Did a kid commit to us by the name of

Original48

Aug 9, 2007
Cameron Lawrence from Magnolia Heights? If so, please tell me there is more to him than what I saw today. He had a self-contained pre-game neck fest coming out onto the field pre-game and then proceeded to take a beat down from a Washington School team that was half their size. This enlisted a self-absorbed look at me all by myself in the corner of the enzone pity party after the final horn sounded. Also, throughout the game his father screamed at him and the team from the stands through a bullhorn. With a father like that he could be a tennis player.

By the way, Washington School's punter had a 76 yarder downed at the 1 and a 50 yarder angled out at the 4.

captaindawg

Feb 23, 2008
of him and the reports from the CL and recruiting services he has always made a good showing. Granted the time I saw him was against JA. He was by far the best player on the field as he should have been.

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
with him next year. That could provide some entertainment.

Also, what did he do during his neck fest?

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
why were the JA fans sending nasty e-mails to Rob Jay and channel 3 last week? They said something about "JA fans, stop sending the nasty e-mails, we had nothing to do with that, it was someone who doesn't work for us, so stop."

Do you know what they were talking about?

Porkchop.sixpack

Jan 23, 2007
something about the Ch3 copter dropping leaflets on a JA practice. Apparently, some younger kids were practicing or something at the time as well. Hell, I don't know. The rivallry seems to get more and more ridiculous each year. I think JA is a bunch of Prep wannabes. But, damn, it's just high schools.</p>

Porkchop.sixpack

Jan 23, 2007
today, to learn that Pearl made it to the second round of the gubment school playoffs. They got their *** handed to them by an academy ball team. A much smaller average class size academy ball team. </p>

</p>

Oh yeah. Swayze Waters. ****.</p>

patdog

May 28, 2007
Not exactly "getting their asses handed to them." Pearl also plays in the weakest division in the state and beat a team with a losing record in their 1st round playoff game.</p>

Porkchop.sixpack

Jan 23, 2007
"academy ball" attitude.

First, this team is not as good as last year's team. And, although last year's team was generally regarded as the best private school team ever, there have been several Prep teams that were nearly as good (and better than this year's team.)

And Pearl is a much larger school. The fact is that the upper tier private schools (in terms of their athletic skill) would be competitive against schools their size. And private schools do produce good athletes, many of whom don't get a good look because their parents chose not to send them to a gubment school.

But, I do appreciate your information about Pearl. They clearly aren't as good as I might have assumed them to be strictly based on their playoff appearance.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Porkchop said:
The fact is that the upper tier private schools (in terms of their athletic skill) would be competitive against schools their size.
The upper tier private schools (which can be counted on one hand with fingers left over) would be competitive against similar sized public schools. They wouldn't win any state championships (last year, the Newton County coach was diplomatic about it but basicly said that JP wouldn't have a chance against Franklin County last year), but they wouldn't have losing records either.

Porkchop.sixpack

Jan 23, 2007
But, that's one gubment employee's opinion.

No, seriously, he is entitled to his opinion. But, they are like ********. You know the drill.

Porkchop.sixpack

Jan 23, 2007
I am proud of this team. But, last year's team was better. 3 peats are cool.

</p>Edit: Now, I think that Pearl was MUCH worse last year.

But, the whole "we want revenge" from getting whipped by a bunch of private school boys thing makes it all the sweeter this year.

captaindawg

Feb 23, 2008
<p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">St Andrews and St Stanislaus compete in the MHSAA and have had their highs and lows through the years.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> JA and Prep are the only MPSA schools that could probably consistently compete against MHSAA teams due to their size and resources.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> However they would hardly be the year in year out competitors they are in the private school ranks (Prep has won the last three football championships while JA won the 3 to 5 before that).<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> Prep likes to boast of their win over Pearl but conveniently forgets to mention the loss to Newton County.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> <span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span></p>

Porkchop.sixpack

Jan 23, 2007
And beat them last year -- their only loss in the regular season. Like I said, our team last year was probably the best academy ball team ever. What's interesting is that we didn't have a big time college prospect last year. There was no Todd Wade, nor a Will Overstreet. Byrant Soloman was about as good as it got on the team, and he was just too small to play Div I-A (or whatever it is called now) ball.

Prep would be competitive every year in government school ball among schools their size. They wouldn't win every year. But, they would be competitive. And they would win championships from time to time -- which means you can't just simply dismiss them as "that's just academy ball." Well, I guess you can, but not logically.

Original48

Aug 9, 2007
it wasn't so much his Mark Gastineauesque entrance or continued chest thumping or even his wild arm girations...it was more along the lines of his commitment to himself before, during and after the game. By the way, I realize now that Magnolia Heights is the Chiefs..his bullhorn blowing daddy's look was complete with a flowing native american headdress.