Friday night Mizzou baseball thread

SyonaraStanz

Senior
Mar 5, 2010
3,229
583
113
More of the same. Something clicked midway through game 2 against SC, and the Bulldogs have looked like crap since.
 

anon1787432961

Heisman
Mar 4, 2008
15,854
14,328
113
TA with a bouncer down the 1st base line, 1st basemen was there, missed it, 2 run triple ties up the game.
 

Jeffreauxdawg

All-American
Dec 15, 2017
8,891
8,003
113
While I haven't looked, it feels like Tanner Allen is batting .700+ with runners in scoring position in a close game.

He's having an all time season and I can't think of any dog this side of Will Clark I would rather have up in a big spot... Maybe Mac.
 

SyonaraStanz

Senior
Mar 5, 2010
3,229
583
113
While I haven't looked, it feels like Tanner Allen is batting .700+ with runners in scoring position in a close game.

He's having an all time season and I can't think of any dog this side of Will Clark I would rather have up in a big spot... Maybe Mac.

Mac had the most memorable, dramatic hits, but TA is way more consistent.
 

Seinfeld

All-American
Nov 30, 2006
11,611
7,827
113
If the SEC cannot figure out how to find umpires that know where a strike zone is, I’m getting really close to the point of wanting them replaced with robots
 

anon1787432961

Heisman
Mar 4, 2008
15,854
14,328
113
If the SEC cannot figure out how to find umpires that know where a strike zone is, I’m getting really close to the point of wanting them replaced with robots

This guy was at first last night. He's an older guy and I can only guess he's just not seeing them clearly
 

Leeshouldveflanked

All-American
Nov 12, 2016
14,591
9,725
113
That was some stupid base running or coaching by either Cumbest or Cheesbrough... the only time you don’t run home is a hit back to pitcher.
 

Jeffreauxdawg

All-American
Dec 15, 2017
8,891
8,003
113
It's called the contact play. With one out you are running on contact with a any ground ball.

But you definitely should have had him tag on the fly ball to right. In college you have to make em through you out on that play... Everytime.
 
Last edited:
Nov 12, 2007
26,006
10,156
113
Doing my part FYI. For the past few weeks. I was turning on the game on after it had started and we've only lost 2 games when I did because of reasons I couldn't help. We lost the Sunday game to Vandy after I tuned in for the first pitch, so I started doing it on purpose.

Tuned in just in time to see Rowdy hit a double and I can help Cumbest making a DUMBEST error there.
 

Seinfeld

All-American
Nov 30, 2006
11,611
7,827
113
I feel like I say this every weekend, but we have to lead the country in infield pop ups
 

Seinfeld

All-American
Nov 30, 2006
11,611
7,827
113
Fan freakin tastic call to bring in wild thing with 2 runners already on. Stinnett should not ever be brought in to a situation like that.
 
Nov 12, 2007
26,006
10,156
113
I think our pitching has been reading too much of it's own press. But if they're going to be bad thins weekend I hope it's just this weekend.
 

muddawgs

Freshman
Aug 22, 2012
1,158
93
48
I don’t understand why he’s looking at the runner while he’s fielding the ball. It’s like he thought he had all day to make that play. You have to catch it and get rid of it. Problem is who do you put there?
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Football Recruiting How Kamario Taylor's success is helping Mississippi State recruit top quarterbacks
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Jett Jefferson's early impact elevating Mississippi State secondary
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "I gotta give it all I got": Mississippi State WR Anthony Evans III on crucial 4th quarter catch
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Points of Focus from Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby heading into Week 5
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting Wiltfong Whiparound: Mega prediction for Kentucky; Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State all made big recruiting moves in week four