Does BB have a conditioning problem?

TeeCock

Sophomore
Jul 18, 2001
268
179
43
I know we had a couple of injuries from hit players, but seems like we are having a lot of ham strings and pitcher injuries.⚾️
 

jasonscottinsc

Sophomore
Mar 8, 2023
147
177
43
I think it's the same guy who has been there since they were in CWS in 2010-12. So, don't think it's anyone's fault. Just bad luck perhaps.
 

ToddFlanders

Senior
Mar 30, 2007
947
936
93
I know we had a couple of injuries from hit players, but seems like we are having a lot of ham strings and pitcher injuries.⚾️

Hamstring injuries are the number one soft tissue injury in baseball. MLB teams spend so much to try and prevent them. Unfortunately I don’t think most universities invest top dollar on S&C/sports science coaches for baseball. Heck, they only give out 11.7 scholarships for the whole team - I feel like the kids could just be on their own for the most part (or under conditioned). Probably doing the same one-size-fits-all conditioning they did in high school.
 

Bubba Fett

Joined Oct 6, 2000
Feb 1, 2022
2,254
2,177
113
Hammies take forever to heal once injured. You need strength conditioning, stretching, massages, warmups, good genes, and a bit of luck to avoid straining them.

Good stretching and proper warmup are essential.
 
GamecockCentral

Latest

  1. 01 GamecockCentral Football What South Carolina's offensive transfers have provided in 2026
  2. 02 TheBigSpur Football Key Players for the South Carolina Offense vs. Florida
  3. 03 GamecockCentral Football Everything South Carolina head coach Shane Beamer said on Tuesday leading up to matchup with Florida
  4. 04 GamecockCentral Football Breaking down South Carolina's turnover problem
  5. 05 GamecockCentral Football Shane Beamer shares update on transfer kicker Ethan Sanchez: 'It doesn't seem promising'