Continued GARBAGE OOC scheduling from Penn State (& James Franklin)

Bvillebaron

Oct 12, 2021
Completely irrelevant to the reality of the situation. Who they schedule for their h-h OOC doesn't effect that (if anything, the better the h-h OOC the more $$$$ comes in).

PSU has h-h with Syracuse and Temple

They could schedule h-h with anyone else (from Alabama and Texas - or Syracuse and Temple - or Sweet Ladies Academy and Southwest Connecticut A&M), and have the exact same number of home games, obviously. They choose Syracuse and Temple. So be it.

Will tens of thousands of folks continue to lay out thousands of dollars a piece - for a hotel room and game tickets (and whatever else they get dinged for) - to take in a weekend of PSU vs Temple? Who knows?
I expect PSU-Texas would be a stronger bet though.

Caviar Prices for Taco Bell grub (even if it is All You Can Eat) might be a tougher sell.
So stay home and complain.

bdgan

Oct 12, 2021
We've filled out our 2025 OOC schedule! A 3rd game in addition to playing mighty Nevada and Villanova.

Drum roll, please ............... the 3rd game is against FIU!!!

Over the next 5 years, PSU has 14 OOC games scheduled. Only 3 are against P4 teams, and those games are against WVU and Syracuse.

Ugh. James Franklin (not surprisingly, because he's mostly about self-preservation) does not buy into the philosophical idea of "iron sharpens iron."

I used to care about OOC scheduling because a weak schedule could keep PSU out of the MNC race but a 12 team playoff should fix that. Besides, PSU will now be playing teams like Oregon, USC, and Washington in addition to OSU & UM. There's no shortage of good opponents.

Bkmtnittany1

Oct 26, 2021
We've filled out our 2025 OOC schedule! A 3rd game in addition to playing mighty Nevada and Villanova.

Drum roll, please ............... the 3rd game is against FIU!!!

Over the next 5 years, PSU has 14 OOC games scheduled. Only 3 are against P4 teams, and those games are against WVU and Syracuse.

Ugh. James Franklin (not surprisingly, because he's mostly about self-preservation) does not buy into the philosophical idea of "iron sharpens iron."

[email protected]. [email protected]

Reactions: LB99

PSUSignore

Oct 25, 2021
Anyone provide a link to prove that Franklin is responsible for PSU scheduling FIU?
CJF has publicly talked about scheduling before, it's no secret that he feels there's little value to playing tough games out of conference when the goal is to make the playoffs.

Bkmtnittany1

Oct 26, 2021
CJF has publicly talked about scheduling before, it's no secret that he feels there's little value to playing tough games out of conference when the goal is to make the playoffs.

You think he has no say in this and the AD just texts him, "Hey by the way picked up FIU hope you are good with that have a nice day" lol
I bet the Chamber of Commerce in SC loves the FIU game! I got a c-note saying there will be 100k in the Beav for the game. What I love is the bitching, f…ing hilarious!

Reactions: Nitt1300

marshall23

Oct 7, 2021
I bet the Chamber of Commerce in SC loves the FIU game! I got a c-note saying there will be 100k in the Beav for the game. What I love is the bitching, f…ing hilarious!
Well too, there is the opportunity to ***** about Franklin. "How can we hate on you? Let me count the ways."

Reactions: PSU_Lions_84

Bkmtnittany1

Oct 26, 2021
Well too, there is the opportunity to ***** about Franklin. "How can we hate on you? Let me count the ways."
So let me get this straight. We were supposed to play VaTech, in 2025, a year from now. They pull out. Who were we supposed to get at such a late date to play us at home? And the fact that at the last minute we got FIU and it is the HC fault.

marshall23

Oct 7, 2021
So let me get this straight. We were supposed to play VaTech, in 2025, a year from now. They pull out. Who were we supposed to get at such a late date to play us at home? And the fact that at the last minute we got FIU and it is the HC fault.
It's Franklin's fault is the 1st Commandment in the BWICAC manual.

• Haha
Reactions: Bkmtnittany1

PSUFTG2

Jul 1, 2023
FWIW: That game was cancelled in 2020 - four years ago (the series was cancelled when COVID wiped out the PSU at VT game in 2020, which also cancelled the VT at PSU game slated for 2025). Like a lot of folks, I presume, I was disappointed - thought PSU-VT was an interesting matchup (even if the current VT is not as interesting as their teams of the Beamer era)

That didn't happen last week (or last year, or the year before that, or the year before that....)

Virginia Tech eyeing new neutral site game for 2025 in place of Penn State series (roanoke.com)
PSU has officially removed Va. Tech from 2025 schedule (nittanysportsnow.com)

Penn State was certainly not forced into some "last minute" decision. Love it or hate it, PSU's scheduling philosophy is a considered and deliberate choice.

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
You think he has no say in this and the AD just texts him, "Hey by the way picked up FIU hope you are good with that have a nice day" lol
How many options do you think they had a year out? You realize schedules are done a few years in advance for OOC if not more. Let's put it like this.....who did PSU turn down that we aren't aware of for this feaux outrage thread? Clearly some folks here know they had a bigger fish and said no thanks so please do share it. At least make the feaux outrage make some sense here.

Bkmtnittany1

Oct 26, 2021
FWIW: That game was cancelled in 2020 - four years ago (the series was cancelled when COVID wiped out the PSU at VT game in 2020, which also cancelled the VT at PSU game slated for 2025). Like a lot of folks, I presume, I was disappointed - thought PSU-VT was an interesting matchup (even if the current VT is not as interesting as their teams of the Beamer era)

That didn't happen last week (or last year, or the year before that, or the year before that....)

Virginia Tech eyeing new neutral site game for 2025 in place of Penn State series (roanoke.com)
PSU has officially removed Va. Tech from 2025 schedule (nittanysportsnow.com)

Penn State was certainly not forced into some "last minute" decision. Love it or hate it, PSU's scheduling philosophy is a considered and deliberate choice.
No matter what PSU did it would have been Franklin’s fault!

Psu00

Oct 12, 2021
You mean an actual 100,000 fans in the stadium or the Pitt like ‘tickets sold’ announcement that does not represent actual number of people there? ;)

Psu00

Oct 12, 2021
Let’s put down the tinted glasses and be honest here. As pointed out above, this was not a last minute 1 year out decision. Even with that argument, the poor OOC scheduling is clearly a policy now. This FIU decision was not a 1 off with an otherwise respectable OOC schedule. It’s the new norm. Here’s PSU’s upcoming OOC schedules:

Aug. 31st - at West Virginia
Sept. 7th - BOWLING GREEN
Sept. 21st - KENT STATE

Aug. 30th - NEVADA
Sept. 13th - VILLANOVA
Sept- FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL

Sept. 5th - MARSHALL
Sept. 12th - at Temple
Sept. 19th - SAN JOSE STATE

Sept. 4th - SYRACUSE
Sept. 11th - DELAWARE
Sept. 18th - TEMPLE

Sept. 9th - at Syracuse

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
Let’s put down the tinted glasses and be honest here. As pointed out above, this was not a last minute 1 year out decision. Even with that argument, the poor OOC scheduling is clearly a policy now. This FIU decision was not a 1 off with an otherwise respectable OOC schedule. It’s the new norm. Here’s PSU’s upcoming OOC schedules:

Sept. 21st - KENT STATE

Aug. 30th - NEVADA
Sept. 13th - VILLANOVA

Sept. 5th - MARSHALL
Sept. 12th - at Temple

Sept. 4th - SYRACUSE
Sept. 11th - DELAWARE
Sept. 18th - TEMPLE

Sept. 9th - at Syracuse
When is PSU applying to join the MAC?

Bkmtnittany1

Oct 26, 2021

Sept. 21st - KENT STATE

Aug. 30th - NEVADA
Sept. 13th - VILLANOVA

Sept. 5th - MARSHALL
Sept. 12th - at Temple

Sept. 4th - SYRACUSE
Sept. 11th - DELAWARE
Sept. 18th - TEMPLE

Sept. 9th - at Syracuse
Fire Franklin!

• Haha
Reactions: LB99 and Midnighter

leinbacker

Oct 13, 2021

Sept. 21st - KENT STATE

Aug. 30th - NEVADA
Sept. 13th - VILLANOVA

Sept. 5th - MARSHALL
Sept. 12th - at Temple

Sept. 4th - SYRACUSE
Sept. 11th - DELAWARE
Sept. 18th - TEMPLE

Sept. 9th - at Syracuse

Here is Ohio State's for comparison

Reactions: Ironman2

NittanyBuff

Oct 30, 2021
Well you and the other 100k enjoy yourselves, sure as hell wouldn't waste my money on that.

• Haha
Reactions: Bkmtnittany1

Latest posts