Davis not signed...

PiscatawayMike

Heisman
Jul 27, 2001
17,475
15,492
113
I love this place
Anticipation Popcorn GIF
We all do!
 

Kbee3

Heisman
Aug 23, 2002
43,724
35,255
0
Pikiell said he was signed. It is an NCAA violation if an unsigned recruit is mentioned by the coaching staff.
I didn't know that Pikiell had said he was signed. Until some mentioned in this thread that he had.
Surely with the recent defections you can understand my concern.
 
  • Like
Reactions: runrutgersrun

AZBlues

All-Conference
Sep 29, 2013
1,185
1,389
0
Pikiell said he was signed. It is an NCAA violation if an unsigned recruit is mentioned by the coaching staff.

This is the best piece of evidence as far as I'm concerned... If a recruit isn't signed, per NCAA rules the only thing a coach is allowed to mention about the player in public statements is that he's being recruited. He can't mention anything else about the player or his game, and Pike definitely did that in the interview. (I assume that referring to a player by his nickname still counts...)

It's just unusual that the player's signing still hasn't been publicly announced even if there's a valid reason, and based on a few recent Rutgers basketball events, I think maybe some fans have developed the attitude that they'll believe it when they see it when it comes to RU hoops news... (Despite the positive Davis signing information that Richie and maybe a few others have posted...)
 

Mr. Magoo1

Heisman
Nov 15, 2001
15,568
16,477
113
But, is his family still broken down on the side of the road on their way? Are they with Sheridan?
 

NickRU714

Heisman
Aug 18, 2009
14,326
13,147
113
Makes jokes but this is the first official item, isn't it?

Even his rivals page still lists him as just a verbal - despite being assured by Richie.
Don't blame posters because Rivals isn't updating their own public facing pages or Rutgers (for some unknown reason) changed the process every other school follows.

 
  • Haha
Reactions: Scangg

RUPete

Heisman
Feb 5, 2003
26,841
16,113
0
You can't completely make out "Rutgers" on the one photo and "Knights" could be anyone. I'll wait until fall practice before I breathe easy on this one.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Rokodesh

-RUFAN4LIFE-

Heisman
Feb 28, 2015
34,885
54,070
113
You can't completely make out "Rutgers" on the one photo and "Knights" could be anyone. I'll wait until fall practice before I breathe easy on this one.
You may want to wait until the first game to see if his name is in the program. 🙃
 
  • Like
Reactions: RUPete
The Knight Report

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football How to Watch College Football: TV schedule, start times, streaming info for Week 5 games
  2. 02 The Knight Report Greg Schiano Presser Recap + Early Thoughts on Indiana - TKR Pod
  3. 03 The Knight Report Four-Star Forward Brandon Woodard commits to Rutgers Basketball
  4. 04 The Knight Report Rutgers Wrestling's Newest Star Anthony Knox Addresses His Past and Looks Ahead
  5. 05 The Knight Report Full 2026-27 Rutgers Wrestling Schedule Released