College Football Uniform Thread

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
Excluding us, which I don’t think we have the best, which team in each P5 conference has the best uniforms? It is tough to just choose one per conference, but below are my personal pics:

ACC - Florida State’s new uniforms are a major upgrade over what they’ve been wearing the past few years. This puts them back atop the ACC. Can’t wait to see these back on the field. They’ll look good beating Clemson too…hopefully.

Pac12 - I love Colorado’s gold, black, gold combo, but they don’t always wear it and they leave next year so I’m giving the nod to UCLA. Unique / classic colors, though I am not a fan of the gold Facemask.

Big Ten - Michigan. This is the best helmet in football. It’s so good, it beats out probably the 2nd best uniform in College Football…Ohio State. And I can’t stand the Buckeyes, but they look sharp. Still, Michigan’s helmet is just that good. They need to stick with maize pants instead of the mono blue though. So many good uniforms in the B10.

Big 12 - Kansas State. I think most would say Texas, and I get why. But I love the K-State logo and the purple & silver combo is unique.

SEC - So many good options here but Ole Miss and their powder blues are really really good. Pretty much every combo they wear looks good, even the dark blue helmet. I’m not a fan of tons of uniforms combos, but Ole Miss has a lot of good looks.

Last edited:
Reactions: will110

uscfan1981

Joined May 1, 2006
Feb 7, 2022
My0.02...

ACC: FSU

Big 10: PSU. I actually think Michigan has the ugliest uniform and helmet in college football.

SEC: Us - Garnet helmet, black jersey with Gamecocks, white pants: next Ole Miss powder blue.

Big 12: K state or OU

Pac 12: Stanford or southern cal.

will110

Joined Aug 17, 2018
Jan 20, 2022
@Fried Chicken
Man I love a good uniform conversation! As you'll notice, I like teams with lots of combinations as long as they match up with the school colors. Oregon is cool, but it can't be in the conversation for best uniforms since the colors and schemes change every week.

ACC - Pittsburgh

Pac 12 - Utah https://www.si.com/college/utah/football/ranking-the-utah-utes-2022-uniform-combos

B1G - Michigan; The classic maize and blue with the winged helmet is iconic. I really like the all blue look too. https://mvictors.com/uniform-timeline/

Big XII - Texas Tech https://news.sportslogos.net/2020/07/11/texas-tech-red-raiders-unveil-new-uniforms/college/

SEC - my unbiased opinion is South Carolina. Garnet and black is a great color combination that goes well together. But since you said other than South Carolina, I'll go with a tie between Ole Miss and LSU. Personally I like the Ole Miss navy blue helmets and jerseys more than the powder blue, but they're both great. LSU's tiger eye logo on the helmet is iconic. Georgia's uniforms are a close 3rd.

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
Good call on the Pitt uniform. It’s up at the top since they went back to the yellow and royal blue. Great look!

I also love LSU’s look, but the white at home was the difference to me. But I don’t think there is a more intimidating uniform in college football.

Sort of a sneak peak at the next uniform thread…Teams that should have great uniforms but don’t:
  • Georgia Tech
  • NC State
  • North Carolina​
  • Northwestern
  • Washington
  • Arizona State
  • Arizona
  • Virginia Tech
  • Michigan State

Last edited:

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
My0.02...

ACC: FSU

Big 10: PSU. I actually think Michigan has the ugliest uniform and helmet in college football.

SEC: Us - Garnet helmet, black jersey with Gamecocks, white pants: next Ole Miss powder blue.

Big 12: K state or OU

Pac 12: Stanford or southern cal.
The ugliest? I mean, you may not like it but there are some really bad helmets in college football these days.

BftCocks09

Joined Aug 2, 2014
Jan 24, 2022
I’ll play. But first, I need some ground rules. Are we talking about overall uniform selection or basing this off of one uniform combination the team wears fairly often?

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
I’ll play. But first, I need some ground rules. Are we talking about overall uniform selection or basing this off of one uniform combination the team wears fairly often?
Your preference. I selected Ole Miss based on powder blues, which they don’t always wear. But their traditional look is solid as well.

I tend to like one traditional look, but hard to find that anymore. I love our White, Garnet, White look and even a black jersey would look good. But the black, garnet, garnet is hideous and looks like an AAC uniform. So to me, that rules is out from best uniforms. Not to mention I said excluding us.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
The best ones are the ones that don't/haven't changed much or at all (e.g. PSU, Bama).

I can't stand weekly uniform reveals. Whoever thought "Do you know what college football needs? Weekly fashion shows!"

BftCocks09

Joined Aug 2, 2014
Jan 24, 2022
Your preference. I selected Ole Miss based on powder blues, which they don’t always wear. But their traditional look is solid as well.

I tend to like one traditional look, but hard to find that anymore. I love our White, Garnet, White look and even a black jersey would look good. But the black, garnet, garnet is hideous and looks like an AAC uniform. So to me, that rules is out from best uniforms. Not to mention I said excluding us.

Fair enough. I, like many others on here, am also drawn to the simpler and more traditional look. With that being said, based on the most traditionally worn current versions of each school’s uniforms here are my picks:

ACC: FSU (I almost went Duke here. I’m still not a huge fan of FSU, but doing this made me realize just how hideous almost all ACC uniforms are.)

Big 10: Michigan State (I am a Beaufort High graduate, so I have a soft spot for Forest Green, which is obviously not very common in college football.)

Big 12: Oklahoma (Texas was indeed a close second.)

PAC 12: Southern Cal (Something about the color combination paired with the black cleats has always looked sharp to me.)

SEC: LSU (This was harder than expected. Found out I didn’t really love any of our conference team’s uniforms.)

Latest posts