Do we jump in the polls after this, or do voters decide that Auburn isn't very good

Nitt1300

Oct 12, 2021
It would be interesting to see who we wouldn't be favored to beat. Othe than the current top 5 or 6, I think we might well be favored against anybody else.

VaDave4PSU

Oct 12, 2021
Yep and the only 1 loss team ahead of us is 2-1 Utah. Surprisingly the pitters dropped out of the top 25. I guess their big win against Western Michigan didn't impress.

Sparty fell out as well. Don't really like Utah being ahead of us though. Tight road loss to Florida, who got shutdown by Kentucky and tight win vs directional Fla. Gotta rate the PAC high I suppose?

PSUriseANDfire

Oct 12, 2021
Guessing 13 in AP. It is still Auburn @ Jordan-Hare
We were only slight favorites. It looks like a really nice beat down that only happens there about once a decade.

Edit: hadn't seen the updates. Shouldn't be too hard to get to a 8 or 9 before Michigan.

Last edited:

PSUwolf

Oct 29, 2021
They take care of bizness and the Michigan game will be 2 undefeated top 10 teams clashing ...
"Should be a great game but in reality, Jim and his Big Blue Machine will be almost impossible to beat this year. We're 3-deep at every position and this is the most powerful Michigan team in at least 4 decades." This is a quote from Wolve1972 on another board.

Reactions: Bwifan and LionJim

MacNit

Oct 12, 2021
I disagree. Look at Syracuse. Everyone is saying that Purdue’s loss to the Orange hurts us because Syracuse isn’t ranked and has been mediocre at best the past decade or so. But what if Purdue is good, but Syracuse is really good? Because they weren’t ranked to start the season, it’s going to take 6-8 weeks of them going undefeated before people realize they’re good and should be ranked. The opposite goes for teams like Notre Dame and Texas A&M. Because both were highly ranked to start the season, there’s a perception they’re better than they actually are and will continue to get votes even with a bad loss (or two). So, while current rankings “don’t matter,” they absolute do…unless you go undefeated, that is.
Syracuse and Purdue are both lousy.

Bwifan

Oct 12, 2021
"Should be a great game but in reality, Jim and his Big Blue Machine will be almost impossible to beat this year. We're 3-deep at every position and this is the most powerful Michigan team in at least 4 decades." This is a quote from Wolve1972 on another board.
Unfortunately for them OSU is deeper and better at most positions.... :ROFLMAO: