Did Templeton

saddawg

Redshirt
Jun 25, 2006
1,639
0
0
hire Byrne?
If so, bad judgment for you LT. As ole Julius C said,

"Let me have men about me that are fat,
Sleek-headed men, and such as sleep a-nights:
Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look,
He thinks too much; such men are dangerous."
 

saddawg

Redshirt
Jun 25, 2006
1,639
0
0
did LT hire him to run the Bulldog Club? Is he the one that brought him to State?
 

graddawg

Sophomore
Jun 4, 2007
2,728
161
63
He thought he was bring a "yes man" on board after he ran Jimmy Bass off. He obviously got that one wrong.</p>
 

patdog

Heisman
May 28, 2007
60,401
31,592
113
I don't think he was looking for a strict "yes" man. I think he knew some changes needed to be made when he hired Bass, then he resisted those changes to the point Bass got fed up and left. But to his credit, he made a good hire to replace Bass and let some of the needed changes go through. Of course, it was far too little and too late to even think about keeping Templeton on as AD, but I do think he tried to make a few moves in the right direction his last couple of years.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Jett Jefferson's early impact elevating Mississippi State secondary
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football "I gotta give it all I got": Mississippi State WR Anthony Evans III on crucial 4th quarter catch
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Points of Focus from Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby heading into Week 5
  4. 04 Rivals Football Recruiting Wiltfong Whiparound: Mega prediction for Kentucky; Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State all made big recruiting moves in week four
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Sunday Notebook: No. 24 Mississippi State 31-24 No. 19 Mizzou