Fire Lemonhead!

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
Run rule skunked the day after a meaningless homerun bat flip warning by the same guy who pushed a sliding runner multiple times the weekend before.
If that doesn’t scream fire me, I don’t know what does.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
What pisses me off more than anything is Lemon got us a national championship and evidently didn't do a damn thing to build off of it, and as matter of fact we got worse. It's bewildering.
Well to be fair it’s hard to build off being the best. And he did sign some highly rated classes using his strategy.

Unfortunately for him, using pro analytics and showcase ratings doesn’t always correlate to college success, especially at MSU. To do this, you have to get the best, like Polk did in 1995, and that’s just doesn’t happen much anymore, hell it was an anomaly for us even back then.

It’s time to go out and get the right type of coach, who know the right type players to find, and where to look for them. Or, commit to buying the best of the best. I think the former is the better plan.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Come on now.... he started a creative marketing move by making a 1960s baseball logo the face the athletic department. What genius!
I’ve got a sneaky suspicion there were other, more prominent people that helped push that terrible agenda. Selmon just hopped in that train with them.

Reactions: Maroon13

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
No, I think we pretty definitely proved we are not that when we decided to stick with Lemonis for another round of this **** show this year
I wish yall would stop this. If we had fired him last year, we’d have gotten shlt for interest. We will probably get some good candidates now. I mean we really need to hope we miss the postseason. If we go 2 and Q in a regional, we still may get shlt for candidates. Coaches will say we’re improving and have no patience. They don’t follow it day to day like us. And the money in baseball isn’t big enough to sway people in that situation.

Did y’all learn nothing from Stansbury? And further, this isn’t even like Chizik. I mean he totally tanked and went 3-9. We were around .500 in baseball last year. And Auburn still had to settle for a former coach.

Of course, we’d be lucky if we ended up with Burroughs, and he’d have come last year or this year.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
How does one rebuild something that the same one destroyed? Most have no confidence that can occur.
This he destroyed it. He took what three other coaches and players built and won a natty then once it was all his players he destroyed it. He set the bar as low as possible just two years after winning it and now just having one good started seems like improvement. It's terrible. It's obvious that the guys that cohen and Cann recruited had what it took to win a title and stay at the top. These guys that Lemonis have no damn clue especially the pitching staff.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
What pisses me off more than anything is Lemon got us a national championship and evidently didn't do a damn thing to build off of it, and as matter of fact we got worse. It's bewildering.
Ordinarily I’d agree with this sentiment in spades but the last three national champions have collapsed the following year so it isn’t just Lemonis. I’m perfectly ok if he’s gone at the end of the season but I honestly think that NIL and the transfer portal has affected baseball more than any other sport and everyone is still playing catch up.

Reactions: eckie1