Dillon Johnson

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Wait, I thought he was awesome and a game changer? You mean Leach knew what was up? Are you telling me any 3 star semi-competent back could have been inserted in the Deboaer/Penix offense????

Weird

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Several guys from Greenville are going to be playing a while in the NFL.

Reactions: CEO2044

Irondawg

Dec 2, 2007
Ouch, that is harsh.

for some reason I thought he was going back for a 5th year at UW but sounds like they may not have wanted him

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Wait, I thought he was awesome and a game changer? You mean Leach knew what was up? Are you telling me any 3 star semi-competent back could have been inserted in the Deboaer/Penix offense????

Weird
Yeah, I'm not sure in this day and age that a running back's lack of getting drafted is a real litmus test anymore. There were no running backs taken in the first round and only 1 in the second round. There were only 3 in the third round and the rest were 4th round or later.

He didn't get drafted. That doesn't mean he wasn't part of Washington's success and it doesn't mean we couldn't have used him here.

Reactions: CEO2044

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Yeah, I'm not sure in this day and age that a running back's lack of getting drafted is a real litmus test anymore. There were no running backs taken in the first round and only 1 in the second round. There were only 3 in the third round and the rest were 4th round or later.

He didn't get drafted. That doesn't mean he wasn't part of Washington's success and it doesn't mean we couldn't have used him here.
In the same vein, you could say they are plug and play.

I mean at the end of the day, do I wish he'd stayed? Yes, because he was an MSU guy. I also wish Mike Leach had lived, and that M-STATE would not be abandoned. We don't always get what we want.

CEO2044

May 11, 2009

Exactly. Running backs aren’t as valued as they used to be because many don’t last long (among other reasons). I’m not sure how many total were drafted this year- it just wasn’t a lot. His injuries probably did him in if I had to imagine.

Washington doesn’t make it to the title game without him. They needed his tough running to open their offense up. He’s always made the most of what he has and he’ll continue that because of who he is. You are beyond delusional if you still are adamant we didn’t need him last season.

And for the negative people on this board still rooting for him to fail- you are far more “soft” than he ever dreamed of being. He is still a FA, which means he’s achieved a level of probably less than 1% of athletes will ever reach.

CEO2044

May 11, 2009
Ouch, that is harsh.

for some reason I thought he was going back for a 5th year at UW but sounds like they may not have wanted him
Nope. He’d always planned on declaring for the draft after this season. Like planned since high school.

Of course lots can happen in that time frame, but he stuck to it.

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
Leach told Woody that Dillon was soft.
I’m of the opinion Leach was the kind of guy who would try to run somebody off if he thought it would light a fire in them and benefit them in the long run, and then he’d be happy for their success somewhere else.