FedEx making a big delivery

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Seems like a bad move for a company that is missing their marks
Been a lot of local layoffs recently as well. There's been a lot of "boo FedEx...fire your workers but find several billions for stock buybacks?". But today it's "I love you FedEx what would we do without you #GTG". It's a very fickle emotional bunch here in Memphis.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Seems like they could use that money to figure out how to properly deliver packages. I cringe every time I learn that FedEx is who will be shipping anything to me. I’ve never had any problems with UPS or USPS, but multiple fiascos with these clowns.

Reactions: patdog

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
Seems like they could use that money to figure out how to properly deliver packages. I cringe every time I learn that FedEx is who will be shipping anything to me. I’ve never had any problems with UPS or USPS, but multiple fiascos with these clowns.
Just the opposite for me. Fedex has a sterling record to my house. Fedex also has the contract to carry USPS deliveries for them. Once to the location, then USPS makes the local delivery to your house.

Reactions: eckie1

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Just the opposite for me. Fedex has a sterling record to my house. Fedex also has the contract to carry USPS deliveries for them. Once to the location, then USPS makes the local delivery to your house.
They just lost it to UPS. It was low margin work but it'll be an adjustment to their system.

ETA: super low margin. It's a low margin business top bottom but USPS margin really wasn't that important to them other than filling out some excess space. Dumping it and streamlining what's left is a win in theory.

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
They just lost it to UPS. It was low margin work but it'll be an adjustment to their system.

ETA: super low margin. It's a low margin business top bottom but USPS margin really wasn't that important to them other than filling out some excess space. Dumping it and streamlining what's left is a win in theory.
Will be an increase in their bottom line then. May be a good time to buy their stock.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Will be an increase in their bottom line then. May be a good time to buy their stock.
Could be. I suck at knowing what Wall Street has and hasn't baked in their valuations. But their operating margins should improve if they make the system changes they've needed to make a long time ago. Too many redundancies. UPS and FDX aren't always apples to apples but it's past time FDX catches up with UPS on their operating margins. I've listened to a lot of the earnings calls and Wall Street has tired of UPS operating more efficiently even with a heavy union employee presence.

Anon1664516582

Sep 30, 2022
Over the last 1-2 years, it seems like the best thing we can say about NIL and State is that it's allowed us to just barely hang on to our own players. Tolu, Zavion, and Dakota to name a few. It sure hasn't gotten us anywhere with recruits and transfers, though, and now that our AD (whose alleged primary focus is NIL) has been here for a full year, it'd be nice to hear about plans for change. We don't seem to be making a whole lot of progress here at all, at least as it pertains to actually landing kids out of the portal that are desperately needed in all sports

Over the last 1-2 years, it seems like the best thing we can say about NIL and State is that it's allowed us to just barely hang on to our own players. Tolu, Zavion, and Dakota to name a few. It sure hasn't gotten us anywhere with recruits and transfers, though, and now that our AD (whose alleged primary focus is NIL) has been here for a full year, it'd be nice to hear about plans for change. We don't seem to be making a whole lot of progress here at all, at least as it pertains to actually landing kids out of the portal that are desperately needed in all sports
That might take up too much time and he can’t get his picture taken every 17ing minute. Keenum continues to make stupid hires..

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
Fed Ex sucks! You let that package go through their Pearl, MS facility and it disappears. I refuse to use Fed Ex it's happened so frequently. UPS is easily better and they work better with USPS too.

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
Man po ol state lives long and hard in this thread. I won’t into details here on a public free message board, but we ain’t as broke as you all make it out to be. Also, for all y’all bitchin why don’t you give a little to the BI instead of posting garbage like we can’t compete and sh!te. Be part of the solution and not the problem

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006
I am guessing State's issue with NIL is...... Rural area and lack of corporations near by. Also, an alumni base that is mainly disinterested.
There is 14,000 members in the BC and only 2/3 of those are active members.
That and we are not the only school in the local media area. New Orleans TV stations have commercials with Flau’Jae Johnson and Angel Reese because LSU is the only game in town. Would you go to a business who has Jaxson Dart in a commercial on WTVA?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I am guessing State's issue with NIL is...... Rural area and lack of corporations near by. Also, an alumni base that is mainly disinterested.
There is 14,000 members in the BC and only 2/3 of those are active members.
Ain't no guessing to it. That's EXACTLY our problem.

That and we are not the only school in the local media area. New Orleans TV stations have commercials with Flau’Jae Johnson and Angel Reese because LSU is the only game in town. Would you go to a business who has Jaxson Dart in a commercial on WTVA?
I never thought about this. Teams in states with rival programs are at a distinct disadvantage in this way.

We are going to have to get creative with this thing, man. We can't just fleece our middle class fanbase forever.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Man po ol state lives long and hard in this thread. I won’t into details here on a public free message board, but we ain’t as broke as you all make it out to be. Also, for all y’all bitchin why don’t you give a little to the BI instead of posting garbage like we can’t compete and sh!te. Be part of the solution and not the problem
We ain’t broke, but we can’t sign players. I’m seeing a disconnect here. And yes, everyone needs to give more to NIL & quit throwing it away with Bulldog Club. It does zero good in BC.

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
We ain’t broke, but we can’t sign players. I’m seeing a disconnect here. And yes, everyone needs to give more to NIL & quit throwing it away with Bulldog Club. It does zero good in BC.
We retained Tolu last year. We retained Hubbard and Mathew’s this year. They were both pursued by other programs. In football We were able to add Kelly A from the portal in Coleman from the Portal. I’d say our OL from portal were solid. What out WRs class? They weren’t free. We are in on some kids from the spring portal now including Martinez and that’s after landing Amos. I can assure you they ain’t cheap. And that’s just a few names. So… I guess we are signing players..

patdog

May 28, 2007
We retained Tolu last year. We retained Hubbard and Mathew’s this year. They were both pursued by other programs. In football We were able to add Kelly A from the portal in Coleman from the Portal. I’d say our OL from portal were solid. What out WRs class? They weren’t free. We are in on some kids from the spring portal now including Martinez and that’s after landing Amos. I can assure you they ain’t cheap. And that’s just a few names. So… I guess we are signing players..
We signed quantity from the football portal, not quality. All 3*. Only 28th ranked transfer class despite more transfers in than almost everyone.