FGF has lost its juice…

King Ward

Jan 20, 2022
It will gain traction. A blip was inevitable. Appears to me that the deeply discounted Insiders page has shifted a lot of action over there. That's a good thing in the long run, I imagine.

Last edited:
Reactions: 92Pony

Brian Shoemaker

Gamecock Central Founder+Publisher
Staff member
Aug 26, 2021
Seriously, if there's something I can do to help put some pep into FGF's step, just let me know.

Some posters will be on The Insiders Forum for a year.

Some posters will be on the old site for a while.

And there were some times when the old FGF was pretty darn slow as far as new posts.

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
Seriously, if there's something I can do to help put some pep into FGF's step, just let me know.

And there were some times when the old FGF was pretty darn slow as far as new posts.

It is the off-season. Just give it a dose of spring practice and a spring game.

And personally, I'm glad to keep some of the posters on the old site. (I'll do my part to keep them busy) :)

Fowlmoodin99

Joined Oct 28, 1998
Jan 20, 2022
Actually, I enjoy the crowd over here more than on Insider. I pay to hear what Wes, Chris, Collyn, Shoe, UvA have to say. But as far as member commentary, this may be slower, but it's always more realistic. I suspect some of the FGF folks scrapping over there now will make their way back here after the homers over there declare them trolls.

Last edited:

Freddie.B.Cocky

Joined Jul 19, 2002
Jan 21, 2022

When you say the old site, what do you mean? I thought this was the old site but just moved to On3. Is the old site FGF ran by Brian Shoemaker still in existents?

Reactions: Whiterockcock69

Cackmandu

Feb 2, 2022
I had a feeling there would be something lost in transition, but it is somewhat of a slow period!

Reactions: 92Pony

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
When you say the old site, what do you mean? I thought this was the old site but just moved to On3. Is the old site FGF ran by Brian Shoemaker still in existents?
Freddy, apparently the FGF on Rivals is still up and active, but dying a slow death as posters transition to ON3. My understanding is that FGF Rivals is considered the "old site" and FGF ON3 is the "new site".

Note than none of the threads on FGF Rivals have been transitioned to Rivals ON3.

As I've stated a couple of times previously on FGF threads here on ON3, I am not going back and forth between Rivals and ON3, i.e., I am reading/posting on FGF ON3 exclusively. My little contribution to, as King Ward stated, help FGF ON3 gain traction.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
I don't know why some won't make the move. It's literally the same thing and the same people. Just a different web address. My browser has already learned the new address.

MrCockStrong

Feb 2, 2022
With the move.

FGF has never lost its juice. FGF is the people. Look at Coupe's thread showing the people that go back to the Gamecock page that he and Plano started. If that doesn't make it clear for you, then you don't understand what FGF really is.

Dod Rangerfield

Jan 30, 2022
Top two best things about the new board:
#1 - $1 insider sub
#2 - Rod's back
:LOL:

Freddie.B.Cocky

Joined Jul 19, 2002
Jan 21, 2022
Freddy, apparently the FGF on Rivals is still up and active, but dying a slow death as posters transition to ON3. My understanding is that FGF Rivals is considered the "old site" and FGF ON3 is the "new site".

Note than none of the threads on FGF Rivals have been transitioned to Rivals ON3.

As I've stated a couple of times previously on FGF threads here on ON3, I am not going back and forth between Rivals and ON3, i.e., I am reading/posting on FGF ON3 exclusively. My little contribution to, as King Ward stated, help FGF ON3 gain traction.
Thanks for the clarification.

Reactions: atl-cock

bayrooster

Jan 21, 2022

It's going to be pretty slow until baseball season starts if men's b-ball doesn't make a tournament.

Fowlmoodin99

Joined Oct 28, 1998
Jan 20, 2022
Spring football should be interesting with the Rattler/Doty positioning; sorting out the wide receivers; looking at the transfer players; watching the transfer outs; assessing recruits.

We will probably have a new basketball coach to create a little excitement about that sport, and no doubt, some on here, but particularly on Insider, will still be arguing Frank's fate whether he's here or not.

King Ward

Jan 20, 2022
WBB. Are we taking them for granted?
Their eminence is unquestioned. Their subscribership is rabid. Their peak influence will expire the first week in April. If baseball doesn't catch fire, we're waiting for August. As for your question, I suppose many are.

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
Their eminence is unquestioned. Their subscribership is rabid. Their peak influence will expire the first week in April. If baseball doesn't catch fire, we're waiting for August. As for your question, I suppose many are.
Baseball season begins prior to March Madness. Why would there be a slowdown?

King Ward

Jan 20, 2022
Baseball season begins prior to March Madness. Why would there be a slowdown?
The question is not when it begins but how far it can carry sports interest. Baseball extends through May and into June if a team goes way into playoffs. But if a team tanks during the middle stages of the season or earlier, the air will be out of the college sports balloon until football activities begin. Meantime, basketball ends the first week of April in any case - for the teams which make it that far.

Incidentally, I think I see the new board gaining some traction over the past couple of days.

Last edited:
Reactions: atl-cock

Latest posts