Depth Chart

Germandog

Mar 26, 2024
The thing I am most looking forward to is a depth chart. Hopefully we can piece one together from the starters in the spring game since it has been top secret all spring.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
Publicized depth charts lead to players in the portal. Why would Lebby and Co. put one out? Why would fans want the media to make them up?

Reactions: Anon1697564126

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
Publicized depth charts lead to players in the portal. Why would Lebby and Co. put one out? Why would fans want the media to make them up?
I mean, it's fairly common practice. The depth chart exists whether it's publicized or not. A player knows if they are getting reps with the 1st team, 2nd team etc. Not sure putting out a PDF would make a player any more or less likely to leave.

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
There may be a couple places where it will be a battle all summer into the fall for the two deep or even starters but if you aren’t in the mix, you know it.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
I mean, it's fairly common practice. The depth chart exists whether it's publicized or not. A player knows if they are getting reps with the 1st team, 2nd team etc. Not sure putting out a PDF would make a player any more or less likely to leave.
It was a common practice. Athletic department websites used to link to a .pdf labeled Spring Depth Chart. I doubt you will see any program that does that. If they do, they're not being very smart. There are ways to keep competition for snaps alive as long as possible. You can't prevent all transfers, but pragmatic coaches are absolutely taking measures to minimize the departures. It's the state of college athletics.