Dawn Staley and Cardoso Ring the NYSE bell on Tuesday

Gradstudent

Joined Feb 11, 2006
Feb 2, 2022
Sorry if already posted, but pretty cool, they hit the start trading bell on Tuesday.

Author: WLTX
Published: 2:10 PM EDT April 16, 2024
Updated: 4:41 PM EDT April 16, 2024
Facebook
NEW YORK — South Carolina Gamecocks Head Coach Dawn Staley and star player Kamilla Cardoso rang the bell at the New York Stock Exchange Tuesday.
Two, along with several USC assistant coaches, were guests on the balcony overlooking the floor of the trading area. Staley and Cardoso hit the button which triggered the bell to ring, starting the day of stock trading.

Gamecock logos were put into monitors around the stock exchange, and a few Gamecock fans must have been a part of those working there, as they flashed the Spurs Up hand gesture while the event happened.

Staley and Cardoso were in New York for the WNBA Draft, which was held Monday night. Cardoso was picked third overall by the Chicago Sky.
Of course the two are coming off a big last few weeks, highlighted by the Gamecocks capping off an undefeated season with a 87-75 win over Iowa in the national championship game in Cleveland. Days later, Staley went to Paris to watch a Champions League soccer match. Then on Sunday afternoon, Staley and Cardoso participated in the Gamecocks' national championship parade in downtown Columbia. The two then had to quickly fly up to New York in time for Monday's ceremony, which took place at 7:30 p.m.

USC became the first team to go undefeated since UConn in 2016 and just the 10th team all time to go through a season unblemished. Including last season, when they went undefeated until the Final Four, USC is a staggering 74-1 over the last two seasons. When you add their last title run in 2022, they're 108-3 in three seasons.
The Gamecocks are undefeated in championship games, going 3-0.

USC has also further cemented their status as the best program in their sport with three championships since 2017, two near misses in 2021 and 2023, and the COVID stopped season when they were the top team going into the tournament that was canceled. No other team can boast the talent of the Gamecocks, and no other team has had anywhere near as much success.

Big JC

May 12, 2023
Woke crowd going all in on trying to convince the public that people really care about women's sports.

USCEE82

Feb 17, 2024
They also appeared on CNBC around 9 or 915 on the same day. Edit: The host asked Kamilla about NIL and she responded "I don't do NIL" then Dawn took over.

Last edited:

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
Woke crowd going all in on trying to convince the public that people really care about women's sports.
Good grief. Going a little out of your way to not give our National Championship team any credit. They should get a little shine, shouldn't they? They did actually win the game. Caitlin Clark is everywhere and she hasn't won anything.

Big JC

May 12, 2023
Good grief. Going a little out of your way to not give our National Championship team any credit. They should get a little shine, shouldn't they? They did actually win the game. Caitlin Clark is everywhere and she hasn't won anything.
You sort of make my point. What other college sport does the media fawn over the loser of the NC game? Where was the media attention for Zach Edey. How many times did the UConn mens Bball team ring the NYSE bell? I don't recall the Michigan football team ringing the NYSE bell and they drew a much larger audience than the WBB game. Do you think Harbaugh and any of the Michigan players will be ringing that bell or on any news shows?

The Lady Gamecocks (Hens?) had a great season but the media is going on about WBB in general like it is as popular as the NFL. With Clark gone, next season's ratings will be back in the gutter. There will be 3 or 4 teams that have excited fan bases but in the grand scheme of things it will be a "who cares" sport.

• Haha
Reactions: Rogue Cock

Gamecock Lincoln

Joined Nov 10, 2007 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 18, 2022
You sort of make my point. What other college sport does the media fawn over the loser of the NC game? Where was the media attention for Zach Edey. How many times did the UConn mens Bball team ring the NYSE bell? I don't recall the Michigan football team ringing the NYSE bell and they drew a much larger audience than the WBB game. Do you think Harbaugh and any of the Michigan players will be ringing that bell or on any news shows?

The Lady Gamecocks (Hens?) had a great season but the media is going on about WBB in general like it is as popular as the NFL. With Clark gone, next season's ratings will be back in the gutter. There will be 3 or 4 teams that have excited fan bases but in the grand scheme of things it will be a "who cares" sport.
Just say you're threatened by women. We get it.

Rogue Cock

Joined Sep 11, 2000
Jan 22, 2022

The loser of the championship game.....how about the greatest scorer the NCAA has ever had? What Michigan players broke NCAA records?

If you are this threatened by women.....you are living in the wrong time in history (better go back to the late 1800s). More women are attending and applying to college than men at an increasing rate. Better find a rock to hide under.

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023

You are going on about Zach Edey, but the Women's Game outdrew the Men's Game by 4 Million People. The females won this time. It's okay. The sun will come up tomorrow. You can't control what people like. Caitlin Clark is the flavor of the moment and that's just what it is. Maybe, if the best players stayed in college a little longer on the Men's side, they would build up more name recognition and the college game would see the results of that on the Men's side. Right now, the Men's game is hyping up guys like Edey who are only in College because the NBA doesn't think they are good enough. At some point, your ratings will suffer when you are trying to promote 2nd and 3rd tier guys.

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023

The UConn Men's team will get their moments as well. They will most likely be invited to the White House. They will get other exposure as well. However, it doesn't have to be about the men all the time. Or in your world, does it.