Not only did he leave MSU in the “middle of the night”, he took several recruits with him that had been committed here. Honorable move would have been to leave those recruits alone or advise them to stick with their commitment here. So he left here with a nominal thanks but dream job etc., etc.
He also played the huckster in interviews and man of faith but pretty strong rumors of his “family” issues. Yeah, Hugh Freeze had family issues too Vic.
I understand that coaches change jobs all the time. How will it affect your former players, school, fans, timing of decision - these are some of questions that we fans/supporters base our opinion of him. IMO, he gave very little thought to the consequences of his leaving would cause. He left us during a monstrous pandemic and we had to hire a coach via zoom. Coach NMP was behind the 8 ball from the start. Pretty obvious now that this has fallen apart with no leadership and discipline problems.
I’ll give him credit though. He was the best coach at MSU during my lifetime. However, he threw that out the window with his classless departure while hiding behind his ‘Praise the Lord’ sayings. Admittedly I’m angry after getting drubbed by an inferior team, but I cannot pull for Coach Schaefer to succeed.
He also played the huckster in interviews and man of faith but pretty strong rumors of his “family” issues. Yeah, Hugh Freeze had family issues too Vic.
I understand that coaches change jobs all the time. How will it affect your former players, school, fans, timing of decision - these are some of questions that we fans/supporters base our opinion of him. IMO, he gave very little thought to the consequences of his leaving would cause. He left us during a monstrous pandemic and we had to hire a coach via zoom. Coach NMP was behind the 8 ball from the start. Pretty obvious now that this has fallen apart with no leadership and discipline problems.
I’ll give him credit though. He was the best coach at MSU during my lifetime. However, he threw that out the window with his classless departure while hiding behind his ‘Praise the Lord’ sayings. Admittedly I’m angry after getting drubbed by an inferior team, but I cannot pull for Coach Schaefer to succeed.