Divinity

Lettuce

All-Conference
Jun 24, 2024
1,014
1,153
113
Do yall believe in fate? Or wish for good luck? Are our beds already made before we even touch the floor in the mornings?

What if I told you that Mississippi State has the best quarterback in the nation locked up for this season and next?


What if I told you that MSU was undefeated and leading the SEC in total offense? What if I said we have never fielded an offense this talented, ever?


Without looking ahead, you would think “man, this is like a 1 in a million type season”


We have a heisman finalist taking snaps.



Let all of that sink in.













And in that one in a million season, you can’t make this up…..


Alabama LSU Oklahoma Texas are the next four in that order..



I’m not a traditional Catholic. I don’t claim to have unscathed faith nor do I live with my head in a hole. But I’ve come to grips with one of the most gut wrenching conclusions of life:


God is not a MSU fan.
 
Last edited:

horshack.sixpack

All-American
Oct 30, 2012
12,104
9,434
113
Do yall believe in fate? Or wish for good luck? Are our beds already made before we even touch the floor in the mornings?





What if I told you that Mississippi State has the best quarterback in the nation locked up for this season and next?





What if I told you that MSU was undefeated and leading the SEC in total offense? What if I said we have never fielded an offense this talented, ever?





Without looking ahead, you would think “man, this is like a 1 in a million type season”





We have a heisman finalist taking snaps.





Let all of that sink in.





























And in that one in a million season, you can’t make this up…..


Alabama LSU Oklahoma Texas are the next four in that order..








I’m not a traditional Catholic. I don’t claim to have unscathed faith nor do I live with my head in a hole. But I’ve come to grips with one of the most gut wrenching conclusions of life:





God is not a MSU fan.
I thought this was going to be about some fluffy candy…
 

STLDawg

Sophomore
Apr 16, 2017
109
101
42
Do yall believe in fate? Or wish for good luck? Are our beds already made before we even touch the floor in the mornings?





What if I told you that Mississippi State has the best quarterback in the nation locked up for this season and next?





What if I told you that MSU was undefeated and leading the SEC in total offense? What if I said we have never fielded an offense this talented, ever?





Without looking ahead, you would think “man, this is like a 1 in a million type season”





We have a heisman finalist taking snaps.





Let all of that sink in.





























And in that one in a million season, you can’t make this up…..


Alabama LSU Oklahoma Texas are the next four in that order..








I’m not a traditional Catholic. I don’t claim to have unscathed faith nor do I live with my head in a hole. But I’ve come to grips with one of the most gut wrenching conclusions of life:





God is not a MSU fan.
Adversity strengthens faith and other virtues. Think the sidewalk bammers are really better off than us?
 

msstatelp1

All-Conference
Aug 21, 2012
2,098
1,283
113
Ok real answer to your questions.

we are born with a blank slate.

our actions and decisions determine our fate mostly. Occasionally there’s a little blind luck (good or bad) thrown in.

17 Bama, 17 Ole Miss, 17 the rest of the SEC. There’s no quit in this team and I ain’t giving up til the final second is gone

oh and while I don’t believe in organized religion I do believe there is a higher power (or intelligence) that really don’t give a d@mn about things we get ourselves into. After all somebody or something had to kick this whole chaotic mess off.
 

WillSavery

Redshirt
Jan 27, 2022
1
4
3
Do yall believe in fate? Or wish for good luck? Are our beds already made before we even touch the floor in the mornings?





What if I told you that Mississippi State has the best quarterback in the nation locked up for this season and next?





What if I told you that MSU was undefeated and leading the SEC in total offense? What if I said we have never fielded an offense this talented, ever?





Without looking ahead, you would think “man, this is like a 1 in a million type season”





We have a heisman finalist taking snaps.





Let all of that sink in.





























And in that one in a million season, you can’t make this up…..


Alabama LSU Oklahoma Texas are the next four in that order..








I’m not a traditional Catholic. I don’t claim to have unscathed faith nor do I live with my head in a hole. But I’ve come to grips with one of the most gut wrenching conclusions of life:





God is not a MSU fan.
I believe God wills things to happen based upon what will give Him the most glory. If Mississippi state being good at football this year brings people to Christ or reveals His divinity then that’s what will happen
 

Villagedawg

All-Conference
Nov 16, 2005
2,493
2,577
113
Ok real answer to your questions.

we are born with a blank slate.

our actions and decisions determine our fate mostly. Occasionally there’s a little blind luck (good or bad) thrown in.

17 Bama, 17 Ole Miss, 17 the rest of the SEC. There’s no quit in this team and I ain’t giving up til the final second is gone

oh and while I don’t believe in organized religion I do believe there is a higher power (or intelligence) that really don’t give a d@mn about things we get ourselves into. After all somebody or something had to kick this whole chaotic mess off.
Yes to all but the blank slate
 

skip dog

All-Conference
Nov 15, 2005
1,403
1,148
93
I was looking to see something about candy.....

other than that, I'm a big believer in strategic spacing and paragraphs and what not........but your post annoyed me. you went to far with the extended spacing. Tighten up partner

other than that, agreed, we could have something special brewing......and maybe the good Lord above has just been getting us ready for something special all these years ( trial lead to patience which develops perspective which brings gratitude)

There is no fan base in America that will ever be more grateful than us for on field success!!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darryl Steight

DoggieDaddy13

All-Conference
Dec 23, 2017
3,932
2,325
113
I've been around long enough to know that the Good Lord either has no interest or is the opposite of a State fan.
I prefer to believe the former.
I fear reaching the Pearly Gates and everything is Powder Blue and St. Peter is dressed as Colonel Rebel.
 

HotMop

All-American
May 8, 2006
8,577
7,325
113
I thought this thread was a divinity recipe thread. So here’s my mother’s recipe for divinity. It is either a small or large batch. Enjoy. View attachment 1460055
1/2 recipe - 15 large pieces
Full recipe - 5 dozen pieces or so

Calculate Figure It Out GIF
 

Bulldog Bruce

All-American
Nov 1, 2007
5,244
6,447
113
This is why we have got to fight any talks of promotion and relegation being brought to college football. We would be relegated right now and even if K1 came to a relegated team we would get promoted too late to take advantage of a 1 in a million player.
 

idog

Freshman
Aug 17, 2010
602
93
28
I’m going to circle back and guess who is Presbyterians based on replies**
That’s a lot broader scope than you may think.

i.e.
Pres Church of USA (PCUSA) = looking into allowing its homosexual pastors to be in multiple non married relationships at once

Pres Church of America (PCA) = homosexuality is a sin

6Pack Church of America = wants to believe our program’s messiah has arrived
 
  • Haha
Reactions: WillSavery

johnson86-1

All-American
Aug 22, 2012
15,162
5,713
113
What ever happened to divinity? It was much more common in my youth.
I think it went the way of the jello molds? Just better stuff came along? I think people do make less stuff than they used to, but around christmas we still see people making trash and whatever the white chocolate mix is and some other stuff, but not divinity.
 

stateu1

All-Conference
Mar 21, 2016
3,155
1,183
113
I think it went the way of the jello molds? Just better stuff came along? I think people do make less stuff than they used to, but around christmas we still see people making trash and whatever the white chocolate mix is and some other stuff, but not divinity.
I think it went the way of the jello molds? Just better stuff came along? I think people do make less stuff than they used to, but around christmas we still see people making trash and whatever the white chocolate mix is and some other stuff, but not divinity.
Making divinity is not easy. Previous generations just knew how to do it right and didn’t pass it on
 
May 23, 2022
492
564
93
Do yall believe in fate? Or wish for good luck? Are our beds already made before we even touch the floor in the mornings?

What if I told you that Mississippi State has the best quarterback in the nation locked up for this season and next?


What if I told you that MSU was undefeated and leading the SEC in total offense? What if I said we have never fielded an offense this talented, ever?


Without looking ahead, you would think “man, this is like a 1 in a million type season”


We have a heisman finalist taking snaps.



Let all of that sink in.













And in that one in a million season, you can’t make this up…..


Alabama LSU Oklahoma Texas are the next four in that order..



I’m not a traditional Catholic. I don’t claim to have unscathed faith nor do I live with my head in a hole. But I’ve come to grips with one of the most gut wrenching conclusions of life:


God is not a MSU fan.
here i was thinking you were posting a recipe for Divinity, the homemade candy.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Week 5 Preview: Alabama Players to Know
  2. 02 Rivals Football Recruiting No. 16 Mississippi State hosts Alabama with a 2027 flip target, two elite QBs and other top prospects visiting
  3. 03 Rivals Football Recruiting How strong is CB Julian McDonald’s Mississippi State commitment with LSU still pushing?
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State QB Kamario Taylor named Davey O'Brien National QB of the Week
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football "No Panic": Mississippi State S Jardin Gilbert on experience and adaptability on defense