Conspiracy!

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Speaking of LeBron, I read this yesterday- he and Redick have a podcast together and James apparently really dislikes the current state of college basketball.

Los Angeles Lakers superstar LeBron James went on a rant about college basketball on the "Mind the Game" podcast with co-host JJ Redick and explained why it gave him "anxiety" to watch his son Bronny James play at USC this season.
"I've never understood why a coach will throw the ball into the post with his big with no business with the ball in the post," James said. "The only time the ball should go into the post with the big is if he, automatically, as soon as he catches it, flattens the defense and he goes right back into a DHO uphill, roll – if he's not a pocket passer you can't throw it low, throw it to the rim – or it's his job is to just shrink the defense cause his role is so dynamic. I watch college games and I see guys throw the ball in the post to guys and they'll turn around and shoot a jump shot or a running left handed jump hook."

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
Nothing in the history Ole Miss basketball suggests they are remotely close to being able to pull something like that off.
I’m worried it has legs. You’ll notice that Hubbard’s jersey says “Team Thad”. Thad Cochran was an Ole Miss grad. Bronny’s says “SFG”. I can’t help but think that might stand for Steven 17ing Godfrey.

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
Bronny is going to the NBA and will be drafted by some dumb team in the first round just for the hope that his dad will come play with him, even though he’s really not very good.
Throwing away a draft pick might be worth it to someone like the Pistons just for a couple years of Lebron and having him retire there.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008

Frustrated Larry Bird GIF by SB Nation

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Bronny sucks. He averaged less than 5 points per game and his minutes per game got less and less as the season went on. He would never be drafted at all if he wasn’t LeBron’s son, but some team will take a flyer on him with a second round pick to try and entice his daddy to come play with him.

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
Bronny sucks. He averaged less than 5 points per game and his minutes per game got less and less as the season went on. He would never be drafted at all if he wasn’t LeBron’s son, but some team will take a flyer on him with a second round pick to try and entice his daddy to come play with him.
So you're saying his last name could be "Fort" and we could never tell the difference?

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
Speaking of LeBron, I read this yesterday- he and Redick have a podcast together and James apparently really dislikes the current state of college basketball.
1. He’s correct. College basketball is a shell of it’s once greatness, and the game is hard to watch. Fundamentals are terrible. Few upperclassmen. Very seldom do you see a year-to-year team congruence and camaraderie out of the gate, because every year is an amalgam of new divas.

2. I Don’t wanna hear a GD thing he says about it since he is one of the major lightning rod examples that got us to where we now are. He capitalized on the temporary loophole, sidestepped it altogether, and never played one minute of college ball. 17 that mutha17er.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
1. He’s correct. College basketball is a shell of it’s once greatness, and the game is hard to watch. Fundamentals are terrible. Few upperclassmen. Very seldom do you see a year-to-year team congruence and camaraderie out of the gate, because every year is an amalgam of new divas.

2. I Don’t wanna hear a GD thing he says about it since he is one of the major lightning rod examples that got us to where we now are. He capitalized on the temporary loophole, sidestepped it altogether, and never played one minute of college ball. 17 that mutha17er.
So what about baseball players that go straight out of high school in the MLB draft? I’ll hang up and listen.

Say what you will about him as a person, I don’t care for him much either, but he had the ability and talent ready for the NBA out of highschool.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008

Agree on your overall point of your first comment.

Your second comment is bonkers. There was no temporary loophole that he capitalized on- he declared for the Draft out of HS just like 19 players did before his draft class. I mean, the '01 draft, which was just 2 years prior to James' draft, had 4 HS players drafted in the top 10.
Kobe, KG, TMac, Jermaine ONeal, Tyson Chandler, Stoudemire, oh and Picayune's own Jonathan Bender- all apparently capitalized on a temporary loophole that existed for over 30 years and was created as a direct result of a SCOTUS ruling.
The end of your second point just seems like you are misdirecting some anger.

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
So what about baseball players that go straight out of high school in the MLB draft? I’ll hang up and listen.

Say what you will about him as a person, I don’t care for him much either, but he had the ability and talent ready for the NBA out of highschool.
Go pro. That’s fine. But if you bypass college because it’s small potatoes and beneath your talent don’t b!tch about the decline of it when you chose not to be an ambassador for it.

I wouldn’t want to hear Hillary Clinton gripe about the quality of US Senators the State of Arkansas sends to Washington.

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
Go pro. That’s fine. But if you bypass college because it’s small potatoes and beneath your talent don’t b!tch about the decline of it when you chose not to be an ambassador for it.

I wouldn’t want to hear Hillary Clinton gripe about the quality of US Senators the State of Arkansas sends to Washington.
So where did you play college ball?

• Haha
Reactions: mcdawg22

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
So where did you play college ball?
I didn’t. I would have loved to. I didn’t have the God-given talent to play college, but LeBron sure did, and he said nope, not for that price.

And now we have an entire system based upon everyone having the luxury to opt out if the price isn’t right, like he did, and he wants to throw stones at it.

It’s called self awareness and he skipped that life lesson, too.

bully12

Sep 2, 2012
Well, if they haven't looked lately, NBA basketball is as bad as basketball can get. It's not even recognizable as basketball. More like jousting without the horses and long wooden poles. John Wooden, Red Auerbach, and Naismith himself gotta be rolling in their graves.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Well, if they haven't looked lately, NBA basketball is as bad as basketball can get. It's not even recognizable as basketball. More like jousting without the horses and long wooden poles. John Wooden, Red Auerbach, and Naismith himself gotta be rolling in their graves.
I will watch NBA any day over college basketball. I watch State play and that’s about it. It is an awful product.

BulldogLegacy

Feb 27, 2008
Agree on your overall point of your first comment.

Your second comment is bonkers. There was no temporary loophole that he capitalized on- he declared for the Draft out of HS just like 19 players did before his draft class. I mean, the '01 draft, which was just 2 years prior to James' draft, had 4 HS players drafted in the top 10.
Kobe, KG, TMac, Jermaine ONeal, Tyson Chandler, Stoudemire, oh and Picayune's own Jonathan Bender- all apparently capitalized on a temporary loophole that existed for over 30 years and was created as a direct result of a SCOTUS ruling.
The end of your second point just seems like you are misdirecting some anger.
Don’t you dare tell folks like Ttown the truth. They won’t like it and cry about it later

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
I didn’t. I would have loved to. I didn’t have the God-given talent to play college, but LeBron sure did, and he said nope, not for that price.

And now we have an entire system based upon everyone having the luxury to opt out if the price isn’t right, like he did, and he wants to throw stones at it.

It’s called self awareness and he skipped that life lesson, too.
Self awareness? What?

Because he didn't play college ball, he's never allowed to comment on it? Even when discussing his son who is playing college ball? Plus, he's talking about basketball Xs and Os. He knows more about basketball than just about any talking head you see on TV or people writing articles about the game, so it's an interesting perspective.

What a strange hill to die on for you.

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
I mean, compare football now to the glorified rugby that football was in the 1950s and prior. It's a completely different game too. Should Walter Camp, Knute Rockne and Amos Alonzo Stagg be rolling in their graves?

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
LeBron may be looking to move soon anyway.

"NEW: LeBron James appears to suddenly care about the pitfalls of progressive policies as he has reportedly become "very concerned" about squatters in his neighborhood."
That X post seems to assume a social view for LeBron and then rip on him for possibly not following that assumed social view.

Over the years, has LeBron been outspokenly in favor for squatting? If so, then yeah if he is changing his mind now that it may impact his family and property value, thats pretty inconsistent.
But if he hasnt spoken in favor of squatting thru the years, then its pretty 17ed up to claim he suddenly cares about the pitfalls of progressive policies.
The post doesnt allow for a person to hold views on individual issues.

If LeBron hasnt spoken a bunch in favor of squatting, then that X post is pretty dumb. I mean, its X, so thatd be par.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Who's the bigger egomaniac, Trump or LeBron?

Several years ago, the gate to LeBron's Beverly Hills Mansion was allegedly tagged with a racial slur. No pics, security footage or witnesses saw it and it was allegedly painted over by the time the cops arrived. He even involved the name of Emmett Till. He was never called out for it, in fact the media fell all over themselves reporting the story, even though it was full of holes.

https://www.outkick.com/analysis/lo...x-months-after-alleged-lebron-racist-graffiti

Reactions: T-TownDawgg

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Who's the bigger egomaniac, Trump or LeBron?

Several years ago, the gate to LeBron's Beverly Hills Mansion was allegedly tagged with a racial slur. No pics, security footage or witnesses saw it and it was allegedly painted over by the time the cops arrived. He even involved the name of Emmett Till. He was never called out for it, in fact the media fell all over themselves reporting the story, even though it was full of holes.

https://www.outkick.com/analysis/lo...x-months-after-alleged-lebron-racist-graffiti
Well you certainly found the right thread for this- the thread title is 'Conspiracy!'.

I hadnt heard this story before and read a brief article before reading your linked Outkick article.
The Outkick article is basically Unabomber Manifesto in length, considering the incident it is discussing.

Some takeways from the Outkick article-
- I didnt find the LAPD update to be eyeopening, unlike the Outkick article's author. It was a pretty plain update, actually.
- LeBron and his family werent even home when this happened.
- The graffiti was painted over and the police confirm the gate had been painted.
- The author makes it seem like the person responsible not being caught is evidence that it was faked. I mean, it was a word spray painted on a gate during the night...the odds of finding the person responsible seem low. 17ing financial crimes and physical crimes go unsolved all the time- not knowing who sprayed a word on a gate shouldnt be surprising.

Maybe LeBron(since he wasnt home) asked someone who works for him to paint the gate then call the cops and report a crime.
Maybe some dumbasses painted a word on a fence in the dark.
Either way, this has to be one of the most underwhelming examples of egomania that I have seen in a long time.

Reactions: StateCollege

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Well you certainly found the right thread for this- the thread title is 'Conspiracy!'.

I hadnt heard this story before and read a brief article before reading your linked Outkick article.
The Outkick article is basically Unabomber Manifesto in length, considering the incident it is discussing.

Some takeways from the Outkick article-
- I didnt find the LAPD update to be eyeopening, unlike the Outkick article's author. It was a pretty plain update, actually.
- LeBron and his family werent even home when this happened.
- The graffiti was painted over and the police confirm the gate had been painted.
- The author makes it seem like the person responsible not being caught is evidence that it was faked. I mean, it was a word spray painted on a gate during the night...the odds of finding the person responsible seem low. 17ing financial crimes and physical crimes go unsolved all the time- not knowing who sprayed a word on a gate shouldnt be surprising.

Maybe LeBron(since he wasnt home) asked someone who works for him to paint the gate then call the cops and report a crime.
Maybe some dumbasses painted a word on a fence in the dark.
Either way, this has to be one of the most underwhelming examples of egomania that I have seen in a long time.
It likely was a hoax and didn't happen, it's another example of everyone, even the rich and powerful, wanting to be a victim. In one of the wealthiest places on earth, no witnesses, no security footage. Folks in Beverly Hills are on East Coast time - the financial capitol of the world - so they are up early in the morning, heading to work, working out, etc. No one saw anything? LeBron's staff didn't think to take a pic? This holds as much water was the Jussie Somlett hoax.

Reactions: tbaydog

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
It likely was a hoax and didn't happen, it's another example of everyone, even the rich and powerful, wanting to be a victim. In one of the wealthiest places on earth, no witnesses, no security footage. Folks in Beverly Hills are on East Coast time - the financial capitol of the world - so they are up early in the morning, heading to work, working out, etc. No one saw anything? LeBron's staff didn't think to take a pic? This holds as much water was the Jussie Somlett hoax.
The supply of racism can't keep up with demand.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
That X post seems to assume a social view for LeBron and then rip on him for possibly not following that assumed social view.

Over the years, has LeBron been outspokenly in favor for squatting? If so, then yeah if he is changing his mind now that it may impact his family and property value, thats pretty inconsistent.
But if he hasnt spoken in favor of squatting thru the years, then its pretty 17ed up to claim he suddenly cares about the pitfalls of progressive policies.
The post doesnt allow for a person to hold views on individual issues.

If LeBron hasnt spoken a bunch in favor of squatting, then that X post is pretty dumb. I mean, its X, so thatd be par.
They aren't saying LeBron was previously pro-squatting.

A lot of people in California blame progressive policies for an uptick in local problems, including squatting. It's not unlike Democrats blaming conservative policies for problems in society. You may disagree with his point of view, but it isn't a difficult point of view to follow.

LeBron has been outspoken in his support of Democrat and progressive policies. Of course, rich people in Beverly Hills, like LeBron, are as insulated as anyone can be from the consequences of bad policy. Unfortunately, the problems are getting closer and closer to their front doors. Sometimes, we have to see the unintended consequences firsthand before we understand how serious a problem is.

Another example: Democrats aren't in favor of female college students being murdered while jogging on campus. They never have been. But it is the opinion of some that policies enacted by Democrats have made that more of a danger in 2024. Again, you may not agree with that point of view, but you should be able to understand it.

Reactions: sandwolf.sixpack

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022

Reactions: sandwolf.sixpack

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
They aren't saying LeBron was previously pro-squatting.

A lot of people in California blame progressive policies for an uptick in local problems, including squatting. It's not unlike Democrats blaming conservative policies for problems in society. You may disagree with his point of view, but it isn't a difficult point of view to follow.

LeBron has been outspoken in his support of Democrat and progressive policies. Of course, rich people in Beverly Hills, like LeBron, are as insulated as anyone can be from the consequences of bad policy. Unfortunately, the problems are getting closer and closer to their front doors. Sometimes, we have to see the unintended consequences firsthand before we understand how serious a problem is.

Another example: Democrats aren't in favor of female college students being murdered while jogging on campus. They never have been. But it is the opinion of some that policies enacted by Democrats have made that more of a danger in 2024. Again, you may not agree with that point of view, but you should be able to understand it.

Again- for this argument to work, one must force a person to be monolithic in their views on societal issues.
It's illogical.
People can be outspoken on some issues/policies that are viewed as liberal or progressive, but that doesn't mean those people align with all liberal or progressive views.

The guy that started the X thread and countless people responding are doing just that- assigning LeBron blame/responsibility for this issue because he has spoken out in support of other issues that can be categorized into the same social grouping.

Such thinking is divisive, dishonest, and dissapointing.
^ I alliterated the 17 out of that!

I support some liberal views.
I support some progressive views.
I disagree with some liberal views.
I disagree with some progressive views.
It's dumb to claim that since I support this 1 thing, I also then support a totally unrelated thing.

Reactions: StateCollege