Coach Prime is leaving Jackson. The straw that broke the camel's back

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
I ordered at one near closing. Paid for a tenders meal with fries. When I got up there they had a breast, a leg, one order of Mac and cheese, and no biscuits. I took what they gave me and said thank you.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
The one in Brandon gives a really good Veterans discount.
Last time I went to that one when I was visiting my parents it took me at least 40 min in the drive thru to pick up a bucket of chicken and sides to take to their house for lunch. Usually wouldn't stay in line that long but that's what everyone requested for lunch.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Tried to go to Popeyes a week ago. Ordered online and then hit the drive through only to be told they were out of chicken sandwiches and tenders...75% of my meal. How the hell you out of 3/4 of your menu?

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004
I ordered at one near closing. Paid for a tenders meal with fries. When I got up there they had a breast, a leg, one order of Mac and cheese, and no biscuits. I took what they gave me and said thank you.
You obeyed Rule #1 of Popeyes: Popeyes does not give you what you want. Popeyes gives you what you need. You did not need a tender meal with fries, you needed a breast, a leg, one order of mac & cheese, and no biscuits.

SirBarksalot

May 28, 2007
Game day in Starkville. Years ago. KFC drive through. Place a modest order for fried chicken. “We outta chicken”….

Almost as funny as the time I went through a McDonalds drive through in Southaven. Ordered a BigMac combo. “We’re out of Big Macs.”

MagnoliaHunter

Jan 23, 2007
The one in Brandon will steal your money. I went through the drive-through and tried to pay with my card, they told me it was declined, so I paid with cash. After I left I called my wife to check our account, there was plenty of money and it showed a pending charge from popeyes. I went back to the store but it was closed by that time and no one would speak to me. So I went back up the next day and the manager would not come out. The girl who was at the register that night was there and when I tried to speak to her she ran in the manager's office and they closed the door. I went back up the next day, one of the girls there called the manager and the manager told me that it had already gone through and that there was nothing that I, not her, could do about it. I went to the back and they stopped the payment.

Also a girl I know went through there and paid with her card. She didn't get it back but didn't realize it until the bank called her the next morning about a bunch of charges all around jackson that night. A girl who works at popeyes had taken it and charged over $800 all around jackson. She pressed charges and got the card charges stopped, yet that girl still works at popeyes.

These kinds of things happen often at that popeyes.

edited to add: when I posted about it in the Let's Talk Brandon Facebook page, several people posted with similar experiences.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
I've had the idea of starting a fastfood restaurant where you just order X number of meals. We serve 4 different things, they are all the same price, and we'll give you whatever we have available at time of your order. Could be all burgers, could be some chicken nuggets and chicken sandwiches. No customization. You get what you get, but you're not mad because the order's never wrong... except your diet coke is probably coke zero.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Fast is a suggestion at fast food restaurants in Mississippi. There are table serve restaurants you can get in and out of faster
And for about the same price sometimes. I remember when you could get enough food at taco bell to feed 5 people and it was around $10. Went there last week for my family of 4 and it was over $30. I'm driving back home thinking for $15 more dollars I could have gotten Oby's.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19