Easter Eats: Whatcha got?

mcdawg22

Heisman
Sep 18, 2004
13,642
12,125
113
Happy Easter all. Just wondering if anyone is cooking up anything special today. I got a 16 pound brisket from The Butcher Shoppe in Pensacola and started it @ 5 yesterday evening. The last one I did was 12 pounds and took 20 hours so I was worried about pulling meat off at 5 o’clock today. I rubbed with Malcom’s TX Brisket rub and set it in the Rec Tec at 225°. Well as meats do, this one cooked completely different and was done at 7 this morning. A little section of bark stuck to the grill and was delicious. She’s resting now but I’ll update with pics in a few hours.
View attachment 19916
 

Uncle Ruckus

All-American
Apr 1, 2011
15,309
6,700
113
I have two 8-lb butts on smoke for some bbq nachos, 4 pork tenderloins I’m going to cook indirect on my Weber and gotta make some slaw for tenderloin sliders, mac and cheese and gonna throw some beans underneath the shoulders when we get back from church around 945 and will be putting some of the shoulder in the beans.
 

Seinfeld

All-American
Nov 30, 2006
11,614
7,832
113
Trying a couple new things. Smoked ham burnt ends for an app with brie and roasted pecans. Pork tenderloin Wellington for lunch
 

PBRME

All-American
Feb 12, 2004
11,381
5,426
113
I’m the middle of moving so keeping it simple. Steaks, potatoes, salad, and hot sausage rotel.
 

1msucub

Senior
Oct 3, 2004
2,187
752
113
Per usual, typical southern fare at my mother-in-law’s. She always complains that she overcooked the ham, and it is always awesome. All the fixins that you’d expect. Nap and glucose/cholesterol spike to follow.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State sells out Davis Wade Stadium for 2nd week running
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Week 5 Preview: Who Carries the Load?
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Week 5 Preview: Alabama Q&A
  4. 04 Maroon and White Mississippi State’s Isaac Smith and Fluff Bothwell “Probable” on initial SEC availability report
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Week 5 Preview: Who Controls the Skies?