FC: James Franklin on expectations for 2024…

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021

i see what you did there futurama GIF

Nitt1300

Oct 12, 2021
Getting over the hump? Franklin has been taking so long to "get over the hump" that he qualifies for free soda refills for his frequent humping mileage.....
Getting over the hump? Franklin has been taking so long to "get over the hump" that he qualifies for free soda refills for his frequent humping mileage.....
It took Joe 15 years to win a natty

Ram20

Oct 25, 2021
We need to be better, but we've been really good. I've heard this PR talk enough from Franklin. I'd really just rather him say "we are striving to be the best we can be" and leave it at that. I appreciate his desire to give a different perspective than standard "coach-speak," but this PR/protect the record stuff annoys me. Not that it is untrue.

HarrisburgDave

Oct 29, 2021
Franklin is the Marty Schottenheimer of college football coaches.

He is not bad, but he is not great either. He’s the guy that the top coaches beat to fatten up their records of “quality wins”.

The statement of his at the top of this thread is classic Franklin.. a statement that has a touch of self criticism with an excuse built in.

Franklin is one of those guys we all know. The kind who thinks he is smarter than the rest of us. Their act eventually gets old. You come to either learn to disregard them or hate their guts.

I have come to disregard him. I know his act and his talent level is well established. College football is no longer what it was. If it was I would be able to summon up some old fashioned disgust for him.
I just no longer care as much as I used to care.

Last edited:

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
I don’t think Franklin makes this sort of statement (with the 99% rationalization) unless he knows that his bosses are of the same mindset.

We Are…Maligned! Aligned!

Reactions: Midnighter

Ironman2

Dec 18, 2021
Franklin is the Marty Schottenheimer of college football coaches.

He is not bad, but he is not great either. He’s the guy that the top coaches beat to fatten up their records of “quality wins”.

His act gets old. The statement of his at the top of this thread is classic Franklin.. a statement that has a touch of self criticism with an excuse built in.

Franklin is one of those guys we all know. The kind who thinks he is smarter than the rest of us. Their act eventually gets old. You come to either learn to disregard them or hate their guts.

I have come to disregard him. I know his act and his talent level is well established. College football is no longer what it was. If it was I would be able to summon up some old fashioned disgust for him.
I just no longer care as much as I used to care.
I know a lot of people who care less because of NIL and the transfer portal.

Reactions: Bison13

HarrisburgDave

Oct 29, 2021
How long did it take Joe to have back-to-back undefeated seasons? If it wasn't a voting system in those years, Joe might have won 4 or 5 more National Championships than he did.
4 or 5 more MNCs? Maybe more realistically 2. Not bad though.

Reactions: Bison13

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
How long did it take Joe to have back-to-back undefeated seasons? If it wasn't a voting system in those years, Joe might have won 4 or 5 more National Championships than he did.

4 or 5 more MNCs? Maybe more realistically 2. Not bad though.
Loved Joe, but what he did or didn't do is irrelevant to the current state of the program. Franklin isn't competing against him, though some, for whatever reason, like to think so.

HarrisburgDave

Oct 29, 2021
Loved Joe, but what he did or didn't do is irrelevant to the current state of the program. Franklin isn't competing against him, though some, for whatever reason, like to think so.
If you bothered to read the thread you would note that a defender of Schottenheimer, excuse me Franklin, brought up Joe first. The poster was responding to that stupid, excuse me worthless, post. If you wanted to play traffic cop you would have better served your purpose by quoting the first post.

Reactions: Ironman2

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
If you bothered to read the thread you would note that a defender of Schottenheimer, excuse me Franklin, brought up Joe first. The poster was responding to that stupid, excuse me worthless, post. If you wanted to play traffic cop you would have better served your purpose by quoting the first post.
It's still an irrelevant comparison when it comes to on-field performance.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
I don’t think Franklin makes this sort of statement (with the 99% rationalization) unless he knows that his bosses are of the same mindset.

We Are…Maligned! Aligned!

Was going to say the same. Franklin probably posts here...

Joining Welcome Home GIF

• Love
Reactions: BobPSU92

BiochemPSU

Oct 30, 2021
I wonder how much some of us would care about NIL and the transfer portal if the team was winning the B1G and making the playoffs frequently?
Correct. If this program had a 50/50 shot at beating OSU and Michigan every year with Franklin, the portal and NIL thing would be background noise and merchandise would be flying off the shelf.

Reactions: Grass

cac@PSU

Oct 15, 2021
Time to beat Mich and Ohio State in the same season. Franhlin needs to beat both teams to become a top coach..

Latest posts