ESPN App

mcdawg22

Heisman
Sep 18, 2004
13,634
12,104
113
How often do you have to re-enter your TV subscription into the app? I watch on 3 devices. 2 Firesticks and a Roku. The longest I probably go between watching on any of the devices is 2 weeks. But it seems every 3 or 4 days, I’m having to enter my credentials in the App over again. I don’t have to do this with any other app. Does anyone else have this problem? It’s real 17’n annoying.
 

jlove20

Redshirt
Sep 18, 2017
118
32
28
The ESPN app is the most finicky streaming app I use. Nearly a 50-50 chance on the second time I click on our game. Guess I have to count my blessings I can watch a midweek non-SEC baseball game from NOLA.
 
Last edited:

WrapItDog

Senior
Aug 23, 2012
4,335
791
113
About 3 times a year. At some point during the football, basketball, and baseball season. Directv is my provider.
 

missouridawg

Junior
Oct 6, 2009
9,406
308
83
I re enter logins weekly.

The app never plays our game the first time I try either. Every time I have to close the app and reopen it.

It sucks
 

RocketDawg

All-Conference
Oct 21, 2011
19,993
2,772
113
I had to re-synch (sign in again) at the start of baseball season, but I'd not used my Roku for a few months. At least one other app I have to sign in every time I use it. Provider is Dish.
 

anon1787432961

Heisman
Mar 4, 2008
15,854
14,328
113
Google is addressing password problems. So many users use the same password across different sites that they use for Google. Google TV uses that password so the TV providers like ESPN/Disney make them resynch often due to so many people using logins illegally to watch TV.
 

RocketDawg

All-Conference
Oct 21, 2011
19,993
2,772
113
I don't really have a password to re-sign in. I get a message that tells me to go to a website, which gives me a 6 or 7 digit alpha/numeric code, then I have to sign into my Dish account, enter the code, and it allows access (the process might be slightly different). It doesn't happen very often with ESPN though - once every few months. I suppose it's to verify that I still have a provider account.
 

hdogg

Senior
Nov 21, 2014
1,206
790
113
I have spectrum and had to reinstall 3 times a few weeks ago. It's been fine since but does suck in general.
 

The Peeper

Heisman
Feb 26, 2008
16,692
12,397
113
ESPN is without a doubt the worst app available. I often have to re enter credentials, it constantly buffers and stops and I have to go back to the menu and choose the program again. It's the only app I have problems with
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Week 5 Preview: Who Controls the Skies?
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football "Complementary team football is what they're doing really well": Alabama HC Kalen DeBoer on Mississippi State matchup
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football SEC Nation returns to Starkville, beginning with Friday Finebaum show
  4. 04 Rivals Basketball Recruiting OTE Pro Day Recruiting Intel: Latest buzz on Beckham Black, Paul Osaruyi and more
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Week 5 Preview: Alabama Players to Know