Fire GoTro

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Why do you start threads like this constantly??

Does it even cross your mind that we found a way to get 5 runs against two of the very best pitchers in the country??

Nevermind, I know the answer.

Reactions: bamabully

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
Arkansas swung the bats in the bottom of the eighth and beat us. The First batter hit a outside breaking ball. The shortstop hit a pitch out of the strike zone for a single up the middle. Those guys have a hitting mentality.

We had an error, HBP and two walks with the lone sac fly. Then another walk and our best hitter never took his bat off his shoulder with the bases loaded. We have a walk is good mentality. Jordan just isn't seeing the ball right now. Someone will tell him one day he ain't getting paid to walk.

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
Arkansas swung the bats in the bottom of the eighth and beat us. The First batter hit a outside breaking ball. The shortstop hit a pitch out of the strike zone for a single up the middle. Those guys have a hitting mentality.

We had an error, HBP and two walks with the lone sac fly. Then another walk and our best hitter never took his bat off his shoulder with the bases loaded. We have a walk is good mentality. Jordan just isn't seeing the ball right now. Someone will tell him one day he ain't getting paid to walk.
He needs glasses. He swings very hard hoping the ball hits his bat!

msugolf

Dec 29, 2008

Jordan has struck out 34 times in his last 80 plate appearances and 21 games. He also has 6 games with 3 k’s. He’s guessing on a lot of pitches and isn’t very confident. If he’s struggling with sec pitching, wait till he gets to the pro’s and teams start pitching him backwards

Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
The problem is who kept another non-performing assistant coach on staff far too long? GoPro is just the symptom.

Reactions: 60sdog

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
Jordan has struck out 34 times in his last 80 plate appearances and 21 games. He also has 6 games with 3 k’s. He’s guessing on a lot of pitches and isn’t very confident. If he’s struggling with sec pitching, wait till he gets to the pro’s and teams start pitching him backwards
I would suggest to him at this point is to do what Roberto Clemente said he did when he would get in a slump. Try to hit every pitch. Eliminate the decision and swing at each pitch. Don't look for a perfect pitch.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
It’s not the approach. It’s the lack of talent. We have 4 guys in our order that shouldn’t be in any sec lineup.

people down on Jordan are the same ones who were down on Hines. Jordan is fine. It’s called an average for a reason, when he started that hot anyone with sense would know a down time was coming. At least he’s been servicable in sec play unlike others.

anyome that thought jordan was more than what he currently is needs to reevaluat. He’s raw with lighttower powe. But he’s pitch able. A mistake hitter who’s got a lot of swing and miss in him. You aren’t going to Change that, gotta ride the waves and know at the end we are better off with him than without him

Reactions: Maroon13 and patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
I would suggest to him at this point is to do what Roberto Clemente said he did when he would get in a slump. Try to hit every pitch. Eliminate the decision and swing at each pitch. Don't look for a perfect pitch.
Friend played 10 years on pro tennis tour. This is exactly how he broke out of the worst slump in his career. Got so bad he finally said screw it, I’m not going to think I’m just going to hit every ball as hard as I can. Came right out of the slump.

Reactions: Anon1669338224

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Some guys you want to be more selective like Chance and Mershon. They have a good eye for the pitch. Mershon’s weakness is the fastball up in his eyes. Chance weakness is he hits a lot of warning track fly balls. He needs to get serious in the weight room. Hines, Jordan, Hujsack… they should go up to the plate with a bad attitude that if that MFer throws anything over the plate I am going to make him pay and not sit there and watch strikes. They have had that home plate ump last night numerous times during their career. Koehler has somewhat improved during the last few weeks in that he is taking a big boy cut at the ball probably because he couldn’t earlier in the year due to the injury he’s been playing with.

Last edited:

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

I would like your opinion. What do you think about the strikeouts? As a team do we average too many?

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Friend played 10 years on pro tennis tour. This is exactly how he broke out of the worst slump in his career. Got so bad he finally said screw it, I’m not going to think I’m just going to hit every ball as hard as I can. Came right out of the slump.
Same. Except it wasn’t tennis and I was at Ricks.

• Haha
Reactions: patdog

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
I would like your opinion. What do you think about the strikeouts? As a team do we average too many?
For a team that is not loaded with power, yes they strike out to often. However as I have said for many years, they don't strike out due to aggressiveness. They strike out because they give themselves so few chances because they work the count too much and are looking for a perfect pitch. I would be interested to see how many strikeouts has 3 swings or more in an AB. They all think they're G-man. He was that rare hitter that made each swing count and was able to be very selective. I could have never hit that way. I also felt if the bases were loaded and I walked the pitcher won.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
If I’m reading the stats right. We have the 3rd least strikeouts in the sec…. Seems like strikeouts aren’t an issue