Fluff Bothwell

FlotownDawg

All-American
Aug 30, 2012
7,246
8,126
113
I remember some posters on here schitting on Fluff during the ULM game, saying he has no vision and wouldn’t be the starter for long. I’d say he has proved y’all wrong.
 
  • Like
Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

FlotownDawg

All-American
Aug 30, 2012
7,246
8,126
113
He willed himself to at least 5 first downs tonight he had no business getting. He just said 17 you Jobu I'll do it myself.
The play on third and 10 on the tying touchdown drive where he caught a screen pass five yards short of the first down and then just plowed through three defenders to get the first down was one of the biggest plays of the game. We get stopped there we probably don’t win.
 

BoDawg.sixpack

All-Conference
Feb 5, 2010
5,838
3,552
113
Eddie Murphy Crowd GIF
 

Drebin

Heisman
Aug 22, 2012
22,523
27,497
113
I remember some posters on here schitting on Fluff during the ULM game, saying he has no vision and wouldn’t be the starter for long. I’d say he has proved y’all wrong.
He's not going to be the starter for long if Lebby doesn't start rotating his backs. Fluff getting as many snaps as he is just isn't sustainable. He's getting dinged up.
 

tired

All-Conference
Sep 16, 2013
3,741
1,520
113
He's not going to be the starter for long if Lebby doesn't start rotating his backs. Fluff getting as many snaps as he is just isn't sustainable. He's getting dinged up.
I agree with this. We have some talented backs behind Fluff, but I guess none block like him. His pass blocking on blitzing LBs is elite.

Some fresh legs would be good every now and then.
 

Crazy Cotton

All-Conference
Aug 26, 2012
3,962
1,805
113
I agree with this. We have some talented backs behind Fluff, but I guess none block like him. His pass blocking on blitzing LBs is elite.

Some fresh legs would be good every now and then.
I think that's the key there - dude has given it up for his QB a ton, and he's effective with it. Those other backs should understand with our thin line this is how they get in the game.
 

OG Goat Holder

Heisman
Sep 30, 2022
14,214
13,058
113
He's not going to be the starter for long if Lebby doesn't start rotating his backs. Fluff getting as many snaps as he is just isn't sustainable. He's getting dinged up.
He didn't need to run him as much as he did Saturday either, just in general

Lenny was back playcalling again it appears
 
  • Haha
Reactions: DesotoCountyDawg

skip dog

All-Conference
Nov 15, 2005
1,433
1,194
93
Fluff is something of a cross b/w a bulldozer and a tank

He squared up on some folks and just ran through them
 
Apr 5, 2026
310
346
63
He's currently 2nd in the league in YPG (100.5).

Baugh at UF has 11 TDs! He's on pace for 33 on the season (the record is 22).
 

MagnoliaHunter

All-Conference
Jan 23, 2007
1,827
1,536
113
He sent at least 3 defensive backs to the sidelines after they attempted to tackle him. We need a category of yards dragging linemen.
How about a bounty like the saints did where you get a bonus for sending players to the sideline. He'd be racking up the bonus bucks.
 

MagnoliaHunter

All-Conference
Jan 23, 2007
1,827
1,536
113
I agree with this. We have some talented backs behind Fluff, but I guess none block like him. His pass blocking on blitzing LBs is elite.

Some fresh legs would be good every now and then.
This weekend, three different YouTube bloggers that I watch mentioned how great his blocking is.
 
  • Like
Reactions: tired and patdog
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Baseball "This is Home": 2028 OF Axton Westmoreland commits to Mississippi State
  2. 02 Maroon and White Basketball Mississippi State MBK Assistants speak on size and length added to 26-27 squad
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "Go make the play": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby on Defense and responding to Alabama game
  4. 04 Maroon and White Basketball Mississippi State WBK to play exhibition at Choctaw Central HS
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting WR Darion Moseley backs off pledge to Arkansas, has Big Ten and SEC schools on his list