Commitment Reminders for Today and Tommorow

Spinal Tap

Jan 22, 2022
Jonathan Paylor (WR, '24) - Tonight at 6:00. 18 has been keeping us up with him.

Landon Duckworth (QB, '26) Tonight at 6:00. For a guy a couple of years out he has attracted attention and he's been making a lot of visits. His other named finalists are TCU, UCF, and Vandy.

Jalewis Solomon (CB, '24) Tomorrow (I don't know the time). Probably between us and Auburn with FSU still working on him.

Reactions: Rogue Cock

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Seems we are probably pretty solid with Solomon and Duckworth. Not too sure about Duckworth, though as he is a 2026 guy. I'm leery of even getting 2025 commitments right now. So much can change. And, if he commits to us this early, that will affect his star rating anyway.

It will be very hard to feel disappointed with how anything goes this weekend after we just got a commit from a top 10 player nationally. That said, it would be VERY VERY nice to feel some momentum from Stewart's commitment by landing Paylor.

He said he made up his mind at the end of June and hasn't wavered since then (but has not informed the coaches). The recruiting experts, however, have said that over the last month NC State has made up ground and overtaken us in his recruiting. So either Paylor is lying or the experts are wrong. Or we were never actually in the lead for him in the first place.

Reactions: Rogue Cock

athenscock3

Feb 7, 2022
In the SEC playmakers are needed but the real difference makers are on the los. We have made progress with both the number and quality of incoming ol. If all goes well, we fnally have the type ol needed. I grieve about the ones we lost. The dt prospects who went elsewhere. The dl needs a similar upgrade, especially at dt. yes I know we got a tremendous boost with Stewart’s committ but I’m greedy. I want cat too.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
In the SEC playmakers are needed but the real difference makers are on the los. We have made progress with both the number and quality of incoming ol. If all goes well, we fnally have the type ol needed. I grieve about the ones we lost. The dt prospects who went elsewhere. The dl needs a similar upgrade, especially at dt. yes I know we got a tremendous boost with Stewart’s committ but I’m greedy. I want cat too.

Very true. I want Paylor, no mistake about that. But the most important position is in the trenches and Beamer has addressed that in a major way.

Reactions: Prestonyte