Colorado

leinbacker

Oct 13, 2021
Well said. The media, like everyone, wants easy work. This was a really easy story that was going to get a lot of attention, so it was like red meat for them. People want to paint the media as having some personal agenda, but they just really want a story that gets them clicks. As soon as we stop being interested, they move on to the next story.

they move to the next story or create the next story?

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
I know, you're one of those 'blame the media for everything' guys. Maybe a little 'everything is a conspiracy' guy too?
If you don't like a story now, you just call it fake in some circles....or it's some master conspiracy....sad and it has even dipped into the sports world a bit. You see on this site where people float made up things or opinions as absolutes....tends to be the same folks too.

Reactions: Sven56 and bbrown

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
If you don't like a story now, you just call it fake in some circles....or it's some master conspiracy....sad and it has even dipped into the sports world a bit. You see on this site where people float made up things or opinions as absolutes....tends to be the same folks too.
And what did the media make up in this story? The narrative was created when Colorado beat the 2022 CFB runner-up in Week 1. Joe Public didn't need the media to convince him (wrongfully) that Colorado was really good at that point. The game results took care of that. Then when the public saw Oregon take Colorado apart, they jumped on the 'Colorado sucks' bandwagon.

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
And what did the media make up in this story? The narrative was created when Colorado beat the 2022 CFB runner-up in Week 1. Joe Public didn't need the media to convince him (wrongfully) that Colorado was really good at that point. The game results took care of that. Then when the public saw Oregon take Colorado apart, they jumped on the 'Colorado sucks' bandwagon.
The media knows Deion is polarizing to folks. Funny thing it was all media covering him but with different angles depending upon the audience.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbrown

ILLINOISLION

Oct 12, 2021
Prime’s enthusiasm, the power of the portal and an incredibly poor TCU team fooled virtually everybody in the USA.

But again going from one win to four really reinvigorated the CU fan base and the entire University!

Reactions: FTLPSU

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Prime’s enthusiasm, the power of the portal and an incredibly poor TCU team fooled virtually everybody in the USA.

But again going from one win to four really reinvigorated the CU fan base and the entire University!

Right? This is where the 'all fan bases but one will be unhappy at the end of the year' narrative falls flat. Colorado fans are likely pretty happy compared to last year - better times ahead and all.

PSUFTG2

Jul 1, 2023
Keep in mind, "Prime" didn't make the 2022 Colorado Football team any better (and he couldn't have made it any worse :) )
He brought in a different team, and put them into Colorado uniforms. That team was better than the old one - for sure - but was still rather crappy.

How he did that, with his schtick and bluster and mercenaries? Some may be great with that, ok with that, or hate that.... but, in any event, it is not like it brought some huge return (Well, it did bring the hype/bravado train to town, for sure. And sold tickets for "Prime, Year 1" - which is important. But not results on the field.).

Now, with Colorado off to the "depleted of quality, and bloated with mediocrity" Big 12, who knows.
They will, because they have to, basically bring in another portal class this year. Will their propos still ring true to enough talent to get them moving in the right direction? Who knows. But it will likely be interesting - in either an entertaining way, or a can't-not-look-at-the-train-wreck kind of way.

Reactions: Sven56 and bbrown

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
Keep in mind, "Prime" didn't make the 2022 Colorado Football team any better (and he couldn't have made it any worse :) )
He brought in a different team, and put them into Colorado uniforms. That team was better than the old one - for sure - but was still rather crappy.

How he did that, with his schtick and bluster and mercenaries? Some may be great with that, ok with that, or hate that.... but, in any event, it is not like it brought some huge return (Well, it did bring the hype/bravado train to town, for sure. And sold tickets for "Prime, Year 1" - which is important. But not results on the field.).

Now, with Colorado off to the "depleted of quality, and bloated with mediocrity" Big 12, who knows.
They will, because they have to, basically bring in another portal class this year. Will their propos still ring true to enough talent to get them moving in the right direction? Who knows. But it will likely be interesting - in either an entertaining way, or a can't-not-look-at-the-train-wreck kind of way.
He's also bringing in Coach Warren Sapp, leader of our youth. 😏

Catch1lion

Oct 12, 2021
Two QBs decommitted. This show is going off Broadway really soon.
I saw him in parking lot of Millers once and looked like he was up to something shady.
Miller's parking lot security cam got him on film sporting the U colors with a fur coat.

Reactions: ODShowtime

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021

Animated GIF

Reactions: 81BandW and PSUJam

Mister Magoo

Oct 12, 2021
Christian Fauria’s son Caleb is in portal. Wonder if we’re interested. TE played HS ball in Massachusetts. We’ve recruited well there.

Catch1lion

Oct 12, 2021
I'm just here with the popcorn. I enjoyed some of the rise. It's entertaining. But it's looking bleak right now. Coach Prime gonna have to get JayZ singing Annie's The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow.

Comment section is pretty much alll positives. CU Editors must be working OT.

• Haha
Reactions: PSUJam

ODShowtime

Nov 1, 2021
I was in Boulder a few years ago and was surprised and happy to be able to order DP Dough for the first time in over ten years.

So they have that at least. And tons of good pot.

PSUFTG2

Jul 1, 2023
Not to mention made the University nearly 100 mill in one season.
Divide that number by 10, and that would get you in the ballpark.
Not that $10 Million is insignificant. For Colorado, it certainly is significant.

AvgUser

Oct 7, 2021
🙄

I saw this headline on my phone a couple hours ago. I'm stunned at the stupidity of SI.

From the article:
"Deion Sanders dominated the sports conversation in 2023 as a transformative figure not just in Colorado, but for the entire realm of college sports," Stephen Cannella, editor in chief of SI, said in a statement. "On and off the field, he represents a new model for the modern college coach."

God help us if this is true.

PSUFTG2

Jul 1, 2023
I saw this headline on my phone a couple hours ago. I'm stunned at the stupidity of SI.

From the article:
"Deion Sanders dominated the sports conversation in 2023 as a transformative figure not just in Colorado, but for the entire realm of college sports," Stephen Cannella, editor in chief of SI, said in a statement. "On and off the field, he represents a new model for the modern college coach."

Lia Thomas came in second :)

Reactions: step.eng69

Nitt1300

Oct 12, 2021

From the article:

"Nobody ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American people."

EricStratton-RushChairman

Oct 6, 2021

From the article:

Delta Echo India

Catch1lion

Oct 12, 2021
Looks like Prime takes another loss. I guess he questioned her eligibility after 12 years. Tracey was able to use the
transfer portal boiler plate language in her goodbye message.

Last edited:

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
Looks like Prime takes another loss. I guess he questioned her eligibility after 12 years. Looks like Tracey was able to use the
transfer portal boiler plate language in her goodbye message.

She be like, “4-8? I deserve better.”

leinbacker

Oct 13, 2021
Anyone attending?

"To celebrate CU being the center of the sports world, the university is holding a free event that will be open to the public."

Latest posts