Dillon Day

Mjoelner

All-Conference
Sep 2, 2006
2,727
1,209
113
Did anyone else notice how fast he was coming off the ball? Yes, I know he's the center but I swear he was already on his block before anybody else on either line moved. I don't know how well he blocked. At that point in the game, I was just zeroedin on the ball and didn't watch the linemen after the snap.</p>
 

Uncle Ruckus

All-American
Apr 1, 2011
15,309
6,700
113
it may be too hard to adjust to a new position but didn't saulsberry play tackle at one point? if carmon is out and saulsberry comes back i'd like to keep day in and try saulsberry at lt, or any of the starting o-line. just keep clausell out of the starting lineup. lsu de's are gonna make it look like the '08 egg bowl on clausell.
 

PBRME

All-American
Feb 12, 2004
11,381
5,425
113
My thoughts exactly. Said that on 247. Move Saulsberry to LT. Clausell was beat, and beat badly on pass protection.
 

WebbFreeman

Redshirt
Nov 21, 2007
56
0
0
I thought he did a good job. He had no bad snaps from the shotgun that I remember. Ballard gained a lot of yards between the tackles after he came in. The middle of the line seemed solid late in the game.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Mississippi State’s Isaac Smith and Fluff Bothwell “Probable” on initial SEC availability report
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Week 5 Preview: Who Controls the Skies?
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "Complementary team football is what they're doing really well": Alabama HC Kalen DeBoer on Mississippi State matchup
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football SEC Nation returns to Starkville, beginning with Friday Finebaum show
  5. 05 Rivals Basketball Recruiting OTE Pro Day Recruiting Intel: Latest buzz on Beckham Black, Paul Osaruyi and more