E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES! Birds - Commanders game thread

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
You know it’s a $hitty day when you miss almost the entire 1st half, then you get comfortable during halftime, and then there is an electrical outage in your area. smh

Reactions: s1uggo72

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
Great win. The defense was stifling. Wow. They still left some things to clean up, mainly the second half production on offense.

3-0 is fantastic and they have a few more very winnable games coming up!

troutrus

Oct 7, 2021
Too soon?

Attachments

• 3B79B064-5598-4E34-AED9-3DD8118E7CEC.jpeg
    3B79B064-5598-4E34-AED9-3DD8118E7CEC.jpeg
    821.7 KB · Views: 2

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Moral victory: Quarters won: Washington 1, Philadelphia 1.

Other than that it was as one sided a game as I’ve ever seen Washington end up on the wrong side of. It was painful to watch.

Washington is 0-46 in their last two first halves. This is a trend, definitely, unmistakably. They’re a very bad team, and I can’t imagine them finding a fix.

Last edited:

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021

Other than that it was as one sided a game as I’ve ever seen Washington end up on the wrong side of. It was painful to watch.

Washington is 0-46 in their last two first halves. This is a trend, definitely, unmistakably. They’re a very bad team, and I can’t imagine them finding a fix.
At this point, Wentz is a bad QB. He still has a cannon arm, but also a loose cannon mindset. His lack of mobility and holding the ball too long is an awful combo.

This is a critical season for him. More of yesterday and he could be out of football unless he wants to transition to a Fitzpatrick type of back-up journeyman role.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
At this point, Wentz is a bad QB. He still has a cannon arm, but also a loose cannon mindset. His lack of mobility and holding the ball too long is an awful combo.

This is a critical season for him. More of yesterday and he could be out of football unless he wants to transition to a Fitzpatrick type of back-up journeyman role.
The coaching set him up to fail, imo. Very few rollouts that I could see. It was 3-0 with 10 minutes left in the half and it was obvious that the Commanders would need to rely on the run.

Reactions: WestSideLion

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021

The coaching set him up to fail, imo. Very few rollouts that I could see. It was 3-0 with 10 minutes left in the half and it was obvious that the Commanders would need to rely on the run.

Part of me enjoyed seeing him do poorly (he plays for a different team in the NFC East), and part of me felt sorry for him. He had some good years with the Birds. But he didn't handle some things too well at the end of his time with the Eagles, did so-so with the Colts, and now is behind a terrible line with the Commanders.

It does seem like he's running out of time as a starter in the NFL, unless some things change. Then again, nobody seemed to be complaining about him in the first couple of games for the Commanders.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021

One thing that especially scares me is that Rivera seems overwhelmed and not up to the task, this is very much an unwelcome surprise, as Rivera’s rep has always been that of a tough throwback-style coach. I couldn’t tell you exactly why I feel this way, but I’m sensing an unhealthy vibe in the locker room. Five wins seems a stretch.

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
One thing that especially scares me is that Rivera seems overwhelmed and not up to the task, this is very much an unwelcome surprise, as Rivera’s rep has always been that of a tough throwback-style coach. I couldn’t tell you exactly why I feel this way, but I’m sensing an unhealthy vibe in the locker room. Five wins seems a stretch.
Cancer changes a man, or his outlooks??

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Cancer changes a man, or his outlooks??
No, it’s not the cancer. I’m talking about the changes I’ve seen from last year to this year. His beating cancer is part of his tough-guy personae I’ve mentioned. I’ve never seen him rattled until now.

Last edited:

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
Nah cancel the season and give the Super Bowl Trophy to the Eagles already, just like all the other years.
The Eagles-Jaguars game could be a good one. There are some interesting subplots anyway.

Dougie Fresh’s return to Philly.
Jacksonville’s surprising O vs Philly’s surging D.
Both teams are on impressive streaks of play and Jax really could be 3-0 too.