Egg Bowl extended cut

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I've watched many a college football game through the years and I can't remember a shovel pass being blocked like that before. Maybe I just have a short memory. Does anyone remember a shovel pass being blocked in the game before? From any college football team?

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I've watched many a college football game through the years and I can't remember a shovel pass being blocked like that before. Maybe I just have a short memory. Does anyone remember a shovel pass being blocked in the game before? From any college football team?
I don't know if you heard Charlton's interview after the game but he broke it down well. He said he sees that play every day in practice because we run it all the time, and as soon as he saw the guard pull and the QB shuffle, he knew the play and positioned himself to block it. And if you look at a replay, if he doesn't block it, it's a walk in conversion for them. It was a tremendous job by Charlton to recognize it, and to be honest, a horrible decision from Kiffin to run a play that our guys see all the time in practice.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022

Beautiful video. Love it. The only issue at all is it doesn't include one of the plays of the game. If Tulu didn't steal a scoop and score from the arms of the Rebels, I'm afraid we're talking about a different result today.

Props to Tulu for a hustle play for the ages. It may never make the highlight reel, but that dive (and Charlton's swat) are etched in my memory. It was a good night to wear #5. Well done.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
I don't know if you heard Charlton's interview after the game but he broke it down well. He said he sees that play every day in practice because we run it all the time, and as soon as he saw the guard pull and the QB shuffle, he knew the play and positioned himself to block it. And if you look at a replay, if he doesn't block it, it's a walk in conversion for them. It was a tremendous job by Charlton to recognize it, and to be honest, a horrible decision from Kiffin to run a play that our guys see all the time in practice.
Right.

Players make plays. Winners make plays. Losers watch their opponents make plays.

That was a play.

Great job by Randy Charlton to make the play that ended the game.

Reactions: LocalBeachBum

LocalBeachBum

Dec 8, 2021
There have been many screwball plays that cause us to lose. This wasn’t a screwball play. It was a great defensive play. Congrats to a team that didn’t quit under pressure!