Elon Musk buys Twitter. End of the world is near! ;)

DaFireMedic

Aug 24, 2017
Now you want to act surprised to learn that the media shares inside information with the entity who's representatives are supposed to act on behalf of the people, by the people and for the people, all of who took an oath to protect your rights, one of which happens to be a right to privacy, a right that was forfeited the minute it was left open to interpretation as part of a political agenda set forth by the two current corrupt governing party's that have each sold out their country and it's courts to the highest bidder.
Actually, no one here is surprised at all. We’ve been saying it for years. We are just thankful that the evidence is finally coming out and the corruption is finally being exposed.

What we are surprised about is that anyone on the left is actually admitting it now.

shane2020

Jan 23, 2020
Fascinating! Elon is very aggressive and unpredictable.

“I think it’s possible to become the biggest financial institution in the world,” Mr. Musk said in March at a Morgan Stanley conference.

Last week, he tried to signal to remaining workers that they could benefit greatly from their collective success, rolling out an employee stock plan for the private company that valued it at about $20 billion. He also told them that he sees a “clear, but difficult, path” to being worth more than $250 billion at some point.

That number compares with financial giants, such as JPMorgan Chase & Co., which has a market value of about $380 billion, and Bank of America Corp., worth almost $230 billion. PayPal Holdings Inc., which isn’t technically a bank, is valued at around $85 billion.

Mr. Musk didn’t give a timeline and he didn’t respond to a request for comment.

Motivating workers with the potential of a big payday is a familiar playbook Mr. Musk uses at his other companies. In 2015, for example, he drew some collective eye-rolling from Wall Street when he claimed Tesla, then valued at around $25 billion, would in a decade’s time match Apple Inc., then worth about $700 billion.

Tesla surpassed that $700 billion valuation and became the first auto maker to be worth more than $1 trillion in 2021. Since then, its valuation has fallen to around $620 billion.

Reactions: Pudly76

101Coast

Sep 3, 2017
I remember Elon telling everyone to slow down on AI because it could be potentially dangerous.

Damn, just another one of them...

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
I remember Elon telling everyone to slow down on AI because it could be potentially dangerous.

You’re much smarter and more revered a thinker than Elon, so feel free to put him down.

• Haha
Reactions: shane2020

101Coast

Sep 3, 2017
You’re much smarter and more revered a thinker than Elon, so feel free to put him down.
You know Puds, Elon is a businessman after all and a social media star, so when he warns about something that gets press, and at the same time has been developing on what he warned about...

Forget it, you can't get it.

SouthbayTrojan91

Aug 24, 2017
You know Puds, Elon is a businessman after all and a social media star, so when he warns about something that gets press, and at the same time has been developing on what he warned about...

Why is it complicated for you?

He cannot warn about the potential excesses or the damage to the youth learning process and still develop the tech?

Explain this to me.

I guess that means he is not allowed to say anything about the dangers of automobiles either.

DaFireMedic

Aug 24, 2017

He cannot warn about the potential excesses or the damage to the youth learning process and still develop the tech?

Explain this to me.

I guess that means he is not allowed to say anything about the dangers of automobiles either.
He’s just the person to sound the alarm. He’s seen the possibilities and knows where this could lead if we don’t proceed cautiously.

101Coast

Sep 3, 2017

Explain this to me.

It's not complicated for me. He's made out to be the better guy, ie, buys and saves twitter, and warms about AI, etc.

It's not youth he's talking about. It's potential Terminator.

Don't be that guy then do the opposite. At least wait a couple years, which was not in the plans.

Elon was a co-founder of OpenAI. He left. When OpenAI got all this press, Elon went on his warning spree, meanwhile developing his own. Few months later, he announces his company.

SouthbayTrojan91

Aug 24, 2017
It's not complicated for me. He's made out to be the better guy, ie, buys and saves twitter, and warms about AI, etc.

It's not youth he's talking about. It's potential Terminator.

Don't be that guy then do the opposite. At least wait a couple years, which was not in the plans.

Elon was a co-founder of OpenAI. He left. When OpenAI got all this press, Elon went on his warning spree, meanwhile developing his own. Few months later, he announces his company.

Don't see a problem with any of that.
Warning about the dangers while developing a solution sounds EXACTLY like the logical thing to do.

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018

Your an idiot. How is it that you just spit in the air and see what it sticks on.
You can voice warnings about many things and still work on them.

But of course, not in your little world

101Coast

Sep 3, 2017
Don't see a problem with any of that.
Warning about the dangers while developing a solution sounds EXACTLY like the logical thing to do.
It wasn't just a warning. It was a topic. A topic that made the rounds in the various forums and press and not just once.

I don't believe it was intentional. It could have initially been an answer to a question, however, when it started to grow he could have halted it instead of pushing on, knowing he has the same thing coming out. He is said to be smart.

When it was announced yesterday, the first thing that popped into my head was, um, he was just warning about the potential dangers of AI. Now, I don't follow Elon news and this was what I distinctly remembered, so maybe I'm just sensitive to this do what you preach thingy.

101Coast

Sep 3, 2017
Your an idiot. How is it that you just spit in the air and see what it sticks on.
You can voice warnings about many things and still work on them.

But of course, not in your little world
Puds, thanks for the compliment.

SouthbayTrojan91

Aug 24, 2017
It wasn't just a warning. It was a topic. A topic that made the rounds in the various forums and press and not just once.

I don't believe it was intentional. It could have initially been an answer to a question, however, when it started to grow he could have halted it instead of pushing on, knowing he has the same thing coming out. He is said to be smart.

When it was announced yesterday, the first thing that popped into my head was, um, he was just warning about the potential dangers of AI. Now, I don't follow Elon news and this was what I distinctly remembered, so maybe I'm just sensitive to this do what you preach thingy.
Let me try and state this a different way.
If you (Elon) are concerned about the potential dangers of a technology, it makes sense to develop your own version of it where you can mitigate and alleviate those same dangers you are concerned about.

101Coast

Sep 3, 2017
If you (Elon) are concerned about the potential dangers of a technology, it makes sense to develop your own version of it where you can mitigate and alleviate those same dangers you are concerned about.
Yeah, you can do that but maybe focus on that and ensure the public you're trying to develop something you believe is safe. Maybe not make it a point to go around telling everybody how bad it could be and that it should really be thought through, when you have as much insight as anyone else in the field.

Maybe it's been 6 months. Not a big deal. I just noticed two different headlines pulling in opposite direction.

https://decrypt.co/124849/elon-musk-steve-wozniak-urge-openai-t

Elon Musk, Steve Wozniak Urge OpenAI to Halt ChatGPT Upgrades​

An online petition with over 1,100 public signatures calls for a six-month moratorium on further enhancements to the leading AI tool.​

https://futureoflife.org/open-letter/pause-giant-ai-experiments/

Pause Giant AI Experiments: An Open Letter​

"We call on all AI labs to immediately pause for at least 6 months the training of AI systems more powerful than GPT-4."

shane2020

Jan 23, 2020

It’s not only the danger of AI running amuck, but there’s also the GIGO factor. If the liberals create AI that favors liberals it just becomes one more weapon in their arsenal to deceive people.

Reactions: DaFireMedic

101Coast

Sep 3, 2017
It’s not only the danger of AI running amuck, but there’s also the GIGO factor. If the liberals create AI that favors liberals it just becomes one more weapon in their arsenal to deceive people.
See, man, it always turns into this.

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
How many CEOs have open discussions on public/free platforms discussing cutting edge issues like this?

Reactions: shane2020

101Coast

Sep 3, 2017
How many CEOs have open discussions on public/free platforms discussing cutting edge issues like this?

One? I think there’s just one.
Listen to Elon starting at 1:02:40 to 1:05:00.

Kamala Harris as the A.I. Tzar. 😂🤣

Elon: "the biggest counter argument that I get for regulating A.I. in the west is that CHINA will not regulate and that China will leap ahead because we're regulating, they're not."

You can clearly see what's happening. Instead of trying to make America better by engaging with the world, we need to stop them. In this case it's China, but it is virtually every country we deal with, including those whom we call allies. This is fundamental in our government.

Now, these are very innocent unscripted comments from a guy who is in the room with potential policy makers and regulators. China gave him "senior leadership" and we gave him the A.I. Tzar Kamala Harris.

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
Listen to Elon starting at 1:02:40 to 1:05:00.

Kamala Harris as the A.I. Tzar. 😂🤣

Elon: "the biggest counter argument that I get for regulating A.I. in the west is that CHINA will not regulate and that China will leap ahead because we're regulating, they're not."

You can clearly see what's happening. Instead of trying to make America better by engaging with the world, we need to stop them. In this case it's China, but it is virtually every country we deal with, including those whom we call allies. This is fundamental in our government.

Now, these are very innocent unscripted comments from a guy who is in the room with potential policy makers and regulators. China gave him "senior leadership" and we gave him the A.I. Tzar Kamala Harris.
I love china… 💋🖕🏽

DaFireMedic

Aug 24, 2017
Yea the KETAMINE ADDICT is all knowing .

Not all knowing, but he does know more than most about AI and its dangers. Where did you read that he was addicted to Ketamine?

Joe Biden is addicted to __________? Fill in the Blank
Ben Gay. And maybe Cocaine. We have as much evidence of that as we do that Musk is addicted to Ketamine.

• Wow
Reactions: Pudly76