Dawn is the GOAT

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
I hope Shane has enough sense not to share his opinion on such issues. I just don’t want to know and don’t want to have to give up football.

Feb 24, 2024
I hope Shane has enough sense not to share his opinion on such issues. I just don’t want to know and don’t want to have to give up football.
Help me understand why the personal opinion of Shane Beamer on any given topic impact whether you support Gamecocks Football or not.

Cocky 45

Joined Mar 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
I hope they stand for the anthem tomorrow , otherwise that will be another media disaster that we will get killed for. this woke stuff is harming the program, it is ridiculous, nobody has any common sense today. all the negative press is really harming things. and these are terrible indefensible comments Dawn is making, disgusting

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Help me understand why the personal opinion of Shane Beamer on any given topic impact whether you support Gamecocks Football or not.
It wouldn't, and I certainly hope our women win tomorrow. But even people who are not conservative recognize that transgender participation in women's sports pose serious issues related to maintaining a place in athletics for biological females that is fair to them. In that regard, it is not entirely a moral issue.

Reactions: Sweetwatergolf
Feb 24, 2024
It wouldn't, and I certainly hope our women win tomorrow. But even people who are not conservative recognize that transgender participation in women's sports pose serious issues related to maintaining a place in athletics for biological females that is fair to them. In that regard, it is not entirely a moral issue.
I consider myself neither conservative nor liberal. I consider myself fiercely independent. I do not think people assigned male sex at birth should compete in women's sports. I don't care if other people think otherwise. Good for them and it doesn't affect my own independence

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
I consider myself neither conservative nor liberal. I consider myself fiercely independent. I do not think people assigned male sex at birth should compete in women's sports. I don't care if other people think otherwise. Good for them and it doesn't affect my own independence
I'm definitely conservative but also a pragmatist. This is not a "both/and" issue; this ultimately is an "either/or" issue.

Reactions: LonghornsGamecocks

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022

It's not any given topic. There are a select few topics to me...moral issues...that are deal-breakers. Some things are more important. It's why I've largely given up on movies, and I haven't missed out on a thing. Just me and I don't expect others to feel the same way.

It's a narrow path.

Feb 24, 2024
It's not any given topic. There are a select few topics to me...moral issues...that are deal-breakers. Some things are more important. It's why I've largely given up on movies, and I haven't missed out on a thing. Just me and I don't expect others to feel the same way.

It's a narrow path.
I hear you. Thanks for the response!

Reactions: 18IsTheMan

Debo77

Dec 21, 2022
In the same week, she was harshly criticized for subjecting her team to Bible studies and then expressed support for the transgender movement.

Tell me who else can pull that off in one week?
not too many people would/could contradict themselves so harshly in a weeks time

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Whatever the case, it's baffling to me the women's libbers and women's rights folks fought tooth and nail for decades and raised an unholy stink over every issue, no matter how minor, and now the very same people are now like "but it's ok if guys pretend to be women and take our stuff."

Sparklecity

Jan 20, 2022
Whatever the case, it's baffling to me the women's libbers and women's rights folks fought tooth and nail for decades and raised an unholy stink over every issue, no matter how minor, and now the very same people are now like "but it's ok if guys pretend to be women and take our stuff."
It's baffling to me why you responded to the other post then turned right around and started another one on the same subject and now we have to read two threads

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
I like football and basketball. I’m watching regardless. I don’t care about the political opinions of the participants. I don’t care about their morals. If they commit a crime, they will probably be appropriately punished and may not be available to play. I didn’t know the Anthem was still an issue, but I don’t see how threatening people makes the situation better. I think that is a big reason why this issue keeps popping up every now and then.

Forkcock

Jan 21, 2022
Imagine a high school aged LeBron James, identifying as a female, and then signing to play for UCONN.

This is how ridiculous this is. Dawn got played. She took the bait.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Imagine a high school aged LeBron James, identifying as a female, and then signing to play for UCONN.

This is how ridiculous this is. Dawn got played. She took the bait.
It would be assume Auriemma signed some dude. Went undefeated for 4 years, winning 4 straight titles.

it wouldn’t even have to be a good boys basketball player. Take some average high school player who has no shot of playing college ball and bring him into the women’s game to utterly dominate for four years.

FootballLVR

Sep 25, 2023
Dawn doesn't.

FootballLVR

Sep 25, 2023
It's baffling to me why you responded to the other post then turned right around and started another one on the same subject and now we have to read two threads
Maybe this subject is important enough to have two threads in order to protect the rights of women in our country. Don't be a hater.