloyd up the middle" was called and he turned a 1/2 yard gain into a good 3-5 yard gain cause he was bulldozing over and carrying Clemson players with him. Happened at least twice. I recall it clearly. (Can't argue with the stats though)

"Wasn't going to work" (at the 5) - We don't know that. It gives me flashbacks of the Seattle Super Bowl when all they needed was 1 yard for a TD and to ice winning the super bowl *WITH MARSHAWN BEASTMODE LYNCH* as RB and Wilson throws an interception on a slant and Brady and the Patriots win Super Bowl #6 (or was it 5?) Either way <smh> Still ranks #1 worst play call in the history of play calling. Hand the ball to LYNCH, get your TD and your Super Bowl rings and call it a season. I guess we'll agree to disagree. But IMHO, you hand the ball to Lloyd 3 times and he's going to get you that TD one way or the other. Same with LYNCH and SB on the line.

With the game/rivalry on the line and we need 5 yrds for a TD, I'm giving the ball to Lloyd all 3 times. Just me. I'm betting he knows the situation and won't be denied but again, that's JMHO.

Or, switch it up > Put in Joyner a QB, give them the run look, Joyner keeps the fake handoff, takes two steps forwards - stops - and Tim Tebow's it to a wide open TE.

In the very final analysis, we won and overall I agree with your assessment of calling a "pretty good" game. I'm just splitting hairs on a particular situation. Twice. We could have and should have iced that game today and we didn't and caught a break. I'll take it but get better. Learn. (Coaching staff)

BetaLiberalCock1

Oct 22, 2022
I’m not sure why we don’t use a set of Lloyd, Tonka, and Bell when the opposition knows we are going to try shove it down their throat for 2-3 yards.
I'm not sure why every coach in America doesn't run their entire OL/DL men through the RB drills : RE the fridge William Perry. Which one of you 300+ Lb'ers can run straight ahead, not fumble, and get me 3 yards????

Let's see the D stop *THAT* > can't. / Why don't we see it? Couldn't tell ya'. Makes too much sense I reckon. (I seriously don't get it)

Reactions: TopHook

BetaLiberalCock1

Oct 22, 2022
No, I'm not. Who do you think we are going to be able to get instead? LOL

If a coach got fired for every mistake a QB made, there would be no coaches. Firing Satt would make us the laughing stock of college football, especially when we realize the best we could do to replace him is some tired retread or a complete unknown.
Yes. You are. $$$$$$ talks. "Who do you think we are going to be to get instead?" - Anyone in the country with enough $$$$$. Period.

Who would you want? That is the question. Lose the defeatist attitude, pony up the $$$ and go get whomever you want. It really is that simple.

Reactions: gamecock stock

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
They guy is wrong. We need a new OC. 1st and 5 on the goal line ---- do we hand the ball to Lloyd even once? Nope. *THAT* would make entirely too much sense. Clemson with 1 TO left (meaning they just used their 2nd timeout) -- It's 3rd and 7 for us. Do we go for the win with a pass? Yes, of course. You play to win the game, *BUT*, during the 2nd TO, *WE HAVE TO GET IT THROUGH RATTLED HEAD* that if the pass is not there and he has to scramble to simply *TAKE A FRIGGIN KNEE* instead of throwing it away > thus forcing Clemson to use their 3rd and final timeout. Simple 4th grade coaching stuff here I'm talking about...... it's not hard. OC got to go. Bottom line. I'm thrilled we won but OC needs to take a hike.
I'm sure you won't be surprised that I agree with you. I look at Satterfield's time as OC here and at Temple. His offenses ranked 76th, 120th, 96th, 110th and coming into the Clemson game, 77th. I believe we can do better. Beamer did a very good job hiring Lembo and White. Lembo came in with a reputation of being one of the very best Special Teams coaches in the nation, confirmed with him being a Broyles Award nominee this year for the top assistant coach in the nation. White was a 3-time Broyles Award nominee when hired and and was a Broyles Award nominee last season for the 4th time. If Beamer can bring in such quality Special Teams and Defensive Coordinators, I have no doubt he can bring in a quality Offensive Coordinator to replace Satterfield.

Reactions: Prestonyte

BetaLiberalCock1

Oct 22, 2022
I'm sure you won't be surprised that I agree with you. I look at Satterfield's time as OC here and at Temple. His offenses ranked 76th, 120th, 96th, 110th and coming into the Clemson game, 77th. I believe we can do better. Beamer did a very good job hiring Lembo and White. Lembo came in with a reputation of being one of the very best Special Teams coaches in the nation, confirmed with him being a Broyles Award nominee this year for the top assistant coach in the nation. White was a 3-time Broyles Award nominee when hired and and was a Broyles Award nominee last season for the 4th time. If Beamer can bring in such quality Special Teams and Defensive Coordinators, I have no doubt he can bring in a quality Offensive Coordinator to replace Satterfield.
Well now you're just spewing entirely too many facts / common sense / logic.

Hey, we won. We beat Clemron and I'm happy. I'm gonna drop this now.

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
Yes. You are. $$$$$$ talks. "Who do you think we are going to be to get instead?" - Anyone in the country with enough $$$$$. Period.

Who would you want? That is the question. Lose the defeatist attitude, pony up the $$$ and go get whomever you want. It really is that simple.

That's just absurd. You haven't been paying attention if you think we can get "anyone in the country". Past coaching searched proved that.

There ain't no amount of money we could come up with that another 15 programs couldn't outbid us. Other programs have more money, recruit better, and have more NIL money floating around to help them be successful. You think we just have unlimited funds or something? lol

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022

All that is just noise at the point. You can regurgitate it forever like you always do, but it won't change what just happened and where we and Satt are NOW. Top level OCs are a rare commodity because everyone is so offensive focused. ZERO chance to pull a top OC, and even if we did, ZERO chance they would stay here. Every team wants them as HC, and the NFL plucks out what they consider the best.

We get it. You did want him to start with, and there is literally nothing he could do now to make you happy. Get over it.

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
Yep - the Man behind the Curtain.

more like....

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
All that is just noise at the point. You can regurgitate it forever like you always do, but it won't change what just happened and where we and Satt are NOW. Top level OCs are a rare commodity because everyone is so offensive focused. ZERO chance to pull a top OC, and even if we did, ZERO chance they would stay here. Every team wants them as HC, and the NFL plucks out what they consider the best.

We get it. You did want him to start with, and there is literally nothing he could do now to make you happy. Get over it.
They are facts, which you can check out yourself through ESPN. Those facts won't change, no matter how much you wish they would. They are part of his TOTAL RECORD of performance. I don't buy your repeated statement that we can not do better than Satterfield. Somehow, Beamer brought in Broyles Award nominees for Defensive Coordinator (White) and Special Teams Coordinator (Lembo). I have liked them both, from the start. The tipping point that got Satterfield the job is that he was a groomsman in Beamer's wedding.

We get the fact that you like the guy, always have and will forever more, no matter what. But the fact is that if we are ever to compete for a playoff berth, we need an Offensive Coordinator who can provide consistency over the course of a season. You will never acknowledge that. But you know I'm right. The top contenders for a playoff berth going into yesterdays games had offenses ranked 34th (LSU), 17th (Alabama) , 2nd (Sou. Cal),11th (TCU), 23rd (Michigan), 8th (Ohio State), and 7th (Georgia). Satterfield, in his career, has never even sniffed such air of excellence needed to make the playoffs. When it's all said and done, he won't this year either. You don't agree or refuse to acknowledge what I have said. And that's OK. But such sites like this are here for people to express their opinions and, if they can, back up those opinions with documented, easily researched facts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lurker123

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
They are facts, which you can check out yourself through ESPN. Those facts won't change, no matter how much you wish they would. They are part of his TOTAL RECORD of performance. I don't buy your repeated statement that we can not do better than Satterfield. Somehow, Beamer brought in Broyles Award nominees for Defensive Coordinator (White) and Special Teams Coordinator (Lembo). I have liked them both, from the start. The tipping point that got Satterfield the job is that he was a groomsman in Beamer's wedding.

We get the fact that you like the guy, always have and will forever more, no matter what. But the fact is that if we are ever to compete for a playoff berth, we need an Offensive Coordinator who can provide consistency over the course of a season. You will never acknowledge that. But you know I'm right. The top contenders for a playoff berth going into yesterdays games had offenses ranked 34th (LSU), 17th (Alabama) , 2nd (Sou. Cal),11th (TCU), 23rd (Michigan), 8th (Ohio State), and 7th (Georgia). Satterfield, in his career, has never even sniffed such air of excellence needed to make the playoffs. When it's all said and done, he won't this year either. You don't agree or refuse to acknowledge what I have said. And that's OK. But such sites like this are here for people to express their opinions and, if they can, back up those opinions with documented, easily researched facts.

LOL.

So you actually think that Beamer said "I know I could hire a top notch proven OC, but one of my buddies from my wedding needs a job, so I will hire him instead. If know those folks at SC are starved for offense, but it's just my entire career on the line, so no big deal. It will be fine."

You really believe that is how it went? LMMFAO

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022

Well stated argument and documented with facts. 🏁

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
LOL.

So you actually think that Beamer said "I know I could hire a top notch proven OC, but one of my buddies from my wedding needs a job, so I will hire him instead. If know those folks at SC are starved for offense, but it's just my entire career on the line, so no big deal. It will be fine."

Happens all the time in coaching business - hire a friend, they don't cut it and then have a hard time firing them when needed!

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
LOL.

What stands out in your response is what you did not address: to make the playoffs in this age of offense-first college football is consistency throughout the course of a season. Now THAT is both telling and hilarious.

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022

And "never sniffed" isn't entirely true. He was very successfully as OC in FCS at UT-Chat.

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
What stands out in your response is what you did not address: to make the playoffs in this age of offense-first college football is consistency throughout the course of a season. Now THAT is both telling and hilarious.

No, THAT PROVES EXACTLY WHAT I SAID.

Look at those team. THAT is where the proven OCs go. ZERO chance we hire anybody that they want.

Or have you forgotten how our recent coaching search have gone? Lincoln Riley ring a bell?

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
No, THAT PROVES EXACTLY WHAT I SAID.

Look at those team. THAT is where the proven OCs go. ZERO chance we hire anybody that they want.

Or have you forgotten how our recent coaching search have gone? Lincoln Riley ring a bell?
So we should then just throw up our hands, accept our fate in the college football world to be mediocre and settle for that. Spurrier proved that USC can be nationally relevant in college football. We are not buying "crazy" here.

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
So we should then just throw up our hands, accept our fate in the college football world to be mediocre and settle for that. Spurrier proved that USC can be nationally relevant in college football. We are not buying "crazy" here.

No, crazy is thinking that Beamer put his entire career on the line for a groomsman when he could have had some kind of elite OC.

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022

After 12 games, we are 77th still.

And I checked, it was updated after 12 games.

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
Lembo was from Memphis and White was at Western Kentucky.

Show me your top 30 proven OCs that are currently at school at that level, waiting for us to hire them.
And Lembo and White are quality hires. Beamer can replicate that with the OC position if he so chooses. With the millions he gets paid, I'm sure he'd be willing to take the time to do a search, if he so chooses to do so.

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
And Lembo and White are quality hires. Beamer can replicate that with the OC position if he so chooses. With the millions he gets paid, I'm sure he'd be willing to take the time to do a search, if he so chooses to do so.

No no no. YOU name them. You got all the requirements and all the answers and all the random stats. Gotta have all the top 30 credentials and "sniffed" all kinds of success, otherwise we shouldn't hire them.

Name all these amazing OCs that are sitting around at schools like Western Kentucky and Memphis that have all these credentials that you claim are needed and prove Satterfield can't be successful here.

Delusional.

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
I can tell you EXACLTLY what our best option would end up being. Some retread like Roper or Bobo from a failed staff that wants another chance at OC.

Deny it all you want, but that is EXACLTY what we would get. 100%

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
No no no. YOU name them. You got all the requirements and all the answers and all the random stats. Gotta have all the top 30 credentials and "sniffed" all kinds of success, otherwise we shouldn't hire them.

Name all these amazing OCs that are sitting around at schools like Western Kentucky and Memphis that have all these credentials that you claim are needed and prove Satterfield can't be successful here.

Delusional.
Like I said yesterday, when you accuse others of something, you are actually describing yourself. Thus, YOU are the delusional one. You have proven that over and over again.

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
I can tell you EXACLTLY what our best option would end up being. Some retread like Roper or Bobo from a failed staff that wants another chance at OC.

Deny it all you want, but that is EXACLTY what we would get. 100%
I would be talking to Ruggiero if Beamer wants to make a move.

Warren Ruggiero, who has coordinated the most prolific offenses in Wake Forest history over the past five seasons and was a Broyles Award finalist in 2021, is set to enter his ninth season as Wake Forest’s offensive coordinator and quarterback coach in 2022.

Ruggiero, head coach Dave Clawson and their offensive staff have engineered an offense that has rewritten the record books at Wake Forest. The Deacons have set over 350 school records including marks for points scored, points per game, total offensive yards, first downs and passing yards over the past five seasons. Also, the Deacs are the only football program in the ACC to average at least 30 points per game each year since 2017.

Specifically in 2021, Wake Forest scored a program-best 574 points and averaged a school-record 41.0 ppg. That point total ranks 43rd in modern FBS history and the fourth-most in ACC history. Additionally, Wake Forest became just the 20th ACC team in the college football modern era (Post-WWII) to cross over the milestone of 500 points scored in a single season. Individually, the Deacons topped 35 points in a game 12 times during the 2021 campaign. In the College Football Playoff Era, Wake Forest is one of seven teams (2014 Oregon, 2018 Alabama, 2018 Oklahoma, 2019 Alabama, 2019 LSU, 2020 Alabama) to accomplish that feat.

Psycock

Joined Jan 20, 2001
Jan 29, 2022
Zero points at Willy B. last year. 31 at Cowtown this year and easily could have had more. Something went well - yes some calls could have been better but plenty worked out well. I don’t know enough about football but I trust Beamer.

Reactions: DrMickeySC

The Reel Ess

Joined Feb 3, 2005
Jan 31, 2022
A couple of people on this thread need to give it a rest. We beat the hated upstate rival for the first time in a very long time yesterday.

Reactions: DrMickeySC