For those that have been to or planning on going to Auburn, what are your parking plans/recommendations?

From Atherton to Auburn

Jun 5, 2022
@From Atherton to Auburn So if I understand it correctly there really isn’t a tailgate option unless we reserve through the tailgate guys? Except the Hayfields but that is far away and first come first serve.

People do set up small tailgates in other parts of campus. I don't know the rules around them but I don't believe there is a charge. I know some folks who set up a tailgate every game outside the College of Business for example and I don't believe there is a permit or anything. You would not be able to park an RV there.

Reactions: step.eng69 and DC89

step.eng69

Oct 12, 2021
Here is some info on parking and tailgating for tomorrow's Auburn home game; presumably all will be the same on the 17th

al.com article
Thank you very much, Atherton. My daughter and PSU friends ( early 50's) that live in Dothan, AL very much appreciate all of the information you have provided during the last month.
😎
I guess we have been a Penn State family since 1968 when my son was born while i was at the University.

From Atherton to Auburn

Jun 5, 2022
Public service announcement -- if you are flying into Atlanta and driving to Auburn, I recommend picking up your adult beverages in Georgia. Prices are better as is selection. Liquor in Alabama is only sold through ABC stores and a few rip off joints who have to source via ABC

At exit 14 of Interstate 85 is Lafayette Beverage. It is right at the exit. Best prices and selection in the area by far. Huge store. You'll thank me if you stop there

There is also a liquor store at exit 18 but the prices are high and selection is meh

86ed

Oct 25, 2021
Atherton, what are some good watering holes downtown for Pregamming? Auburn draft house any good? Thanks in advance.

From Atherton to Auburn

Jun 5, 2022
Atherton, what are some good watering holes downtown for Pregamming? Auburn draft house any good? Thanks in advance.
Auburn Draft House is a great choice. Wide beer selection and good food. The Hound is another great choice. Hamilton's is where Charles Barkley likes to hang out so you might see him if you go there

For a post-game dinner, here is a place that is getting ready to open in Opelika. I have no idea if it will be good. But if anyone feels they need a reservation somewhere, they might have space:
https://shopbotanic.com/dining/the-grille/

Iionscott

Oct 6, 2021
@From Atherton to Auburn what would you recommend for a place to go post game to watch games and have something to eat? Guess, looking for a good solid sports bar. Staying in auburn on south college

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
Looks like they have something called Tiger Transit on game days from various locations. We are parking about a mile away from the stadium.

Reactions: saturdaysarebetter

wile e coyote

Aug 1, 2021
Last year there was a very friendly Auburn fan that frequented our board before and after the game. Can't remember his "name", but he enjoyed his visit to Penn State. If you're out there, maybe you can help these guys out.
Might have been me. Go by Kellerdog on Rivals, when I’m not bant. 😬 I’m swamped this morning, will revisit later today. Saw a post on our board from @CMcKean that was pretty spot on.

Electric Lion

Nov 7, 2021
The Hound was good. We had a great hummus appetizer. My friend had the BTA sandwich (bacon turkey avocado). She's 28 so naturally there had to be avocado :LOL: I had a Chicago beef sandwich and it was good not great, would not order again. My fries were excellent though. Burgers are a better bet. Also they have a good bourbon selection if you are into that

Amsterdams is a fine choice, the only downside is parking is very limited. When we moved here in the mid-2000s, it was the only really nice restaurant in Auburn but luckily that has changed. They also usually have a good bourbon selection

I think those distances are roughly the same -- both too far to walk -- although in theory you could walk from one of those North Atherton hotels by cutting through the neighborhood. As mentioned above, Pannie George is near the Hampton Inn and is a well regarded soul food place. I believe Todd B featured it on TV one time

Speaking of Todd, he has stated a couple of times that Acre is one of his favorite restaurants anywhere. It is definitely the bucket list place to go if you can get a reservation. Very limited parking but they use valet parking

Also fairly close to the Hampton Inn is a new Fuzzy's Taco Shop. I have not been there but it has been getting good reviews. It is a chain based in (I believe) Texas. Ours is the first one to get a drive-thru
Atherton, all great info. Got a reservation for lunch at Acre, dinner was all booked. You mention they have valet parking. I want to be able to park my car and have lunch and then stay downtown all day on Friday. Will the valet parking accommodate that? Or am I better off just finding a parking garage or some other alternative to leave it for the day? Thanks!

wile e coyote

Aug 1, 2021
@From Atherton to Auburn how was the Hound? Question also, ever hear of a place called Amsterdams ? Friend of mine was checking out places and said their menu looked good. Also, how far is the Acre from 2430 South College (Hampton inn) ?

is staying at the Hampton like staying out at a north atherton hotel as far as proximity to The downtown and/or Jordan Hare? Thanks
Both are very good.

Hugh Laurie

Oct 6, 2021
Parking in the VCOM lot ( Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine) which is a no charge ADA lot. Shuttles run to/from VCOM to the stadium about a mile away and drop off I believe is at War Eagle Way adjacent to the stadium. . Shuttles start returning patrons to the lot at halftime for those wishing to return. Lot opens 4 hours before KO.

For those parking at VCOM it's a left onto Woodfield Dr off of S Donahue Dr and look for the ADA signage for entrance into the lot.

From Atherton to Auburn

Jun 5, 2022
Atherton, all great info. Got a reservation for lunch at Acre, dinner was all booked. You mention they have valet parking. I want to be able to park my car and have lunch and then stay downtown all day on Friday. Will the valet parking accommodate that? Or am I better off just finding a parking garage or some other alternative to leave it for the day? Thanks!
I thought I responded to this, my apologies. I suspect they would make you move your car after your lunch ends

psbc19

Oct 7, 2021
I have two passes for Duncan Drive. Would we be able to tailgate out of this lot, or is it strictly for parking?

HpyVly

Nov 2, 2021
Public service announcement -- if you are flying into Atlanta and driving to Auburn, I recommend picking up your adult beverages in Georgia. Prices are better as is selection. Liquor in Alabama is only sold through ABC stores and a few rip off joints who have to source via ABC

At exit 14 of Interstate 85 is Lafayette Beverage. It is right at the exit. Best prices and selection in the area by far. Huge store. You'll thank me if you stop there

There is also a liquor store at exit 18 but the prices are high and selection is meh
Just stopped by there an hour ago…. Very well stocked establishment……great recommendation!

Chris92

Oct 14, 2021
As late as 3:30 today, flight tracking showed the team plane landing in Columbus, GA tomorrow at 2:20pm EDT. It's been updated now and they'll land at Maxwell AFB at 1:20 CDT. I think @Tgar pulled some strings.

• Haha
Reactions: Tgar

nittanymoops

Oct 31, 2021
Apologies for posting in this thread and another, the same question, but does anyone on the scene in Auburn know if the Hayfields RV lot is full or not? Heading up from P-cola now.

SOLLS

Aug 5, 2021
If you’re coming in from Montgomery or Atlanta, take new exit 50 on I-85 north towards Auburn & continue until you merge right onto Wire Road. Go around a mile & turn left on Webster Road until it tees out in about two miles on HWY 14 Notusulgia Road. Turn right & go a couple miles & there’s free places on the right & good church folks got parking on the left which is better. It’ll cost you around 20 bucks, but follow the crowd on Donahue as they turn right & head straight to Pat Dye Field @Jordon Hare Stadium. Also check out the new our classic & semi new Neville Arena which hosts our Top Ten hoops program praise BRUCE!!!😍
We fastly becoming a basketball school & we loving it
WAR DAMN
&
WE ARE